Obama Politicizes Grandmother

The guy takes a comple of days to visit his ailing grandmother and gets criticized for it.

Only in America!

Obama's on national TV riffing about Grandma and the NY Times is drooling over Palin's wardrobe yet not one mention of Biden's guarantee of an international crisis. I would hope even Obama supporters would see something wrong with that picture. Welcome to your Brave New World. Like moths to the flame.

You are a moron.

Obama leaves trail for ill grandmother - Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com

The campaign has been sparing in its details about Dunham, who played a major role in raising her grandson. Obama, whose parents have passed away, hasn’t brought up Dunham’s illness on the trail, except when asked about it.

The campaign had initially planned to take only a small pool of reporters, who would file reports to the rest of the press corps. But some members of the media objected, saying the proximity of the trip to Election Day and the inability to get to Hawaii quickly if news broke warranted opening the campaign plane to the entire press corps. The campaign agreed

Satisfied now?

If Obama's Grandma is deathly ill and he wants to see her before she passes away (as he states in his network interview) why did he wait 4-5 days to go see her? Why wasn't he on the first plane to Hawaii?

If this is true this confirms it for me. Obama is the ultimate sleeze bag.

From Drudge:

OBAMA INTERVIEW: LETS TALK ABOUT GRANDMOTHER'S HEALTH
Wed Oct 22 2008 18:09:23 ET

CBS EARLY SHOW co-anchor Harry Smith conducted an exclusive interview with Sen. Barack Obama earlier today in Richmond, Va. Among other topics, the senator told Smith why it’s so important for him to take a break from his campaign to see his grandmother. “My grandmother's the last one left,” Obama told Smith. The senator added, “She has really been the rock of the family, the foundation of the family.” Obama didn’t get to his mother before she died. “Yeah, got there too late,” he says. “You know, I mean, it was sort of like this, in the sense that she had a terminal illness. We knew she wasn't doing well, but you know, the diagnosis was such that we thought we had a little more time and we didn't. And so I want to make sure that I don't make the same mistake twice.”

OBAMA SAYS HE DOESN’T WANT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER THAT HE MADE WITH HIS DYING MOTHER – IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW ON “THE EARLY SHOW” ON OCT. 23 ON CBS

Developing...

He traveled to see his mother when she was dying and did not make it in time.

You are a completely dispicable person.

I don't care much for Joe Biden, but you gotta admit he handled his son's deployment and his MIL's illness with more class than Obama has handled this. Weird, but for once Obama should take a page from Biden's book and shut up.

Hey nice shorts,

What is it that makes you dislike Biden?

If Obama's Grandma is deathly ill and he wants to see her before she passes away (as he states in his network interview) why did he wait 4-5 days to go see her? Why wasn't he on the first plane to Hawaii?

Because shes been ill for a while, and it recently got worse. Its not like shes going to die tomorrow, but it is like she might die in the next few weeks.

Jesus Christ your sick.

Because shes been ill for a while, and it recently got worse. Its not like shes going to die tomorrow, but it is like she might die in the next few weeks.

Jesus Christ your sick.

False.

According to news reports last week she fell and broke her hip and it was feared she had a heart attack. Obama's sister called and asked Obama to come.

What did Obama do?

Make an announcement that he would "dash" to her side in 4-5 days.

The word "dash" is the one used in all the news reports.

If she was gravely ill he should have gotten on a plane straight away otherwise his logic that he wants to see her before she dies doesn't make any sense.

Unless of course you're trying to create a PR story that will last 5+ days.

I have nothing but pure contempt for a man that not once but now twice has dragged his grandmother into a political debate.

Obama has no class whatsoever.

Last edited:
says someone who's got tons of class...

all of it low. ;)

I see you don't dispute the basic premise of my post: That if grandma was really gravelly ill then the right thing to do was to leave right away otherwise it is patently obvious this is a cheap political stunt.

Who wants to bet his grandmother is just fine and will still be alive and ticking come election time.

Comrade Hussein may be playing the sympathy card. Hope not. He's already played the race card to death. Maybe he's expanding his deck.

Who wants to bet his grandmother is just fine and will still be alive and ticking come election time.

Comrade Hussein may be playing the sympathy card. Hope not. He's already played the race card to death. Maybe he's expanding his deck.

There is no question he is playig the sympathy card otherwise he'd have been on a plane last week after his sister called him.

The man is a scoundrel.

False.

According to news reports last week she fell and broke her hip and it was feared she had a heart attack. Obama's sister called and asked Obama to come.

What did Obama do?

Make an announcement that he would "dash" to her side in 4-5 days.

The word "dash" is the one used in all the news reports.

If she was gravely ill he should have gotten on a plane straight away otherwise his logic that he wants to see her before she dies doesn't make any sense.

Unless of course you're trying to create a PR story that will last 5+ days.

I have nothing but pure contempt for a man that not once but now twice has dragged his grandmother into a political debate.

Obama has no class whatsoever.

Don't blame him for how it was reported. Hes been trying to avoid the topic, but he HAS to announce it. There isn't any evidence that shes going to die in the next few days.

Sorry, but he doesn't need to justify his decisions to see his grandmother to you.

There is no question he is playig the sympathy card otherwise he'd have been on a plane last week after his sister called him.

The man is a scoundrel.

Sympathy vote? He is routing McCain, he doesn't need to try any stunts.

You guys are fucking sick.

I owe you an apology. When I first read this thread I thought you were being a bit hard on Obama for announcing his departure to the press before he went to visit his ailing grandma. Sure, I agreed with you about his media blitz about it, but I sort of thought you were ..... harsh.

Then I listened to Rush today and I realized I had been thinking all along that Obama has already been to see the lady. Noooooooooooo HE HASN'T EVEN LEFT YET!

So, you're right. It's TOTALLY political when he announces THREE DAYS before he "rushes" to the side of his gravely ill grandma. Anyone who has gotten that call in real life knows that you don't say "Hey, y'all my loved one dying as we speak. I'm out of here IN THREE DAYS. Until then I will talk incessantly about this so that you fully understand it." You say, "Hey, y'all my loved one is dying as we speak. Bye!"

This stinks to high heaven.

Mea Culpa.

Forum List

Back