Obama Just Compared Christianity With Islam…At National Prayer Breakfast

Islam is not the problem, the mentality of religious people is. And all the faiths have blood on their hands so it's polite to mention that.

How many times do people like you have to be told?

Almost everyone agrees it is the extremists of Islam that cause the problem but to say "yea well other religions..." WE KNOW that!
But Muslims have to work with non-Muslims to rid the world of the "extremists" that are murdering horrifically Christians and Muslims
alike and excusing these Islamic terrorists by saying well the Crusades,etc. helps ONLY the terrorists by justifying THEIR actions today.
We are talking today not 1,000s of years ago!
So Obama just needs to shut the f...k up trying to do "moral equivalency"! It helps ONLY the terrorists!
Don't you understand? These terrorists use words like Obama said as justification!

NO ONE is justifying any terrorist actions. What they are doing is trying to assure the broader Muslim community that WE are NOT crusaders who are hell bent on wiping them all out. (This is what ISIS is telling them in order to recruit) It is smart to undercut that message. It is also smart to NOT give them any religious status at all. They are not "holy warriors" (which is another way they try to recruit) they are common street thugs.

This kind of language drives a wedge between the terrorists and the Muslim community. Which is EXACTLY what we want.

King of Jordan using this same type of language and approach. It's just smart..

OK if it is "smart" not to give them religious status why then even mention the Crusades,etc. which came across as JUSTIFICATION to the terrorists that hey what is the difference between all Christians that did the Crusades,etc. and burning a pilot!

Because you only took a snipet of what he said. What he said was that these crusades (that the terrorists try to link us to in order to recruit) happened many centuries before the United States was formed.

He is undercutting their recruiting message.

It's the smart thing to do. The anti-terrorists folks in the Middle East (Like the King of Jordan) understand this and are using the same type of language.

Islam is not the problem, the mentality of religious people is. And all the faiths have blood on their hands so it's polite to mention that.

Almost everyone agrees it is the extremists of Islam that cause the problem but to say "yea well other religions..." WE KNOW that!
But Muslims have to work with non-Muslims to rid the world of the "extremists" that are murdering horrifically Christians and Muslims
alike and excusing these Islamic terrorists by saying well the Crusades,etc. helps ONLY the terrorists by justifying THEIR actions today.
So Obama just needs to shut the f...k up trying to do "moral equivalency"! It helps ONLY the terrorists!
Don't you understand? These terrorists use words like Obama said as justification!

NO ONE is justifying any terrorist actions. What they are doing is trying to assure the broader Muslim community that WE are NOT crusaders who are hell bent on wiping them all out. (This is what ISIS is telling them in order to recruit) It is smart to undercut that message. It is also smart to NOT give them any religious status at all. They are not "holy warriors" (which is another way they try to recruit) they are common street thugs.

This kind of language drives a wedge between the terrorists and the Muslim community. Which is EXACTLY what we want.

OK if it is "smart" not to give them religious status why then even mention the Crusades,etc. which came across as JUSTIFICATION to the terrorists that hey what is the difference between all Christians that did the Crusades,etc. and burning a pilot!

Because you only took a snipet of what he said. What he said was that these crusades (that the terrorists try to link us to in order to recruit) happened many centuries before the United States was formed.

It's the smart thing to do. The anti-terrorists folks in the Middle East (Like the King of Jordan) understand this and are using the same type of language.

Jordon's King is saying "it's ok to burn because the Christians 1,000 years ago did the crusades!"
Why doesn't Obama say exactly what Jordon's King said?
“Any man I see out there, I’m gonna kill him. Any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, I’m not only going to kill him, I’m going to kill his wife and all his friends and burn his damn house down.”

Channeling his Rev Wright..

"And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ."

Both the crusades and the Inquisition happened in the 13th Century or earlier, many hundreds of years before the establishment of the United States.

"In our own country, slavery, Jim crow, so often was justified in the name of Christ," Obama continued. And he mentioned the collision of faiths in India.

"So it's not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us -- a sinful tendency -- that can pervert and distort our faith."

Obama People Committed Terrible Deeds in the Name of Christ CNS News

And, what's stuck in your bonnet this time?

What the president said is factually correct.

Is the National Prayer Breakfast only for Christians, or what?

I have absolutely not love of Islam at all, but I see nothing wrong or inappropriate in what he said. Then again, unlike you, I don't walk through life enternally butthurt.

He's comparing Christians to the radical nutjobs we're supposed to be fighting?. He's suppose to be a leader rallying the world to defeat the nutjobs. what's the point? He refused to say these people are muslims but he throws stuff out there about Christians 100s of years ago?:cuckoo:

No. You completely lack discernment and take everything far too personally. This is your downfall in every single debate.

Pres. Obama compared the PAST actions of some of Christianity, using PAST TENSE, to the present actions of some of Islam. This is historically correct in every possible way and by doing this, he is boxing in the terrorists, for at least islamic nations who do want to make a charge against ISIS will know that the most powerful man in the world is not condemning them just because they are muslims.

Now, I have some very heavy criticisms of the Kuran itself, which I consider to be a totally flawed book. And I hate terrorists to the core. But I do not assume that every muslim is a terrorist. That's the difference between you and me. I discern. You don't.

And while you are engaging in a bellyache worthy of a 1st grader, our President, through his actions and orders, has killed more terrorists than Bush did - FAR MORE.

So, you can stuff that in your bonnet.

So Obama criticizing Christians is "boxing in terrorists" :rolleyes-41:....Yeah that a good one, it's always your first inclination to defend Obama. Nobody says every muslim is a terrorist, that's some stupid talking point. muslims are being slaughtered by the 10,000s by islamic terrorist so that fake, talking point, was a waste to even make. Obama pulled all troops out of iraq and ignored these nutjobs for far too long, for political reasons that's what you miss. He's not a principled person when it comes to combating these nutjobs

Last edited:

Jordon's King is saying "it's ok to burn because the Christians 1,000 years ago did the crusades!"
Why doesn't Obama say exactly what Jordon's King said?
“Any man I see out there, I’m gonna kill him. Any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, I’m not only going to kill him, I’m going to kill his wife and all his friends and burn his damn house down.”

Neither Abdullah nor Obama said anything like that. Did you read the full statement? Or are you getting your juices flowing because SOMEONE just fed you one line and dishonestly manufactured a rant with it?

It was a great speech and needed to be said.

Christian extremists in this country are just a slightly watered down version of ISIS.

Christians tie people to fences and beat them to death, they assassinate doctors in churches, they blow up abortion clinics, they put bloody pictures of medical procedures up on billboards.

The American Taliban is as sick as ISIS - just slightly watered down because we have more wealth and comfort in this country.

If American Christians had to live a month in the poverty conditions in the middle east, you'd see Santorum and Huckabee setting gays and immigrants on fire.

Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum are the watered down version of the Westboro Church.

This post from a filthy, Jew hating, nutjob actually gets thanks from a Jew? Liberalism first...unbelievable... no matter how many times i see it, I'm still in disbelief

"And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ."

Both the crusades and the Inquisition happened in the 13th Century or earlier, many hundreds of years before the establishment of the United States.

"In our own country, slavery, Jim crow, so often was justified in the name of Christ," Obama continued. And he mentioned the collision of faiths in India.

"So it's not unique to one group or one religion. There is a tendency in us -- a sinful tendency -- that can pervert and distort our faith."

Why would he say this? smh

Godless statists killed more folks in the 20th century then all religions ever have.
But the Non Islamic islamists are trying to catch up fast....

I wish the Libertarians could come up with another code word other than statist(s). It's just getting old and tired now.

Don't let me interrupt a good insult-fest, but what the president is doing (this time) is smart.

We want the broader Muslim community to denounced these terrorists and to join in the fight against them. So he is making sure that the Muslim community knows we are not out to get them - only these street thugs. He is not saying anything to give these terrorists anymore status in their local communities. He is trying to marginalize the terrorists and drive a wedge between the terrorists and the broader Muslim community.

It's a smart thing to do.
no matter how many times you post factual evidence that ISIS is NOT Islam, the RW idiots refuse to accept it , and NO amount of pounding can get it through their THICK skulls.

end of story

That narrative of Hussein Obama ...that ISIS is not Islam simply can't cut the mustard.

It simply can not.

No matter how many times progressives, politically correct liberals shout from the rooftops and throw tantrums that ISIS is not Islam won't change an iota of the fact that ISIS is pure Islam.

how about this narrative, airhead?

How To Stop ISIS It Is Not Just Un-Islamic It Is Anti-Islamic

Every time we refer to ISIS as the “Islamic State,” call its members “jihadists” or in any way grant it the religious legitimacy that it so desperately seeks, we simultaneously boost its brand, tarnish the image of Islam and further marginalize the vast majority of Muslims who are disgusted by the group’s un-Islamic actions.

Islam prohibits the extremism exhibited by ISIS. An essential part of the faith is moderation.
We didn't name them ....Wtf genius

Well not in the clips being broadcast.......however.

"But we also see faith being twisted and distorted, used as a wedge -- or, worse, sometimes used as a weapon. From a school in Pakistan to the streets of Paris, we have seen violence and terror perpetrated by those who profess to stand up for faith, their faith, professed to stand up for Islam, but, in fact, are betraying it. We see ISIL, a brutal, vicious death cult that, in the name of religion, carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism --"

Don't let me interrupt a good insult-fest, but what the president is doing (this time) is smart.

We want the broader Muslim community to denounced these terrorists and to join in the fight against them. So he is making sure that the Muslim community knows we are not out to get them - only these street thugs. He is not saying anything to give these terrorists anymore status in their local communities. He is trying to marginalize the terrorists and drive a wedge between the terrorists and the broader Muslim community.

no matter how many times you post factual evidence that ISIS is NOT Islam, the RW idiots refuse to accept it , and NO amount of pounding can get it through their THICK skulls.

end of story

That narrative of Hussein Obama ...that ISIS is not Islam simply can't cut the mustard.

It simply can not.

No matter how many times progressives, politically correct liberals shout from the rooftops and throw tantrums that ISIS is not Islam won't change an iota of the fact that ISIS is pure Islam.

Every time we refer to ISIS as the “Islamic State,” call its members “jihadists” or in any way grant it the religious legitimacy that it so desperately seeks, we simultaneously boost its brand, tarnish the image of Islam and further marginalize the vast majority of Muslims who are disgusted by the group’s un-Islamic actions.

Islam prohibits the extremism exhibited by ISIS. An essential part of the faith is moderation.

"But we also see faith being twisted and distorted, used as a wedge -- or, worse, sometimes used as a weapon. From a school in Pakistan to the streets of Paris, we have seen violence and terror perpetrated by those who profess to stand up for faith, their faith, professed to stand up for Islam, but, in fact, are betraying it. We see ISIL, a brutal, vicious death cult that, in the name of religion, carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism --"

So they're not radical islamist? who knew? Maybe you should tell this guy he's not a muslim

muslimvictimhood.jpg

end of story

It simply can not.

So they're not radical islamist? who knew? Maybe you should tell this guy he's not a muslim

And more importantly - we need to convince Muslims that this guy is NOT Islam.
Challenge and refute his claim to religious authority, or religious status in his community.

It's the smart thing to do.

Last edited:
the problem with you liiberal apolosts

It simply can not.

It's not our job as non-mulsims to convince muslims of anything. that job that responsibility rest with muslims themselves.

It's not our job as non-mulsims to convince muslims of anything. that job that responsibility rest with muslims themselves.

I agree in that Muslims are going to be the most effective in defining for their communities what IS and what IS NOT conforming to Islam.

We just don't have to feed the thugs and feed their status with OUR rhetoric either.
It's stupid to do that.

And driving a wedge between Muslims and these street thugs is smart.

I agree in that Muslims are going to be the most effective in defining for their communities what IS and what IS NOT conforming to Islam.

We just don't have to feed the thugs and feed their status with OUR rhetoric either.
It's stupid to do that.

And driving a wedge between Muslims and these street thugs is smart.

Thats what SISI is doing....muslims could give a shit what Obama says about Christians :thup:

Obama Jr. doing nothing more than giving his base some talking points to use on the Internet. He has to help them think.

Obama Jr. doing nothing more than giving his base some talking points to use on the Internet. He has to help them think.

They don't think, they wait for talking points..i like the Obama Jr :up:

Forum List

Back