🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama Wants Calorie Info Posted on Vending Machines

More information is bad!

No, redundancy is bad.

Nutritional info is already posted on the food item. To post it again on the vending machine is redundant, wasteful, and idiotic.

Oh you mean after you buy it you'll be able to find out?

Oh you mean people haven't had the opportunity to find out cal counts in snack food for years?

Oh you mean every time the vendor changes out the content of the machine he has to change the sticker on the machine?

Oh you mean too damn bad he will lose money doing this?

Oh you mean nanny state is great?

Because posting this info has led to people being thinner and healthier, right? Oh yeah.

No, because some of us are diabetic and some others have health problems they need to monitor.

As much as I hate the nanny-state, things like this aren't really that far out of line.

I want to know what I'm putting in my body. And I think that the people who make these products ought to know what's in them as well

Someone who is diabetic knows the content of the stuff in vending machines. They have to. Diabetics learn to pack their own snacks so they don't get caught in a bad situation blood sugar-wise. Most people are not diabetic anyway.

Nearly anything out of a vending machine is pre-processed crap, too much sodium, sugar, fat.

This is another unnecessary regulation.

It estimates the cost to the vending machine industry at $25.8 million initially and $24 million per year after that, but says if just .02 percent of obese adults ate 100 fewer calories a week, the savings to the health care system would be at least that great.

$24M/year? Cripes, that's a lot of money for duplicate information.

:lol: They actually believe that, don't they? Uh, no. 100 fewer calories per week will yield nothing of the sort. Oh wait, you'd lose one lb in 35 weeks. :cuckoo:

No, redundancy is bad.

Nutritional info is already posted on the food item. To post it again on the vending machine is redundant, wasteful, and idiotic.

Oh you mean after you buy it you'll be able to find out?

Oh you mean people haven't had the opportunity to find out cal counts in snack food for years?

Which ones? All of them?

Oh you mean every time the vendor changes out the content of the machine he has to change the sticker on the machine?

No because like you just said everyone knows the cal counts in every snack food all the time.

Oh you mean too damn bad he will lose money doing this?

He will? Thats an Assumption

Oh you mean nanny state is great?

If you say so, I was just asking a question. One you seem to have more questions about than I do

Because posting this info has led to people being thinner and healthier, right? Oh yeah.

No, because some of us are diabetic and some others have health problems they need to monitor.

As much as I hate the nanny-state, things like this aren't really that far out of line.

I want to know what I'm putting in my body. And I think that the people who make these products ought to know what's in them as well

Someone who is diabetic knows the content of the stuff in vending machines. They have to. Diabetics learn to pack their own snacks so they don't get caught in a bad situation blood sugar-wise. Most people are not diabetic anyway.

Nearly anything out of a vending machine is pre-processed crap, too much sodium, sugar, fat.

Wait until I tell diabetics they dont get caught in bad blood sugar situations.

The only things I'm worried about when standing at a vending machine is will it eat my dollar or spit it out. Oh and do I have enough coin for both the raspberry shortbread cookies and a Butterfinger. And the Mother Lode is enough cash for a Kit Kat too ~~~ Sweeeeet ~~

This has nothing to do with HC. It's all about regulating, mandating and control. The regulations will put many venders out of business. Why do such a thing when unemployment is so high? We need jobs! Filling these machines is a JOB. Our government is doing everything possible to put people out of work. $25 million every year. These are privately owned and operated and will put small owners out of business.
Obama Wants....Fuck Obama & his fat wife ~

OMG ~ Now can't stop thinking about those Knott's Raspberry Shortbread Cookies...I Love drop down Vending Machines. The spinner machines that do have healthy stuff like fruit, yogurt, milk and other so called healthy crap I would NEVER touch. Why?? Because they have an Expiration Date....Butterfinger is Always Good Stuff!!

Last edited:
I think they should post a nutritionist next to all vending machines...You people are too stupid to know a candy bar isn't healthy..

Obama and his comrades in arms administration is a horrible joke who can't resist to stay the hell out of managing our lives...this is just the beginning, elect the Shrillary...oh dear gawd help us

Yes, most take their diabetes seriously and take charge of their health, and yes that means making sure they don't get stuck without a proper food source. Hell, I'm not even diabetic and I make sure of it. And if they do get stuck? They know what type of food they need to get into their bodies, even if it's only crap from a vending machine.

If you buy from vending machines you are not very economical with your money or your diet.

Sometimes it's the only food and drink available.
...like in the waiting rooms of hospitals...lounge areas of clubs etc...train stations etc.

And hotel/motel late night snack...Just hoping I have enough coin for the vending machine Mother Lode ~~~ Yummy Yum Yum!!!

If you buy from vending machines you are not very economical with your money or your diet.

Sometimes it's the only food and drink available.
...like in the waiting rooms of hospitals...lounge areas of clubs etc...train stations etc.

And hotel/motel late night snack...Just hoping I have enough coin for the vending machine Mother Lode ~~~ Yummy Yum Yum!!!

lol
munchies, salt and useless surgar all the better

Yes, most take their diabetes seriously and take charge of their health, and yes that means making sure they don't get stuck without a proper food source. Hell, I'm not even diabetic and I make sure of it. And if they do get stuck? They know what type of food they need to get into their bodies, even if it's only crap from a vending machine.

Diabetes must have telepathy as a side effect. They just know.

Funny because you said they dont get stuck then said "even if they do get stuck" which was my entire point.

Fatty's are going to hate being reminded that their piss-poor food choices are-----are their choice but-----but personally, I think only those states that have a majority of overweight/obese people should have to comply with this law.

God forbid fatty's educate themselves to the point of realizing they're making stupid food choices. If you're a fatty and you ignore the labels and new signs - blame yo'se'f.

Not hard to tell who the fatty's on this thread are huh?

More information is bad!

That is what the right is against. Ask them. They're against education at all levels.

Never mind that some people have health concerns that make knowing the ingredients of a given product important.

Think about it people. Surely some of the rw's here actually read labels before buying and eating? Maybe you have a child who is allergic to ingredients. Maybe you're diabetic because all you do is sit here guzzling soda and bitching all day.

If anyone here was a health care professional, they would have a completely different assessment than the usual ignorant schlock from the knee jerkers.

Fatty's are going to hate being reminded that their piss-poor food choices are-----are their choice but-----but personally, I think only those states that have a majority of overweight/obese people should have to comply with this law.

God forbid fatty's educate themselves to the point of realizing they're making stupid food choices. If you're a fatty and you ignore the labels and new signs - blame yo'se'f.

Not hard to tell who the fatty's on this thread are huh?

god forbid you weren't such a judgmental ass
what people weight is none of you snobs business...But this is just the baby steps of how ObamaCare is going to encroach into your lives..
Obama and his government is your mommy and daddy now, enjoy it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back