Obama to seek congress approval

That's all the GOP crybabies do in congress is blocking everything, or wasting time trying to repeal the ACA.

All the faux outrage is nothing but a game from the GOP trash trying to call out the president thinking he was just going to send the missiles over because he doesn't need congressional approval per the constitution.

Obama pulled an excellent chess move by now throwing it on the GOP's lap (whom are going to approve it in a second because they are warmongers) and Obama can now say it's the GOP that wanted it.

Well done Mr. President :up:

Translation..."I elected Obama to stop the wars going on and NOW I'm pissed that the Congress, the People, the world stopped him from launching another one..."

YOU are transparent.

Translation "I am a right winger and I love war as the answer for everything, except for when the black guy tries it, then I hate it and make crap up like he's going to do it without my fellow right wing terrorist's approval. Not that he threw it back in my face and is letting my GOP leaders do what they wanted, they will vote for the strike, and then I will now support it because they told me to"

third time I am posting this, he doesn't need congress, he didn't go to congress ala the Libyan venture did he? He has 60 days. He said he had the authority, right there in the rose garden, today, whats he going to say of congress says no? I am free and clear? Hardly, he will look even more apathetic. He looked at the polls and hes stymied but yet trying to work his way out of all the hubristic rhetoric hes delivered over the last year ala Syria etc.

hes totally out of his depth and facing something a speech cannot get him out of, so hes hoping congress will, but it won't matter as he set an example already in Libya....with far less at stake and no chemical attacks, egregious human rights violations etc.

Forget a 3 a.m. phone call, hes not ready for a 3 p.m. phone call, even after 4 years.....

As I said months ago, obabbles strategy is to fuck so many things up it becomes impossible for his critics to stay focused...so he gets away with everything. Good plan for him...bad plan for the country.
Obama as a 'Community Organizer' [read that Professional SHIT disturber], is very adept at the politics of diversion...It's what Statists, wannabe Tyrants practice so well.

They were created by Reagan and the GOP, gotta love em'! :eusa_hand:

History Grade: F.

I see you as a solid Democratic voter

You never even made it past the 3rd grade, and your stupidity is astounding.

I see you as a solid Republican voter.

reagan_taliban_1985.jpg

Al Qaeda now has state sponsorship again, this time its from Obama and the USA

They were created by Reagan and the GOP, gotta love em'! :eusa_hand:

uhm no sorry, operation cyclone;

On 3 July 1979, Carter signed a presidential finding authorizing funding for anticommunist guerrillas in Afghanistan.[2] Following the Soviet intervention in Afghanistan in December Operation Storm-333 and installation of a more pro-Soviet president, Babrak Karmal, Carter announced, "The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan is the greatest threat to peace since the Second World War".[10]

President Reagan greatly expanded the program as part of the Reagan Doctrine of aiding anti-Soviet resistance movements abroad. To execute this policy, Reagan deployed CIA Special Activities Division paramilitary officers to equip the Mujihadeen forces against the Red Army. Although the CIA and Texas Congressman Charlie Wilson have received the most attention for their roles, the key architect of the strategy was Michael G. Vickers, a young CIA paramilitary officer working for Gust Avrakotos, the CIA's regional head who had a close relationship with Wilson. Vicker's strategy was to use a broad mix of weapons, tactics, logistics, along with training programs, to enhance the rebels' ability to fight a guerilla war against the Soviets.[11][12] Reagan's program assisted in ending the Soviet's occupation in Afghanistan.[13][14] A Pentagon senior official, Michael Pillsbury, successfully advocated providing Stinger missiles to the Afghan resistance, according to recent books and academic articles.[15]

Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ever heard of- Charlie Wilson (Texas politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rolleyes: hollywood even made a movie of him, proof that the dems hate commies too...

so what up black label? lost your train of thought:rolleyes:

Even W later admitted Saddam never had WMD's.

again - you prove you are an idiot. and failed simple logic. Bush admitting they did not find WMD does not prove he lied and knew they don't have WMDs.

That was not the claim, silly. The claim was that W admitted he was wrong about WMDs, and he was. It was manly of W to do that. I remember hearing him say that if he had known that, he would not have invaded.

You need to stay on OP and be truthful, Vox.

iraq had WMD...everyone lied about it for various reasons...and the lying continues.

That's all the GOP crybabies do in congress is blocking everything, or wasting time trying to repeal the ACA.

All the faux outrage is nothing but a game from the GOP trash trying to call out the president thinking he was just going to send the missiles over because he doesn't need congressional approval per the constitution.

Obama pulled an excellent chess move by now throwing it on the GOP's lap (whom are going to approve it in a second because they are warmongers) and Obama can now say it's the GOP that wanted it.

Translation..."I elected Obama to stop the wars going on and NOW I'm pissed that the Congress, the People, the world stopped him from launching another one..."

YOU are transparent.

Translation "I am a right winger and I love war as the answer for everything, except for when the black guy tries it, then I hate it and make crap up like he's going to do it without my fellow right wing terrorist's approval. Not that he threw it back in my face and is letting my GOP leaders do what they wanted, they will vote for the strike, and then I will now support it because they told me to"

DEFERRED: http://www.usmessageboard.com/7768188-post168.html

Get it yet Black Fable?

again - you prove you are an idiot. and failed simple logic. Bush admitting they did not find WMD does not prove he lied and knew they don't have WMDs.

That was not the claim, silly. The claim was that W admitted he was wrong about WMDs, and he was. It was manly of W to do that. I remember hearing him say that if he had known that, he would not have invaded.

iraq had WMD...everyone lied about it for various reasons...and the lying continues.

Your feelings are not facts. The facts are against you and always have been.

Across the board it was lied about...Saddam had it...it disappeared...into Syria...the politicians will NEVER acknowledge it...still an important tool of diversion.

YOU are transparent.

But it's Obama that solidified us as a nation of war for centuries to come. After Syria, it will be impossible to escape the conclusion.

YOU are transparent.

But it's Obama that solidified us as a nation of war for centuries to come. After Syria, it will be impossible to escape the conclusion.

Every president since FDR can claim that mantle, unfortunately.

Everyone got something but obama. Iran and Syria gets to say they scared obama. Putin gets to say obama took his advice.

This is just another little rip in the obama facade. No matter what he did obama was going to be wrong. That's the definition of checkmate. Now we enter into end game.

Obama it seems to me by playing this game when he dont need congress to approve is showing the world he is a sissy boi because he knows they will vote no. Bush Jr. didnt give a flying fuck after 911 he showed the world dont fuck around. With Obozo in office now and his delay in this I am worried about another 911.

Why did he choose to issue his statement today ? What was the rush? Couldn't he have waited at least until the UN issued their report ? He just gave Syria his word that he would not attack them until at least Congress meets. Why did he give them this time to prepare and maneuver ? They could have been left sitting on pins and needles. Any ideas ?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it.

The anxiety of an imminent attack, staying on high alert for days on end...hell, shoot some dummy rounds that land in the water!

Forcing Assad to divide his attention.

That would have been perhaps better than an actual attack.

Even when making the correct decision (after trying everything else) President Obama finds a way to screw it up.

My opinion?

He saw the polls, and being the Campaigner-in-Chief instead of the Commander-in-Chief, he needed to get the word out to American's before HIS poll numbers started dropping.

No tactical sense at all. He could have just kept his big mouth shut, waited for the UN results and asked Congress to convene. I don't see the point in basically giving Syria a guarantee that the attack won't occur until at least Congress has voted on it. :cuckoo:

Because the far reactionary far right will attack the CiC regardless of what he does.

Jake supports Obamas intention to give Al Qaeda US sponsorship. The entire world is against Jake and Obama

he returned the bust of Churchill as soon as he took office.

You're a liar.

This is 100% false. The bust still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room.

News outlets have debunked this claim time and again. First, back in 2010 the National Journal reported that “the Churchill bust was relocated to a prominent spot in the residence to make room for Abraham Lincoln, a figure from whom the first African-American occupant of the Oval Office might well draw inspiration in difficult times.” And just in case anyone forgot, just last year the AP reported that President Obama “replaced the Oval Office fixture with a bust of one of his American heroes, President Abraham Lincoln, and moved the Churchill bust to the White House residence.”

In case these news reports are not enough for Mr. Krauthammer and others, here’s a picture of the President showing off the Churchill bust to Prime Minister Cameron when he visited the White House residence in 2010.

20120727-churchill.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!
Ya completely ignore the fact he threatened to not ask for permission and threatened an INVASION with troops. You people simply amaze me on how you can twist and turn and spin failure.

Why would I ignore something he didn't do? Grand posturing is just that.
The end result is what really matters. You want to cry about being threatened have at it.

looks like he is backpedaling.

GOOD

Looks like he's listening and thinking, something all leaders ought to do. I sure wish George W. Bush had backpedaled, and so do thousands of American and Iraqi families.

Bush ASKED for approval BEFORE he declared he would do it alone if he had to. He went to Congress FIRST. And they said YES. he went to our allies and they for the most part said yes.

Obama declared he would invade and stated he would not ask Congress since they would turn him down. he then went to our allies and they said no as well.

This is nothing more then him facing the music for his own failures.

Save england our allies said no.

Why did he choose to issue his statement today ? What was the rush? Couldn't he have waited at least until the UN issued their report ? He just gave Syria his word that he would not attack them until at least Congress meets. Why did he give them this time to prepare and maneuver ? They could have been left sitting on pins and needles. Any ideas ?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it.

The anxiety of an imminent attack, staying on high alert for days on end...hell, shoot some dummy rounds that land in the water!

Forcing Assad to divide his attention.

That would have been perhaps better than an actual attack.

Even when making the correct decision (after trying everything else) President Obama finds a way to screw it up.

My opinion?

He saw the polls, and being the Campaigner-in-Chief instead of the Commander-in-Chief, he needed to get the word out to American's before HIS poll numbers started dropping.

No tactical sense at all. He could have just kept his big mouth shut, waited for the UN results and asked Congress to convene. I don't see the point in basically giving Syria a guarantee that the attack won't occur until at least Congress has voted on it. :cuckoo:
He has a legacy to protect other than the Abomination that is OBAMACARE that he knows full well the people HATE...so what else to do for a legacy?

HE makes ALL of this about HIMSELF. Obama just got called out by the world for the FAKE, phoney he is, and always has been.

HE is being called out. NO denying it. The left may say whatever they like? Their leader that they blindly follow is finished no matter what he does from here on out... until WE are finally RID of him in 2017...

(And that can't come too soon).

Forum List

Back