Obama regime wins back right to indefinitely detain you

Then why did the government insist on having it? They are arguing in court for it.Oh and if he didn't want it he shouldn't have signed the bill.

Not authorize funding the military?

Are you serious?

And why does government insist on having it?

Several reasons:
-It's an "easy" way to deal with people you construe as "terrorists" in that the threat of lifetime imprisonment with no redress might be a means of making them talk.
-It severely hampers audits.
-It's an end run around the Constitution.

• Banned
Then why did the government insist on having it? They are arguing in court for it.Oh and if he didn't want it he shouldn't have signed the bill.

Are you serious?

Several reasons:
-It's an "easy" way to deal with people you construe as "terrorists" in that the threat of lifetime imprisonment with no redress might be a means of making them talk.
Military could have been funded...I am not 100% sure but doesn't president have option of vetoing certain parts of it? Or at the very least sending it back to congress saying he will sign it when that is taken out of it. Military could use a good trim down.

Are you serious?

Several reasons:
Military could have been funded...I am not 100% sure but doesn't president have option of vetoing certain parts of it? Or at the very least sending it back to congress saying he will sign it when that is taken out of it. Military could use a good trim down.

Nope.

Reagan tried to get in something called a "Line Item Veto" which wasn't a bad idea. It got shot down.

And I agree about the Military trim down in terms of hardware..not benefits for the troops.

Ah..well that just sucks...sometimes ya get bills that are for the most part good but in some cases have lousy parts...No not benefits to the troops they fought for those benefits they deserve them...I don't trust government with this kind of power...that's scary.

:lol:

Oh man..you guys are rich.

That's the clause of the NDAA, Obama actually objected too.

he objected to it so much that he signed the bill anyway instead of sending it back for revision. Then when challenged on those provisions of the law, he fought in court to keep them.

You're such a gullible useful idiot, bro.

Ah..well that just sucks...sometimes ya get bills that are for the most part good but in some cases have lousy parts...No not benefits to the troops they fought for those benefits they deserve them...I don't trust government with this kind of power...that's scary.

Absolutely.

It's unreal.

he objected to it so much that he signed the bill anyway instead of sending it back for revision. Then when challenged on those provisions of the law, he fought in court to keep them.

Not sure what you expected to happen.

The Republicans were playing both "poison pill" and "the Bush administration was right", with a little "Obama is trying to destroy the military" put in the mix for good measure.

How do you think any President you supported would have handled it?

He objected to it so much he signed it on New Years eve when nobody was watching.

Your black God is a liar and it sickens me that people like you will protect him at any cost. Which proves that you're so partisan that you'll overlook almost anything which also demonstrates that you have few American values. But as long as your filthy social agenda, and WWIII are attained I suppose you're fine with that.

He objected to it so much he signed it on New Years eve when nobody was watching.

Your black God is a liar and it sickens me that people like you will protect him at any cost. Which proves that you're so partisan that you'll overlook almost anything which also demonstrates that you have few American values. But as long as your filthy social agenda, and WWIII are attained I suppose you're fine with that.

Oh yeah?

My dog's bigger than your dog.

Deal.

:cool:

Not sure what you expected to happen.

The Republicans were playing both "poison pill" and "the Bush administration was right", with a little "Obama is trying to destroy the military" put in the mix for good measure.

How do you think any President you supported would have handled it?

Excuses, excuses.

If he didn't support those provisions, he would have allowed them to die instead of fighting it in court. He wanted those provisions in there, for whatever reason. He told a nice lie about it to his loyal followers so you could come back to the topic with the excuses.

He signed it. He fought for them and regardless of what bullshit passed his lying lips, he owns those provisions. Regardless of republican this, republican that.

It's just pathetic that you try to excuse and justify in order to avoid having to accept the obvious.

Nice way to dodge the debate, but you just proved my point. Thanks Yankee. That was for the liberal shill from New Yawk.

I am not worried about 0bama's right to detain me. I am worried about 0bama's right to order a hit on me without due process of law.

I am not worried about 0bama's right to detain me. I am worried about 0bama's right to order a hit on me without due process of law.

Same thing. This allows him to send goons to your home, hall you off without any due process and detain you indefinitely without charge and without trial. They do not even have to explain anything to you.

This is the neat homefront version of sending a missile to destroy you and a few civilians so it doesn't hit anyone's radar. I'd prefer he have to assassinate me via a drone strike so at least there is evidence beyond having my loved ones explaining to some bottom barrel internet blogger that I was taken away inthe middle of the night without charge where no one will see or give a shit besides what most consider "the kooks".

Forum List

Back