Obama to Normalize Relations with Cuba

Democrats are not my brothers. It's doubtful they are even human. What does the Bible say about demons?

I have seen solid arguments for the normalization of relations with Cuba and have yet to see a solid argument for continuing the concept of America being the only country in the world isolating Cuba and punishing it's entire population.

We're not punishing the Cuban population by not having normalized relations with Cuba. Very few people are opposed to normalized relations with a democratic Cuba. These people are not free like we are, they will not benefit from our trade dollars. The profits will be absorbed by the Communist regime and used to further Communist interests in the Western hemisphere. It's what they do.

The question to whether Cuba be democratic did not appear in Gallup's question the question was; "Do You Support More Normal Relations With Cuba"?
cuba.png

Democrats are not my brothers. It's doubtful they are even human. What does the Bible say about demons?

Don't ever claim to be a Christian.
Don't ever claim democrats are Christian. They are the ones saying Hail Satan.

So Democrats can't be Christian? How about tell my two cousins who are missionaries in Africa that they aren't Christians? Well, I better tell my Minister that he isn't a Christian too.
I love how you paint an entire group based on the actions of a few. You are really making an ass of yourself, you know.

So Democrats can't be Christian? How about tell my two cousins who are missionaries in Africa that they aren't Christians? Well, I better tell my Minister that he isn't a Christian too.
I love how you paint an entire group based on the actions of a few. You are really making an ass of yourself, you know.
If they are democrats they are the kind of false Christians that the Bible warned against.

If they are democrats they are the kind of false Christians that the Bible warned against.

You really don't understand Christianity and the Bible at all. In a sense, you are mocking God's Word.
But I'll give you credit for one thing, I didn't have to make you out to be a fool, you did it on your own.

Tourism is the projected savior of Cuba. Tourism brings capitalism at it purest. Cuba is looking for relief and the only thing that can turn Cuba is tourism/capitalism. The Castro brothers don't have to look far to see the Caribbean isn't what it was like 30-40 years ago. It's not even close to being backwards, countries are getting wealthier thanks to tourism. People from all over the world come to the Caribbean. Cuba would be the crown jewel of the Caribbean, without question.
Cuba will accept capitalism in a heart beat.
Hopefully, though probably not a good thing for Cubans if Cuba takes the China route - establishing a crony capitalist system of party elites running state owned enterprises.
I think China's route is lot a better than the course set by Castro. In 25 years China has gone from 100% state ownership to 35%.
Perhaps, though too much state control still exists over their economy.
I agree, there is too much state control over the economy both in China and definitely in Cuba. The first steps in Cuba to opening up free markets, is the same as it was in China, establish diplomatic relations, negotiate trade treaties, and remove obstacles to free trade. Then stand back and watch free markets grow in Cuba. When a Cuban with a 1957 Chevrolet, pulled by a mule sees an American car that's not 40 years old on the road, that will be the beginning of the end of communism in Cuba.

Tourism is the projected savior of Cuba. Tourism brings capitalism at it purest. Cuba is looking for relief and the only thing that can turn Cuba is tourism/capitalism. The Castro brothers don't have to look far to see the Caribbean isn't what it was like 30-40 years ago. It's not even close to being backwards, countries are getting wealthier thanks to tourism. People from all over the world come to the Caribbean. Cuba would be the crown jewel of the Caribbean, without question.
Hopefully, though probably not a good thing for Cubans if Cuba takes the China route - establishing a crony capitalist system of party elites running state owned enterprises.
I think China's route is lot a better than the course set by Castro. In 25 years China has gone from 100% state ownership to 35%.
I agree, there is too much state control over the economy both in China and definitely in Cuba. The first steps in Cuba to opening up free markets, is the same as it was in China, establish diplomatic relations, negotiate trade treaties, and remove obstacles to free trade. Then stand back and watch free markets grow in Cuba. When a Cuban with a 1957 Chevrolet, pulled by a mule sees an American car that's not 40 years old on the road, that will be the beginning of the end of communism in Cuba.
Do you really think that Cuba will negotiate a trade treaty? What leads you to believe that obstacles to free trade will be removed?

Raul Castro has already said there would be no trade treaty. His daughter said that Americans who believe there will be free trade are dreaming.

When obumble the terminally stupid said that relations would be normalized the Castro regime made it clear that normalization would be unilateral. They agreed to nothing.

What is it that you rely on to see this economic corner turned?

Do you really think that Cuba will negotiate a trade treaty? What leads you to believe that obstacles to free trade will be removed?

Raul Castro has already said there would be no trade treaty. His daughter said that Americans who believe there will be free trade are dreaming.

When obumble the terminally stupid said that relations would be normalized the Castro regime made it clear that normalization would be unilateral. They agreed to nothing.

Of course there will be trade treaties. It may well take 15 years as it did with China, but there will be treaties. Cuba's number one business is tourism and the world's largest market is just 90 miles off their shore. Our policy of isolating Cuba has done nothing to remove communism from Cuba and has cost the Cuban people dearly and deprived American business of a market begging for US goods. .

The US has nothing to loose by normalizing relations with Cuba. It's is nothing more than an agreement to open discussion. The US & Cuba agreed to exchange ambassadors, reopen embassies, and hold bilateral discussions. Obama has very limited powers to relax any trade restrictions. Even if the chances are slim that Cuba will open up in our lifetime, it's much better than nothing.

Read more: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Cuba-America Thaw

Say, you have been posting a few times along the lines of this quote "Raul Castro has already said there would be no trade treaty".
So, I decided to find out exactly how Raul worded that comment and after a fairly extensive search I came up empty.
Could you please provide a link to the quote of Raul Castro's, stating that there will be no trade agreement. From what I have read, Raul Castro is pushing for the trade embargo to be lifted and there is nothing about rejecting a trade agreement.
Thank you in advance.

Cuba gets about 2 million tourists a year who stay at the state owned hotels. If tourism was going to bring change where is it? If foreign money was going to improve the lives of Cubans what happened?

Cuba is run like a family owed business. A very close corporation who believes they are still in a state of revolution. obumble didn't change any of that. All the money that comes into Cuba goes directly to the Castros to fund the revolution. Meaning to fund them personally.

Cuba will sell its products to the US. American products will be seized as contraband and the people bringing those products in will be arrested as Alan Gross was arrested.

Cuba gets about 2 million tourists a year who stay at the state owned hotels. If tourism was going to bring change where is it? If foreign money was going to improve the lives of Cubans what happened?

Cuba is run like a family owed business. A very close corporation who believes they are still in a state of revolution. obumble didn't change any of that. All the money that comes into Cuba goes directly to the Castros to fund the revolution. Meaning to fund them personally.

If they lift the embargo, Cuba will see ten times the tourist they see now.
As I said earlier, the Caribbean is one of the hottest tourist areas for Americans and Europeans. Just the Mayan Riviera had double what Cuba has. Cuba would become the Crown Jewel of the Caribbean. They would attract ten times the tourist they get now. Cuba isn't able to meet those demands for lodging and they don't have the infrastructure. They would need to turn to the private sector, just like other now popular Caribbean destinations did. I have seen first hand,the Caribbean having mediocre resorts, lodging and infrastructure and now with the help of the private sector (most American companies) turn into modern day resorts.
Tourism is Cuba's biggest industry, tourism will lead Cuba into the 21st century and private investment will lead the way. We are talking capitalism.

Cuba will sell its products to the US. American products will be seized as contraband and the people bringing those products in will be arrested as Alan Gross was arrested.

Such an imagination! :disbelief:
Have you found Raul Castro's statement about no trade treaty yet? If you can't provide a link, you probably shouldn't be presenting this as a fact.:eusa_naughty:

Such an imagination! :disbelief:
Have you found Raul Castro's statement about no trade treaty yet? If you can't provide a link, you probably shouldn't be presenting this as a fact.:eusa_naughty:
Don't hold your breath waiting for a link.

Boss and Timothy Alaska and Uncensored 2008 show their ODD syndrome in action.

Knee Jerk reactions all.

Investment and tourism will rapidly improve a situation that 60 years of stupidity have not.

Yeah
Nothing like rewarding a dictator and making him and his brother rich.
We made China, the largest human rights offender and largest communist country in the world, very rich..... what is the difference?

China actually has exports.

Forum List

Back