🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

OBAMA ON BALTIMORE: REPUBLICAN CONGRESS WON’T INVEST IN URBAN COMMUNITIES

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Well of course. Mr Excuse maker Obama said so. Oh, and more from the Dems on how to 'fix things' LMAO.

This is all on the Dems and now they say there are solutions?

More government $$$ it is they say....

-Geaux
--------------

During his press conference today, President Obama addressed the violence in Baltimore, claiming his political agenda would help solve some of the problems found in impoverished urban communities, such as the one where the violence occurred.

“There’s a bunch of my agenda that would make difference right now in that,” he said, calling for more funding for early education, criminal justice reform and job training.

He explained Americans should not “just pay attention to these communities when a CVS burns,” but rather work together to tackle poverty around the nation.

Obama On Baltimore Republican Congress Won t Invest in Urban Communities - Breitbart

============

Democratic Leader Says Solution In Baltimore Is More Federal Spending

WASHINGTON — House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer defended Baltimore city officials’ reaction to the riots erupting in the city by asking for more federal tax dollars.

The Daily Caller asked Hoyer, a Maryland Democrat, if the city’s leadership had failed, since the West Baltimore area was still being rebuilt from the 1968 riots. Hoyer replied, “We have to invest in making sure that we have proper infrastructure and proper housing so that we have neighborhoods that are safe and that we safe conditions in which to live.”

“But I wouldn’t call it a failure, certainly, of Baltimore,” he added. “But we’re going to have to as a country invest if we’re going to have the kinds of communities we want.”

Steny Hoyer Baltimore Tax Dollars The Daily Caller

Well...

You have to include evidence proving him wrong to be making a point.

That's how this works, sparky.

How long has the D party controlled politics in many of America's largest cities and states?

Elijah Cummings has been the congressman for much of Baltimore for 20 years. What has he done to improve conditions there?

In reality, It is not a party issue or a money issue...of course....but BO is all about division and sadly many Americans are easily fooled.

CVS made an investment in the community and look what happened to them.

Obama has caused income stagnation....has been raising taxes...has diligently raised the costs of food and energy thus raising the cost of living.....and he has the nerve to accuse Republicans of not spending enough.

Rotten bastard!!!!

He knows that the poor have suffered under his policies more than anyone.

Well...

The way you think things should work are :eusa_boohoo:

Wheres the evidence which proves he's right.... Sparky?????....

-Geaux

As the religious used to say with some truth attached, 'idle hands are the devil's workshop.' Racism, outsourcing, and the lack of living wage jobs, a failure of our capitalistic system are at fault here. And as I noted in another post, you see this too in rural areas and small town America in the South and Midwest. One can point fingers wherever they like but the system since Reagan works only for the corporations and the wealthy, the haves have the have nots may one day rise up.

"Unemployment was 23 percent when FDR took office in 1933. It dropped to 2.5 percent by time the next Republican was in the White House in 1953. It climbed back to 6.5 percent by the end of the Eisenhower administration. It dropped to 3.5 percent by the time LBJ left office. It climbed over 5 percent shortly after Nixon took office, and stayed there for 27 years, until Clinton brought it down to 4.5 percent early in his second term.

That same period – especially from the late forties into the early seventies – was the "golden age" of the United States. We sent men to the moon. We built our Interstate Highway system. We ended segregation in the South and established Medicare. In those days, a single wage earner could support an entire family on his wages. I grew up then, and I will tell you that life was good – at least for the many Americans insulated from the tragedy in Vietnam, as I was." Defeat the Right in Three Minutes Conceptual Guerilla s Strategy And Tactics

Well...

Obama had carte Blanche to pass anything he wanted while he and his cronies ran things.
He only focused on a tax, not investing in urban areas

As the religious used to say with some truth attached, 'idle hands are the devil's workshop.' Racism, outsourcing, and the lack of living wage jobs, a failure of our capitalistic system are at fault here. And as I noted in another post, you see this too in rural areas and small town America in the South and Midwest. One can point fingers wherever they like but the system since Reagan works only for the corporations and the wealthy, the haves have the have nots may one day rise up.

"Unemployment was 23 percent when FDR took office in 1933. It dropped to 2.5 percent by time the next Republican was in the White House in 1953. It climbed back to 6.5 percent by the end of the Eisenhower administration. It dropped to 3.5 percent by the time LBJ left office. It climbed over 5 percent shortly after Nixon took office, and stayed there for 27 years, until Clinton brought it down to 4.5 percent early in his second term.

That same period – especially from the late forties into the early seventies – was the "golden age" of the United States. We sent men to the moon. We built our Interstate Highway system. We ended segregation in the South and established Medicare. In those days, a single wage earner could support an entire family on his wages. I grew up then, and I will tell you that life was good – at least for the many Americans insulated from the tragedy in Vietnam, as I was." Defeat the Right in Three Minutes Conceptual Guerilla s Strategy And Tactics
Well, you have your Democrat president.

Why isn't everything fixed?

He's had nearly 7 years to work on it?

Instead of raising the price of everything because of climate change...and bringing a couple million more poor foreigners in....why isn't he doing something about our people?

yeah yeah, it's NEVER those Democrats fault who RUN the cities.

snip:
Riot-Plagued Baltimore Is a Catastrophe Entirely of the Democratic Party’s Own Making
Kevin D. Williamson April 28, 2015 2:34 PM

A few weeks ago, there was an election in Ferguson, Mo., the result of which was to treble the number of African Americans on that unhappy suburb’s city council. This was greeted in some corners with optimism — now, at last, the city’s black residents would have a chance to see to securing their own interests.

This optimism flies in the face of evidence near — St. Louis — and far — Baltimore, Detroit, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco . . . St. Louis has not had a Republican mayor since the 1940s, and in its most recent elections for the board of aldermen there was no Republican in the majority of the contests; the city is overwhelmingly Democratic, effectively a single-party political monopoly from its schools to its police department

. Baltimore has seen two Republicans sit in the mayor’s office since the 1920s — and none since the 1960s. Like St. Louis, it is effectively a single-party political monopoly from its schools to its police department.

Philadelphia has not elected a Republican mayor since 1948. The last Republican to be elected mayor of Detroit was congratulated on his victory by President Eisenhower.

Atlanta, a city so corrupt that its public schools are organized as a criminal conspiracy against its children, last had a Republican mayor in the 19th century. Its municipal elections are officially nonpartisan, but the last Republican to run in Atlanta’s 13th congressional district did not manage to secure even 30 percent of the vote; Atlanta is effectively a single-party political monopoly from its schools to its police department.

Democratic-party monopolies, monopolies generally dominated by the so-called progressive wing of the party.

The results have been catastrophic, and not only in poor black cities such as Baltimore and Detroit. Money can paper over some of the defects of progressivism in rich, white cities such as Portland and San Francisco, but those are pretty awful places to be non-white and non-rich, too:

Blacks make up barely 9 percent of the population in San Francisco, but they represent 40 percent of those arrested for murder, and they are arrested for drug offenses at ten times their share of the population.

Criminals make their own choices, sure, but you want to take a look at the racial disparity in educational outcomes and tell me that those low-income nine-year-olds in Wisconsin just need to buck up and bootstrap it?

Black urban communities face institutional failure across the board every day. There are people who should be made to answer for that: What has Martin O’Malley to say for himself? What can Ed Rendell say for himself other than that he secured a great deal of investment for the richest square mile in Philadelphia? What has Nancy Pelosi done about the radical racial divide in San Francisco?

ALL of it here
Read more at: Riot-Plagued Baltimore Is a Catastrophe Entirely of the Democratic Party s Own Making National Review Online

Forum List

Back