Obama proposes another 2 billion dollar scam to fleece the American taxpayer

• Banned
Snip

Obama first raised the idea in*February’s State of the Union address, but Friday he put a price tag and more concrete details behind the proposal. The fund would support research into what the White House calls “cost-effective technologies,”

Gee, where have we heard this before?

Congress better block this shit. The man simply can't be trusted with a "fund" that he has discretion over.

Snip

Obama first raised the idea in*February’s State of the Union address, but Friday he put a price tag and more concrete details behind the proposal. The fund would support research into what the White House calls “cost-effective technologies,”

Gee, where have we heard this before?

Congress better block this shit. The man simply can't be trusted with a "fund" that he has discretion over.

Yeah, private businesses never consider cost when they offer a product or service on the market.

If anything tells you what a true idiot Obama is about business and the market, that's it.

• Banned
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for investing in the future.

I JUST DONT TRUST OBAMA to not blow our money by giving it to his friends again.

Obama effectively set back our energy independence possibiliries by laundering our tax dollars the first time he pulled this shit.

The natural gas industry doesn't need government dollars- not the dollars Obama is proposing. "Reseach" isn't needed on the NGV front. Industry has done that already with private dollars.

Here's a 68 page PDF "U.S. and Canadian Natural Gas Vehicle Market Analysis: Compressed Natural
Gas Infrastructure - Final Report"

http://www.ngvc.org/pdfs/Anga_Infrastructure_CNG_Full.pdf

With respect to Government involvement, it offers this...

The opportunities and actions for government involve policies and incentives that help create long-term market benefits for natural gas as a transportation fuel.

"Policies and incentives" - not research dollars.

Obama is blatanly portraying himself as a "friend" of natural gas when nothing could be further from the truth. His budget contains tens of billions of dollars in taxes on that industry. He intends to pull the rug out from under natural gas development through taxation, and vast tracts of public lands continue to be off-limits to exploration - onshore and offshore.

He's a fucking two-faced liar.

Speaking of State of the Union speeches...

from 2012:

"We have subsidized oil companies for a century. That's long enough. It's time to end the taxpayer giveaways to an industry that's rarely been more profitable..."

Full transcript: Obama's 2012 State of the Union Address ? USATODAY.com

Both oil and natural gas "subsidies" are identical and practically indestinguishable.

Who in the fuck does he think he's kidding?

• Banned
So, on one hand Obama touts "giving" research dollars to a natural gas industry that doesn't need them (they themselves invest billions of private dollars in research), and on the other hand says it's time to "end the taxpayer giveaways".

This guy is seriously off his rocker.

He can say or do anything and get away with it. His supporters are suffering from a love hangover, they are among the stupidest people in American history. What am I saying? They ARE the stupidest people in American history.

Obama throws scratch at the natural gas consortiium. Film at 11.

That fuck of a President dares to mention natural gas?

The same natural gas that he threatens with tens of billions of $ in taxes?

He's transparent allright. I can see right through this fucker.

I'm good with the research, and also good with eliminating subsidies; but why don't we eliminate every stinkin' subsidy on the books and force companies to make it on their own. Adn BTW, how about we take 2 billion out of the "investments" we're making on the Solyndras of the world. When did the US Gov't get into the role of bankrolling private companies?

I'm good with the research, and also good with eliminating subsidies; but why don't we eliminate every stinkin' subsidy on the books and force companies to make it on their own. Adn BTW, how about we take 2 billion out of the "investments" we're making on the Solyndras of the world. When did the US Gov't get into the role of bankrolling private companies?

Good question.

Good question.

"Subsidies"?

Good question.

"Subsidies"?

Control

There are no oil and gas subsidies. That's nonsense. What they describe are normal rules for accounting that other businesses also engage in, with some specifically tailored to the special circumstances of oil/gas. Does anyone really think the ability to change from LIFO to FIFO and back is a subsidy?

Second, as Romney said presciently: Obama wants to pick winners and losers but he always ends up picking the losers. Gov't shouldnt be funding any research outside of what it needs for its own business.

Thid, Obama is a big enemy of carbon fuels. But of course since that is the one bright spot of the economy that he hasnt managed to fuck up yet he wants to get his claws into it. No one gives money for free.

Forum List

Back