Obama steps in it again

That is absolute bullshit, you should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to spread that absurd lie.

What have I posted that's a "lie"? Be specific.

The Executive branch has broad latitude to direct spending except in cases that money is specifically earmarked for a special purpose. The sequester requires him to take the money out of the White House budget, it does not require him to cancel tours.

Funding for each and every federal program is individually allocated by appropriations bills. The Executive does not have any latitude to move funding from one program to another without Congressional approval.

The idea that the President personally decided to cut tours of the White House is a fiction that you guys have created. That's not something that would cross the President's desk. The department that deals with the tours of the White House would be the ones that made those cuts.

By the way, if he has absolutely no discretion about how to cut the money why are the tours the only thing he has had to cut?

Again, the idea that the President personally decided to cut the tours isn't based in reality. Those cuts were made by whatever office of the White House that manages the tours - and they were made to conform to the specific cuts to that department outlined in the sequester.

What have I posted that's a "lie"? Be specific.

The Executive branch has broad latitude to direct spending except in cases that money is specifically earmarked for a special purpose. The sequester requires him to take the money out of the White House budget, it does not require him to cancel tours.

Funding for each and every federal program is individually allocated by appropriations bills. The Executive does not have any latitude to move funding from one program to another without Congressional approval.

The idea that the President personally decided to cut tours of the White House is a fiction that you guys have created. That's not something that would cross the President's desk. The department that deals with the tours of the White House would be the ones that made those cuts.

By the way, if he has absolutely no discretion about how to cut the money why are the tours the only thing he has had to cut?
Again, the idea that the President personally decided to cut the tours isn't based in reality. Those cuts were made by whatever office of the White House that manages the tours - and they were made to conform to the specific cuts to that department outlined in the sequester.

You don't have to brag about your ignorance.

The Executive Branch has the authority to do all sorts of things without checking with Congress, one of these things is hire and fire people. One of the people that works in the White House gets paid nearly $100,000 a year to do calligraphy. He can also order that all White House personnel not get a raise, issue a freeze on new hiring, and all sorts of other things. In fact, he did a few of those when he first got in office, despite being saddled with a budget allegedly written by Bush that supposedly allocated all of his spending for the entire year.

Are you trying to argue he does not know about the tours being cancelled, and cannot order them reinstated even if he did not approve the cut?

Go away before you embarrass yourself.

Last edited:
Well, would you like to share your reading material with us?

Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Obama's travels are a matter of public record, feel free to add up the miles for yourself.

I was more interested in your claim that the specific purpose of his travel was to "whine about the sequester".

But I'll take this as a concession.

Do you prefer fear mongering or lying about the sequester? Either will work for me.

I will take the fact that you cannot go through the numbers and prove my math to be wrong as an absolute admission that I am right about everything.

I am a lot better at posturing than you, and I happen to be right. Unless you can show me I got the numbers wrong you should just shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think that you guys simply don't understand the sequester.

Obama doesn't have control over what gets cut. The sequester legislation doesn't give the President control over the cuts, it lays out systemic cuts to each part of the government.

AF1 and tours of the White House are not done by the same "parts" of Government. The President doesn't have the power to arbitrarily decide to transfer money from one department to another, let alone from the Air Force to the White House tour program.

------------------------

the congress offered him a chance to have that option

it was turned down

closing the White house tours looks small and petty

considering how much money America simply blows every day

I'm beginning to think that you guys simply don't understand the sequester.

Obama doesn't have control over what gets cut. The sequester legislation doesn't give the President control over the cuts, it lays out systemic cuts to each part of the government.

AF1 and tours of the White House are not done by the same "parts" of Government. The President doesn't have the power to arbitrarily decide to transfer money from one department to another, let alone from the Air Force to the White House tour program.

------------------------

the congress offered him a chance to have that option

it was turned down

closing the White house tours looks small and petty

considering how much money America simply blows every day

Considering how much money Obama, himself, blows!!!!

Forum List

Back