Obama to seek congress approval

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!
Ya completely ignore the fact he threatened to not ask for permission and threatened an INVASION with troops. You people simply amaze me on how you can twist and turn and spin failure.

I seemed to have missed the part about the whole threatening to invade Syria with troops part. I thought it was about targeting some assets with cruise missils and perhaps some air stikes. It would make a huge difference in my thinking if an invasion by troops were part of the plan. Could you kindly show us a link or clue us in as to where we might find one.

Do your own homework, Obama stated we would INVADE Syria and sought assistance from Great Britain France and Turkey.

A few days ago Obama wanted to attack....because it was the right thing to do.
Now he doesn't see a lot of support...So now it's no longer the right thing to do.... ????

Get off it, RGS. Obama did not say that. It has been about missiles, not about boots on the ground.

Bush ASKED for approval BEFORE he declared he would do it alone if he had to. He went to Congress FIRST. And they said YES. he went to our allies and they for the most part said yes.

Obama declared he would invade and stated he would not ask Congress since they would turn him down. he then went to our allies and they said no as well.

This is nothing more then him facing the music for his own failures.

W lied to congress to get approval for Iraq which is needed for invasions, and no, NATO did not approve of the invasion. W and co. held their middle fingers up and invaded anyway.

Lobbing missiles into a county as a support role does not need congress' approval.

Obama is going up and beyond the call that he doesn't need to do per the constitution, to pander to the crybaby republicans, who are going to approve it anyway.

3 Congressional investigations all found no one lied to Congress about Iraq. And numerous news reporters investigating failed to find any lies either. Another stale tired lie by the left. When all else fails lie your ass off and hope some of it sticks.

O'rly?

CIA?s final report: No WMD found in Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

Even W later admitted Saddam never had WMD's.

Ya completely ignore the fact he threatened to not ask for permission and threatened an INVASION with troops. You people simply amaze me on how you can twist and turn and spin failure.

I seemed to have missed the part about the whole threatening to invade Syria with troops part. I thought it was about targeting some assets with cruise missils and perhaps some air stikes. It would make a huge difference in my thinking if an invasion by troops were part of the plan. Could you kindly show us a link or clue us in as to where we might find one.

Do your own homework, Obama stated we would INVADE Syria and sought assistance from Great Britain France and Turkey.
And he was rejected.

well, hes paralyzed. he has been trying to play catch up with the red line marker he laid down way back.

He announced yes we are attacking then what we'll do, now we'll wait. He spent a week winding this up, now, it will be seen overseas as a balk, and well, its a sign of indecisiveness and weakness. He seems to speak without considering the power of his words cum promises. If he wanted to wait for a coalition to form then he should have before making declarative statements. Kerry too.:doubt:

Just a note that he doesn't need congresses approval to strike, hes got 60 days.

They were created by Reagan and the GOP, gotta love em'! :eusa_hand:

History Grade: F.

I see you as a solid Democratic voter

You never even made it past the 3rd grade, and your stupidity is astounding.

I see you as a solid Republican voter.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

which proves that you have even less than F in simple logic :lol:

If Ronald Reagan created the Taliban how does the picture with him meeting them as equals proves that? :lol:

Frank is correct - you are low information, low IQ solid democratic voter :lol:

again - you prove you are an idiot.
and failed simple logic.

Bush admitting they did not find WMD does not prove he lied and knew they don't have WMDs.

W lied to congress to get approval for Iraq which is needed for invasions, and no, NATO did not approve of the invasion. W and co. held their middle fingers up and invaded anyway.

Lobbing missiles into a county as a support role does not need congress' approval.

Obama is going up and beyond the call that he doesn't need to do per the constitution, to pander to the crybaby republicans, who are going to approve it anyway.

3 Congressional investigations all found no one lied to Congress about Iraq. And numerous news reporters investigating failed to find any lies either. Another stale tired lie by the left. When all else fails lie your ass off and hope some of it sticks.

O'rly?

CIA?s final report: No WMD found in Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

And WHERE do you think they went? Even Clinton, a plethora of DEMS acknowledged Saddam had them early on...

WHERE do you think they went?

Into the Bekaa Valley...SYRIA...Courtesy of the Russian Spetnaz before WE got there.

Any wonder WHY Putin and his Government has a vested interest in this, and WHY Putin is laughing his ass off?

Did it ever occur to you?

Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

TRY AGAIN.

I have done my homework. It's hard to find something that doesn't exist. "INVASION with troops." That means a proposal was made to put boots on the ground and participate in a conventional ground war like was done in Iraq. Since fewer would object to launching a short cruise missile attack, the propaganda campaign has used the misinformation that an "INVASION with troops" was on the table. This propaganda was used by the Syrians and Iranians in Arab countries to diminish Arab support. It worked. It has mimicked here and has also worked. What does it mean when American's mimick the propaganda of enemy forces? Is there a name for it?

History Grade: F.

I see you as a solid Democratic voter

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

which proves that you have even less than F in simple logic :lol:

If Ronald Reagan created the Taliban how does the picture with him meeting them as equals proves that? :lol:

Frank is correct - you are low information, low IQ solid democratic voter :lol:

I didn't think it was possible to out stupid frank, then along comes Vox :cuckoo:

You to seem to love the fact your hero Reagan referred to muslim extremists as being on the same page as the founding fathers, but the GOP are basically terrorists, so it's fitting.

Last edited:

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Mujaheddin were fighting against your home team the USSR

You get a Double F

Reagan became BFF with your homeboys the muslim extremists giving them weapons, military training, and even invited them to the white house.

You get a triple F, plus a dunce cap.

Mujaheddin were fighting against your home team: USSR

Sucks to be you and on the wrong side of history 24/7/365

I think it's a good thing that President Obama took the warnings to forgo coalition mediation and route the choice to the US alone.

As it should be.

imho

if the Congress does not approve - this will save obama's face and this country from another unnecessary war.

Call your representatives NOW.

Has the congress ever denied Obama something he really wanted? No. I hope I'm wrong, but congress just wants to be relevant and part of the Washington game-playing.

Only presidential leadership could have kept us from continuing our warring ways. Presidents have set the agenda for war since Korea.

Last edited:
Obama: Syria situation ‘threatens our national security’

President Barack Obama called the situation in Syria “a challenge to the world” and said it is the responsibility of the United States to stop the Assad regime from using chemical weapons.“We don’t want the world to be paralyzed,” Obama*said Friday*at the White House. “And frankly, part of the challenge that we end up with here is a lot of people think something should be done and nobody wants to do it. And that’s not an unusual situation, and that’s part of what allows over time the erosion of these kinds of international prohibitions unless somebody says, ‘No.’”Read more:*Obama: Syria situation ?threatens our national security? - POLITICO.com. We see a threat of imminent violence against Syria on Friday, and we see Obama say today he will wait for Congress to authorize action against Syria. He is listening to his own backers over at moveon.org, they circulated a Petition and garnered over 30000 signatures of Americans who wanted any military action in Syria authorized by Congress.

President Obama: Don't Strike Syria Without Congressional Approval

By Robert Naiman*(Contact) MoveOn Petitions - President Obama: Don't Strike Syria Without Congressional Approval. There are currently 34,146 signatures. They, or should I more properly say we, have already had some of our demands met. After all, I signed the Petition too. OBAMA has said he will seek autnhorization from Congress for any attacks in Syria.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

he doesn't need their approval right now. Hes got 60 days , hello, ala Libya.

and if it were so important and not a cover that his FP is in chaos, he would have gotten it months/year ago, when he made the red line statement, or after the first attack, or 2 weeks ago.....his hand would have been much firmer and having it fully committed to by congress maybe, the Brits might, as in possibly felt different...*shrugs*

This thing didn't start yesterday, hes had plenty of time......

I refuse to give Obama credit for this decision. Popular opinion influenced his decision. It's all about politics, and saving face for the Democratic party. It's a good example of a politician doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

The most recent poll I saw on last night news put the split as 46% for bombing, 46% against and 8% unsure. The link below was one I find just now.

"Washington (CNN) - Half of all Americans say they oppose possible U.S. military action against Syria, according to a new national poll.

"But the NBC News survey suggests support does increase if any such attack is limited to cruise missile launches.

"And nearly eight in ten of those questioned in the survey released Friday morning say President Barack Obama should be required to get Congressional approval before launching any military attack against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

Poll: Half oppose military action against Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The link is well worth reading as it gives some historical background on the actions of previous presidents.

The poll I saw was NBC's...80% of Americans DISAPROVED of attacking Syria without Congressional approval.

Mujaheddin were fighting against your home team the USSR

You get a Double F

Reagan became BFF with your homeboys the muslim extremists giving them weapons, military training, and even invited them to the white house.

You get a triple F, plus a dunce cap.

Mujaheddin were fighting against your home team: USSR

Sucks to be you and on the wrong side of history 24/7/365

Reagan became BFF with your homeboys the muslim extremists giving them weapons, military training, and even invited them to the white house. Hell he even dedicated the space shuttle columbia to them that's how much Reagan loved islam.

You must take great pride in being the supporter of a party that created the taliban, the GOP, which attacked us on 9/11. You are truly a disgusting piece of shit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back