Obama outlaws more light bulbs on his way out the door

The Department of Energy (DOE) outlawed more light bulbs Thursday in a final regulatory surge from the outgoing Obama administration.

President Barack Obama’s DOE expanded the class of bulbs covered by a 2007 light bulb ban to include bug lights, three-way bulbs, “rough service lamps,” and some decorative bulbs, such as globe-shaped bulbs. Bulbs that had previously been exempt from the ban are now included in the new regulation.....................

The law doesn’t go into effect for another three years
Obama Outlaws More Light Bulbs On His Way Out The Door
------------------------------------------------

but you can bet Obama will have every light on in his house, and have an electric bill higher than what someone makes in six months

So, trying to make things better is bad?
Apparently, your dim bulb has at last burnt out. And Trump said, "let there be light!"

Apparently your "argument" is just an insult.
Just stating the facts.

The Department of Energy (DOE) outlawed more light bulbs Thursday in a final regulatory surge from the outgoing Obama administration.

President Barack Obama’s DOE expanded the class of bulbs covered by a 2007 light bulb ban to include bug lights, three-way bulbs, “rough service lamps,” and some decorative bulbs, such as globe-shaped bulbs. Bulbs that had previously been exempt from the ban are now included in the new regulation.....................

but you can bet Obama will have every light on in his house, and have an electric bill higher than what someone makes in six months

Apparently, your dim bulb has at last burnt out. And Trump said, "let there be light!"

Just stating the facts.

Oh fuck off with the old bully tactic of "just stating facts that you're a fucking fat bitch, bitch". It might work on those of the lower intelligence levels, but if you want to try that shit, fuck off and get put on the ignore list.

Just stating the facts.

Oh fuck off with the old bully tactic of "just stating facts that you're a fucking fat bitch, bitch". It might work on those of the lower intelligence levels, but if you want to try that shit, fuck off and get put on the ignore list.

When you don't like the facts, cry "bully". However, it is the facts. Fact is, you got nothing. So, please, put me on your vapid limp ignore list. It's for cry babies anyway.

Just stating the facts.

When you don't like the facts, cry "bully". However, it is the facts. Fact is, you got nothing. So, please, put me on your vapid limp ignore list. It's for cry babies anyway.

Bye.

Outlawing taste is a bad thing. Democrats are the league of morons.
Anyone who wants to remain ignorant, go ahead. But Democrats legislate everyone into their democrat ignorance.

Democrats are the league of extraordinary morons.
Compared to assholes like you that believe that we can solve global warming by eliminating any reference to it? LOL

What is there to "solve" about global warming? The Earth has been warming up naturally since the last ice age. There have been periods in Earth's history where the climate has been much warmer than it is now, to the point where there were no polar ice caps.

I'm a firm believer in "if it's a good thing, consumers will do it on their own." I'd probably swap to LED in /most/ of my fixtures, just because the 6000k LEDs are great, even better the RGBCW's that let me alter the color of the bulb based on mood or whatever. Switching to LED "Christmas" lights (individually addressable LEDs) is awesome, with my DMX15 setup and can customize the heck out of my house lighting to do shit like this:

[ Can do any color, pattern, and style I want (I could even screen shot images and have my house make a picture or video if I had a matrix - seriously considering making a matrix to act as my address sign and hang in the trees cause my post sign I have keeps getting buried by the snowplow, also seriously considering an LED matrix instead of installing a flag pole.) ] LED's are an awesome idea that folks are going to naturally switch over to simply for the features and color tones. A 6000k LED is /way/ cheaper than a "daylight" filament, and when you start putting in things like Bluetooth color customization on each bulb, you're going to get peoples attention, and money heh

The bigger thing though is that the point was to save energy, if it were doing that, then usage should be going down, but seriously I saw almost no change in my bill...

1) It's not legislation, it's rule by decree.

2) It's not the business of government, your inconsequential opinion of who cares and/or who is impacted is irrelevant
I agree with this, but I also switched over to all LED YEARS ago. I will never buy another incandescent -- stupidly inefficient in the 21st century.
Taste is obviously inherent.

Anyone who wants to remain ignorant, go ahead. But Democrats legislate everyone into their democrat ignorance.

Do you not think that legislating to reduce waste, when in reality it has no impact on someone's life, that it's not a good thing?

In 10 years time how many people will care that they can't get a particular light bulb and they have to buy a different one? No one, that's who.

They're not outlawing taste at all.

As for your insults, wow, really intelligent dude.
Just because you and your tasteless, ignorant ilk have no eye doesn't mean you have the moral authority to impose your tasteless ignorance onto everyone.

What the hell are you talking about taste and having an eye for something for?

You're making attacks, and I have no idea why. I mean I could easily guess, and in most cases people attack because they don't have the ability to make a good argument, would I be right?
Ambience. Lighting, visuals. It requires an eye to appreciate. Outlawing taste in the name of a fascist agenda. It would be like legislating all black and white movies to be colorized. No problem with people who can't comprehend the difference. That's their own personal issue. But forcing that ignorance on those who can recognize the difference is nothing short of fascism.

Do you not think that legislating to reduce waste, when in reality it has no impact on someone's life, that it's not a good thing?

In 10 years time how many people will care that they can't get a particular light bulb and they have to buy a different one? No one, that's who.

Even though it sounds stupid outlawing a light bulb, the importance lies where most don't understand or have no idea about.
1. by taking these bulbs away which are affordable to mostly everyone at this point. It begins to force people into having to buy the alleged gov. approved light bulbs it begins to move people into more expensive type bulbs it create a money market for certain corporations because people are forced to buy them now.

or compare it to Organic foods, if we were forced to buy organic food because we had no choice it would not benefit the people but the Organic food industy.

Are you having problems buying light bulbs?

The reality is when I was a kid a light bulb was a light bulb and it lost its ability to work after a short while. Now we have these energy saving bulbs and I save money in the long term. I've been living in this place for 2 years now and I haven't changed the energy saving bulbs once. I've had to replace the normal ones, and replaced them with energy saving ones.
That's all fine for practical reasons but some people like to generate an ambience. Whatever happened to pro-choice?

Democrats are the league of extraordinary morons.
Compared to assholes like you that believe that we can solve global warming by eliminating any reference to it? LOL

What is there to "solve" about global warming? The Earth has been warming up naturally since the last ice age. There have been periods in Earth's history where the climate has been much warmer than it is now, to the point where there were no polar ice caps.

The thing is, we're not talking about NATURAL warming or cooling here. We're talking about something artificial which we think we can control, but we can't.

Even though it sounds stupid outlawing a light bulb, the importance lies where most don't understand or have no idea about.
1. by taking these bulbs away which are affordable to mostly everyone at this point. It begins to force people into having to buy the alleged gov. approved light bulbs it begins to move people into more expensive type bulbs it create a money market for certain corporations because people are forced to buy them now.

or compare it to Organic foods, if we were forced to buy organic food because we had no choice it would not benefit the people but the Organic food industy.

The reality is when I was a kid a light bulb was a light bulb and it lost its ability to work after a short while. Now we have these energy saving bulbs and I save money in the long term. I've been living in this place for 2 years now and I haven't changed the energy saving bulbs once. I've had to replace the normal ones, and replaced them with energy saving ones.
That's all fine for practical reasons but some people like to generate an ambience. Whatever happened to pro-choice?

And who is saying they can't generate an ambience? They're not banning all light bulbs in the world. You can buy more efficient light bulbs that do the same thing you know.

Pro-choice doesn't mean you can choose EVERYTHING.

Just because you and your tasteless, ignorant ilk have no eye doesn't mean you have the moral authority to impose your tasteless ignorance onto everyone.

You're making attacks, and I have no idea why. I mean I could easily guess, and in most cases people attack because they don't have the ability to make a good argument, would I be right?
Ambience. Lighting, visuals. It requires an eye to appreciate. Outlawing taste in the name of a fascist agenda. It would be like legislating all black and white movies to be colorized. No problem with people who can't comprehend the difference. That's their own personal issue. But forcing that ignorance on those who can recognize the difference is nothing short of fascism.

Again, the choice of having certain types of lighting is still there. Why you think that has gone away, I have NO idea.

I wonder how many turds he left under the furniture and behind doors?

Nah! They made Joe Biden leave, along with all of the other libs.

Leave it conservatives to be stuck on their ignorance. Most developed and even some third world countries have phased out light bulbs that are harmful to the environment.

Energy saving light bulbs cost slightly more but last longer than incandescent light bulbs. You actually save money in the long run.

Slightly more????????????

I paid $11.00 for a 150 watt light bulb last week!

That's ONE bulb!

Trump can undo that with an EO.

Hey, people even got used to Auschwitz after living there a few months.

Imposing your idea of "better" on others is called "tyranny."

And who is saying they can't generate an ambience? They're not banning all light bulbs in the world. You can buy more efficient light bulbs that do the same thing you know.

Pro-choice doesn't mean you can choose EVERYTHING.
Nope, incandescents aren't duplicated by fluorescent or led. Many people can't tell the difference. No biggie. It's their own personal ignorance. But when they impose that ignorance onto others, that's fascism.

Again, the choice of having certain types of lighting is still there. Why you think that has gone away, I have NO idea.
It is NOT there. That's what the thread is about. Obama imposing more fascism. I light my yard in warm weather months that with GE bug lights. They create a hue that isn't duplicated. If you can't tell the difference, I don't care. But I can and when I'm denied that choice, that freedom, it needs to be pointed out for the fascism it is.

Forum List

Back