Obama: Muslim Americans Are Sporting Heroes – Are They?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
LINK: Obama: Muslim Americans Are Sporting Heroes – Are They?

"U.S. President Barack Obama tonight addressed lectured the American people about the San Bernardino attack, gun control, Islamic State (or rather ‘ISIL’ – still better than Daesh) and Muslim Americans."

"Muslim-Americans are our friends and our neighbors, our co- workers,
our sports heroes. And, yes, they are our men and women in uniform who are willing to die in defense of our country. We have to remember that."

---------------------------

Sports Heroes? REALLY?

"Okay, there was the embarrassingly-named Muhammed Ali (it’d be like me deciding I’m white and picking the name John Smith) and of course we’ve got convicted rapist and ear-biter Mike Tyson. But who else might Mr. Obama consider to be his “Muslim American” sporting heroes?"

1. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
In 1968, Abdul Jabbar – then named Lew Alcindor – boycotted the U.S. national Olympic basketball team. spoke in defence of Shariah Law, claiming: “None of the people that have that criticism of Shariah law have checked out the law because it’s not even for non-Muslims. Sharia law is for ruling an Islamic state” and in supporting Shariah, with all its violent and oppressive components. He said: “Shariah law is for Muslims. So if there is a Muslim majority state then it has to be run by sharia law”.
- Sharia Law is completely in conflict with our government, beliefs, ideals, what this nation was founded on. It is an 'either or' not an 'and'.

2. Mahmoud Abdul Rauf
in 1996, when he was asked why he never stood for the singing of the U.S. national anthem. He replied: that the American flag is a “symbol of oppression, of tyranny,” adding: “I’m a Muslim first and a Muslim last… My duty is to my creator, not to nationalistic ideology.”
- Yup, he's one of 'us', alright.

3. Dion Waiters
Refused to stand during the national anthem and explained why - "It’s because of my religion”.
- Nice

4. Husain Abdullah
He’s a practicing Muslim who did his faith’s equivalent of Tebowing. His agent threatened the NFL if they tried to do anything about it...the media, and the NFL, remained silent about Abdullah's recognition of his religion during HIS celebrations but 'demonized' Tebow for doing it. Husain also said, “If you’re a Muslim, you’re on our team”.
- I thought anyone on the Chiefs were his teammate?!

5. Oday Aboushi
Formerly of the New York Jets, now of the Houston Texans, Aboushi’s credentials were called into question by a blog by FrontpageMag, which alleged his praising of the controversial Islamic Relief organization. It seems Mr. Aboushi is also a rather big Anti-Semite, as his tweets which Frontpage called “extreme anti-Israelism”, were called into question.

"The list goes on – not for very long by the way. There’s a handful of active Muslim sports players in the United States, and as far as I can tell, a significant percentage of them have done or said things which call into question – to my mind at least – their dedication to the United States of America first."

Liberals love to tell us how much that not all Muslims are terrorists, that they are our FRIENDS, how they LOVE America, and that they put America 1st....except the evidence doesn't always support that. Maybe Obama needs to have one of his staff members do some research and find some Muslim athletes who have not demonstrated or made some anti-US acts / comments before declaring again that they are our 'heroes'.

The 1st responders on 9/11 were / are heroes. Pro-athletes are just talented guys making a lot of money.

Ali and Jabbar are two of the all time greats in sports

_42452281_ali12.jpg

kareem.jpg

Last edited:
There are far better role models than sport players. I'd rather my children look up to a Marcus Luttrell or Malala Yousafzai.

No beard? Do they pray 5 times a day, did they make the hajj? Do they eat halal diets?

Saying you're a Muslim, Christian, or Jew is the easiest thing in the world. Being a good example of one is another thing entirely.

Again...what the hell point is obama trying to make?
Does he think we're so stupid that we'll forgive the terrorism because a few camel jockeys are good at sports?

I doubt he's addressing the ineducable. You can change the channel.

Another dodge....why would he even bring up the bull shit up in the first place?
What does it have to do with terrorist? Sounds to me like he's trying to paint them in a better light.
A sophomoric attempt at best.

Does he think we're so stupid that we'll forgive the terrorism because a few camel jockeys are good at sports?

Another dodge....why would he even bring up the bull shit up in the first place?
What does it have to do with terrorist? Sounds to me like he's trying to paint them in a better light.
His concern, correctly so, is that by persecuting innocent muslims we may be helping radicalize some, and the gop is complicit in not calling out labeling all muslims as bad.

Of course he's been a day late on Isis from day one. And both parties have failed miserably in demanding that Saudi Arabia cease and desist in funding radicalization. We don't need their damn oil, and we can tell them it's us or Iran, and let them choose.

His concern, correctly so, is that by persecuting innocent muslims we may be helping radicalize some, and the gop is complicit in not calling out labeling all muslims as bad.

Of course he's been a day late on Isis from day one. And both parties have failed miserably in demanding that Saudi Arabia cease and desist in funding radicalization. We don't need their damn oil, and we can tell them it's us or Iran, and let them choose.

Obviously not all muslims are bad.
But hearing obama talk you get the impression that what he's saying about Ameicans who are concerned about the existing problems with the vetting process,add obamas obvious affinity for muslims and we have every reason to be suspicious of his motives.

But hearing obama talk you get the impression that what he's saying about Ameicans who are concerned about the existing problems with the vetting process,add obamas obvious affinity for muslims and we have every reason to be suspicious of his motives.
I don't see much difference between what he's saying and what W said post 9-11. And more American muslims have died defending America than have died attacking it.

However, so long as Isis, or something akin to it, exists, there will be calls to American muslims to radicalize. We have to destroy it, and not allow any terrorists to use oil (or drugs) to finance terror. On that he's been weaker than even the disaster of W.

I don't see much difference between what he's saying and what W said post 9-11. And more American muslims have died defending America than have died attacking it.

However, so long as Isis, or something akin to it, exists, there will be calls to American muslims to radicalize. We have to destroy it, and not allow any terrorists to use oil (or drugs) to finance terror. On that he's been weaker than even the disaster of W.

obama in noway resembles bush as far as muslims are concerned.
He said what we all believe. Not all muslims are bad.

Forum List

Back