Obama sent condolence letters to dead Seals families signed with an electric pen

I'm not outraged at all. I don't respect President Obama whatsoever. It's the parents of these soldiers that are outrage.

Go dump on them.

Here's the key to the story:

After the deadliest single loss of US forces in Afghanistan, Barack Obama sent out form letters to the parents.

You're the one who started this thread so you own it. Previous posts to the above indicate you agree with the parents.

Just because we point out what a dumb-arsed thread it is and nothing but pathetic partisan hackery linked from a neo-con whackjob, Obama-hating site, there is no need to get defensive..:cool:

Get back to me on dumb arsed threads after you've sifted thru all the "Romney is a poopy head" and "ok I got more evidence Romney is a poopy head" and "no guff honest Romney is a poopy head" threads.

:lol:

Well this is a shocking claim. That's some caring Commander in Chief.

Obama Honored Fallen SEALs By Sending Their Parents a Form Letter Signed By Electric Pen
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 10:31 AM

On August 6, 2011, 30 US service members were killed when a CH-47 Chinook helicopter they were being transported in crashed in Wardak province, Afghanistan.

It was the deadliest single loss for U.S. forces in the decade-long war in Afghanistan. 17 members of the elite Navy SEALs were killed in the crash.

Yesterday, Karen and Billy Vaughn, parents of Aaron Carson Vaughn, spoke at the Defending the Defenders forum sponsored by the Tea Party Patriots outside the RNC Convention in Tampa. Karen brought a copy of the form letter they were sent following their son’s death.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

It was signed by an electric pen.

That’s not all.
Karen Vaughn reached out to the parents of the other SEALs killed in that crash.
Their letters were all the same.
Form letters – signed by an electric pen.

letter-2-e1346254203876.jpg

Here's the link:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/

Who gives a fuck?
I DO.. If my spouse died in combat I would think OUR president would give a small amount of time to sign his DAMN name. I mean he has time to GOLF and Vacation doesnt he ..

Here's the crux of this matter in particular. It was the biggest loss of life in Afghanistan for the US forces. 30 dead. 17 Seals. Not that every soldier doesn't count. Don't get me wrong, but this was an extraordinary event.

It was the deadliest single loss for U.S. forces in the decade-long war in Afghanistan. 17 members of the elite Navy SEALs were killed in the crash.

My father was a veteran of the WWII, so we got a letter from LBJ when dad died in 1967.
There were probably hundreds of such letters being mailed every day during Johnson's term, so it's understandable if it's an automated signature.

But this... is unconscionable.

Rummy was in deep when it was discovered he wasn't signing all the letters. He had to issue an apology.

GW signed all of them personally.

Here's part of Rumsfeld's apology.

“At the earliest moment in the global war on terror, I determined that it is important that military families who have lost loved ones in hostile actions receive a letter from me directly.

“I wrote and approved the now more than 1000 letters sent to family members and next of kin of each of the servicemen and women killed in military action. While I have not individually signed each one, in the interest of ensuring expeditious contact with grieving family members, I have directed that in the future I sign each letter.

“I am deeply grateful for the many letters I have received from the families of those who have been killed in the service of our country, and I recognize and honor their personal loss.”

Rumsfeld to personally sign all condolence letters - News - Stripes

I'm not buying the phony sentiments. They both shed a crocodile tear - like disgusting Boehner who can't do his job but he can sure cry on demand - but neither hesitated to send more to their deaths - for NOTHING.

If they really "honored" our military, they would have not have gone into Iraq and Afghanistan.

You rw's hate Obama but he has cut the number being killed. He has handled the war on terror with 21st century weapons instead of sending thousands more to be killed.

How many did bush get killed in order to "get" bin Laden? The damn fool invaded the wrong friggin country!

You don't want to give credit to Obama but that does not change facts - He is responsible for getting bin Laden, Gaddafi, hundreds of other Taliban and al-Queda and their leaders.

Obama has made our borders so much more secure. No successful terrorist attacks but several caught and stopped at the border. Very few Mexicans coming across illegally now. More deportees than any other president.

Very little money spent and very few lives lost.

But, you fools want to go back to huge military spending, more wars, more deficit and somehow you think everything is going to be fixed by lowering the taxes on the 1% and raising our taxes.

You're willing to end this period of lower taxes, cutting the deficit (YES, that's right, look it up cuz I'm sick of posting it for you to ignore), you want to hand over our defense to a lazy and ignorant draft dodger and a hawk whose only knowledge of foreign affairs is, in his own words, that he voted to send our people to get killed.

Luddly, just when and where did YOU ever serve? Have you ever had the responsibility of leading men in battle, KNOWING some of them would die? Well I have, and unlike your hero Obama, I understand the consequences of orders, because I have seen them and had to live with them, and I can tell you that if it were me sitting behind that desk, I would MAKE the time to sign each and every damn one of those letters, PERSONALLY! That is the least a commander at any level can do. Yes, it matters; it matters, a lot.

Obama Honored Fallen SEALs By Sending Their Parents a Form Letter Signed By Electric Pen

On August 6, 2011, 30 US service members were killed when a CH-47 Chinook helicopter they were being transported in crashed in Wardak province, Afghanistan.

Yesterday, Karen and Billy Vaughn, parents of Aaron Carson Vaughn, spoke at the Defending the Defenders forum sponsored by the Tea Party Patriots outside the RNC Convention in Tampa. Karen brought a copy of the form letter they were sent following their son’s death.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.
Karen Vaughn reached out to the parents of the other SEALs killed in that crash.

Here's the link with more of the form letters shown.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...parents-a-form-letter-signed-by-electric-pen/
Did Bush, Jr. even do that?

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

Here's the link:

Who gives a fuck?

Really? Explain to the rest of us why people gave a fuck in 2004 when Donald Rumsfeld did the exact same thing... Hypocrites indeed.
Lawmakers chide Rumsfeld for auto-signed sympathy letters
Signature row turns up heat on Rumsfeld | World news | The Guardian
Rumsfeld under fire for auto-signed sympathy letters - World - NZ Herald News

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

YES, HE DID! Bush signed ALL the condolence letters he sent (and he should have).

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

YES, HE DID! Bush signed ALL the condolence letters he sent (and he should have).

Yea__ but with a jpeg, he doesn't even have to think about their sacrifice. He can just make sure one of his butt boys handles it.

I'm not outraged at all. I don't respect President Obama whatsoever. It's the parents of these soldiers that are outrage.

Go dump on them.

Here's the key to the story:

After the deadliest single loss of US forces in Afghanistan, Barack Obama sent out form letters to the parents.

You're the one who started this thread so you own it. Previous posts to the above indicate you agree with the parents.

Just because we point out what a dumb-arsed thread it is and nothing but pathetic partisan hackery linked from a neo-con whackjob, Obama-hating site, there is no need to get defensive..:cool:

Get back to me on dumb arsed threads after you've sifted thru all the "Romney is a poopy head" and "ok I got more evidence Romney is a poopy head" and "no guff honest Romney is a poopy head" threads.

:lol:

I don't peruse those dumb arse threads.....

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

What took so long for the responce obumer?????

Must have conflicted with vacation, at taxpayers expense and/or was infringing on his rounds of golf.

Did barry soetoro ever console/make a presence with Joeplen, Mo after the devistating tornados?????????????

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

I can't understand people that use their dead children as political tools. I pity them.

My father was a veteran of the WWII, so we got a letter from LBJ when dad died in 1967.
There were probably hundreds of such letters being mailed every day during Johnson's term, so it's understandable if it's an automated signature.

I agree. He should have personally signed these 30 letters.

You have missed the point which can happen when you allow your own personal partisanship to overrule your common sense.

If this were 4 years ago, and msnbc was taking advantage of grieving parents by blasting Bush for not personally signing the condolence letter, I highly doubt you would be helping carry the torches and pitchforks.

I doubt Bush, or any president prior to him for that fact, would have done something so inconsiderate.

The same guy who joked about not finding any WMD after sending thousands of Americans to their death searching for them?

Nigga, please.

Bet it contained a card telling you how to send any donations in the name of the SEAL to his campaign instead.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

Here's the link:

Who gives a fuck?

I doubt most would expect obummer like progressives to care or understand.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

I can't understand people that use their dead children as political tools. I pity them.

Cindy Sheehan turned it into a career.

It’s a form letter.

letter-one

That’s not all.

Cindy Sheehan turned it into a career.
She also earned my pity.

I agree. He should have personally signed these 30 letters.

I put this up earlier. But it bears repeating. Obama could take the time to send a personal letter of condolence to the family of a dead rapper.

No problemo. That's nice. But he didn't send a letter of condolence to the family of slain border guard Brian Terry.

Barack Obama sent a personal letter of condolence to late rapper Heavy D's funeral, which was read at the service by none other than the Rev. Al Sharpton.

"We extend our heartfelt condolences at this difficult time. He will be remembered for his infectious optimism and many contributions to American music. Please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers," read the Obama note.

Here's the killer part of the article:

It's just very telling and extremely disrespectful that he couldn't find it in himself to do the same for the family of slain border agent Brian Terry, who died serving this country in a most honorable manner.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time he has exposed his complete lack of respect for those serving our country. Who can forget the time when Obama decided to give a shout out to a Dr. Joe Medicine Crow at a Tribal Nations conference before he addressed the tragic shootings at Ft. Hood. Or even his "corpse-man" gaffe for that manner.

Read more: Blog: President sends letter of condolence to rapper's funeral

Forum List

Back