Obama steps in it again

No, I know he is planning another vacation to Martha's Vinyard, and I am certain he plans to use AF1 to make the trip --- and I know that he is trying to make the sequester as media obnoxious as possible.

My question is --- do you think the GOP would oppose him if he said "I want to skip my vacation and use the tax payers money to avoid furlows rather than spending money to take AF1 on a joyride."

The sequester law is already in effect. The GOP can't do anything about that other than passing a bi-partisan spending bill, which clearly isn't going to happen.

So it doesn't matter if the GOP would "oppose" him or not, it wouldn't change anything.

You guys don't seem to understand how the sequester works.

Dude you are nuts!!

If the senate passed a bill allowing O to take money from discressionary (of any type) funds and use them to avoid furlows - it would go to the House where the GOP run house could then approve the measure.

Obama could have THAT deal done TOMORROW!!!

Spending bills must originate in the House.

And again - you don't seem to be understanding the sequester.

Obama didn't "chose" to furlough anyone - the heads of the various programs being cut are the ones who make those decisions. Obama has NO control over where the cuts happen - nor does he have control of any "discretionary funding" that he could "give" the Republicans.

The President does not have direct control of ANY spending. This is basic civics.

Or are you suggesting that Obama tell the Senate to pass a bill that gave him control over spending?

Are you really suggesting giving the Executive powers that are given to Congress by the Constitution?

You don't know what a Freeper is? Sweetie, you'd be right at home there--all kinds of true believers, all parroting the same memes. Perhaps I was in error, perhaps you get your memes at the source: the fat bloviator.

On topic--would you prefer that the President fly commercial coach? Or would you prefer that he take a few days to go to the Jersey Shore? Or, maybe you'd prefer that he go to TX & cut brush (oh, wait, that was someone else--nevermind.) Or maybe not take any time to decompress?
You want him to not communicate personally with the American people? Maybe stay chained to his desk?

You don't know what a Freeper is? Sweetie, you'd be right at home there--all kinds of true believers, all parroting the same memes. Perhaps I was in error, perhaps you get your memes at the source: the fat bloviator.

On topic--would you prefer that the President fly commercial coach? Or would you prefer that he take a few days to go to the Jersey Shore? Or, maybe you'd prefer that he go to TX & cut brush (oh, wait, that was someone else--nevermind.) Or maybe not take any time to decompress?
You want him to not communicate personally with the American people? Maybe stay chained to his desk?

I'd prefer to see him show some leadership and offer compromises that lead to bipartisan support so we can get this Country moving in the right direction.

sweetie...

The obummer political machine doesn't make many mistakes, (in the political sense only, they are a colossal fuckup in the real world), but this is certainly one of them.

The recording you hear when inquiring about the tours is about as amateurish as it gets, and typical of this inept President, and equally inept administration.

What it shows, is that this inept President, and equally inept administration will politicize everything, for no other reason than to try and cover for their abject lack of leadership abilities.

It truly is becoming comical watching just how low Obama and his merry band o' Bozo's will go.

I'm beginning to think that you guys simply don't understand the sequester.

Obama doesn't have control over what gets cut. The sequester legislation doesn't give the President control over the cuts, it lays out systemic cuts to each part of the government.

AF1 and tours of the White House are not done by the same "parts" of Government. The President doesn't have the power to arbitrarily decide to transfer money from one department to another, let alone from the Air Force to the White House tour program.

Thats an odd defense to use considering the gop TRIED TO GIVE HIM CONTROL OVER THE CUTS and he DECLINED.

Obama doesn't have control over what gets cut. The sequester legislation doesn't give the President control over the cuts, it lays out systemic cuts to each part of the government.

AF1 and tours of the White House are not done by the same "parts" of Government. The President doesn't have the power to arbitrarily decide to transfer money from one department to another, let alone from the Air Force to the White House tour program.

Thats an odd defense to use considering the gop TRIED TO GIVE HIM CONTROL OVER THE CUTS and he DECLINED.

Of course he declined.

Congress passed the sequester bill, and decided on the cuts. Why would the President let them pass the buck to him?

The cuts will "painful" to someone, no matter how they're allocated. Why would the President take responsibility for cuts that Congress voted for?

That is absolute bullshit, you should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to spread that absurd lie.

AF1 flights and White House tours are not part of the same "budget".

The flight costs of Air Force One are part of the DoD budget - the White House tours are not.

They are not both part of the budget of the United States of America? Since when?

By the way, the White House is claiming the Secret Service cannot afford to pay 7 uniformed members of the Secret Service to stand around watching the tours. The Secret Service is getting $66 million more this year than they got in 2011, which will pay for about 70 years worth of tours. Where is all that money going?

The Secret Service has to do advanced preparation every time the president makes a trip. They send agents, rent hotel rooms, pay per diem, and all the other expenses for a lot more than 7 people every single time Obama takes a trip. Obama flew 5200 miles to whine about the sequester, spending $1.6 million just to fly the fucking plane. How much did the Secret Service have to spend for those trips?

Care to explain why it is more important for Obama to complain about a spending hike than run let people walk through the White House on an unguided tour? Keep in mind that, even if there are no tours, those 7 uniformed Secret Service members still get paid to stand guard at the White House.

I'm curious as to where you came up with the number of miles that Obama has traveled with the purpose of "whining about the sequester". Do you have a source?

I read.

That is absolute bullshit, you should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to spread that absurd lie.

What have I posted that's a "lie"? Be specific.

They are not both part of the budget of the United States of America? Since when?

By the way, the White House is claiming the Secret Service cannot afford to pay 7 uniformed members of the Secret Service to stand around watching the tours. The Secret Service is getting $66 million more this year than they got in 2011, which will pay for about 70 years worth of tours. Where is all that money going?

The Secret Service has to do advanced preparation every time the president makes a trip. They send agents, rent hotel rooms, pay per diem, and all the other expenses for a lot more than 7 people every single time Obama takes a trip. Obama flew 5200 miles to whine about the sequester, spending $1.6 million just to fly the fucking plane. How much did the Secret Service have to spend for those trips?

Care to explain why it is more important for Obama to complain about a spending hike than run let people walk through the White House on an unguided tour? Keep in mind that, even if there are no tours, those 7 uniformed Secret Service members still get paid to stand guard at the White House.

I'm curious as to where you came up with the number of miles that Obama has traveled with the purpose of "whining about the sequester". Do you have a source?

I read.

Well, would you like to share your reading material with us?

Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

What have I posted that's a "lie"? Be specific.

The Executive branch has broad latitude to direct spending except in cases that money is specifically earmarked for a special purpose. The sequester requires him to take the money out of the White House budget, it does not require him to cancel tours.

By the way, if he has absolutely no discretion about how to cut the money why are the tours the only thing he has had to cut?

Forum List

Back