Obama White House Threatens Reporter

The only thing Bob Woodward is truly threatened by are the words "Bob who?"

If that were true, then why did the White House feel it necessary to reach out to him?

Or was that a diversion and a way to minimize the importance of the White House feeling threatened by a left leaning reporter FINALLY reporting the truth about this administration?

:clap2:

E-mails are emerging that put a very different slant on this. The Whitehouse official was not 'threatening' Woodward. He was saying Woodward would regret publishing material that was not correct on the slant Woodward was giving it. He was telling Woodward he wasn't understanding the material and would regret, as a reporter, that he'd published material that was incorrect. It's kind of like this thread and the other one: people jumping to conclusions about something they don't have all the information on. The Whitehouse official was not warning or threatening Woodward that they were going to get some kind of revenge on him.

I think Woodward will regret that he went on television and talked to anyone who would listen about the Whitehouse trying to intimidate him. It is being proven through a series of e-mails that he was not threatened at all. Woodward has become an attention whore instead of a serious journalist.

Sounds very similar to when these efforts to try and "downgrade" the video protest surrounding the Benghazi attack that left four Americans dead. It was a terrorist attack, when it became apparent no one was really buying into this massive organized protest story.

Ah yes, another classic move from the rightwing cult. Use the latest myth to remind us of other rightwing myths from the past.

Why DID the administration go on and on and on about a video, when the Pentagon knew it was a terrorist attack from the start? Hmmmmmmm this infatuation the left have for Obama, that they are willing to go at such great lengths to try and "cover up", is nothing short of amazing. However Al Queda wasn't as scattered and disorganized as the President boasted it was. HIS "Mission Accomplished" came a bit early for Obama to be spiking the political football surrounding Bin Laden and the good job "HE" (after all) did in the kill.

Now there is this need to downplay all these threats to various members of the press. Anything from Woodward wasn't that great a reporter anyways, to defining what Obama meant as a threat. Like the 'ol ploy - You gotta know what the definition of "is" really IS when he originally said it, to see what he meant.

Last edited:
And now they are crucifying Woodward for exposing obama. It is so pathetic. And, on top of that, all the libs on this board are busy providing cover for the WH by "explaining" that Woodward is the bad guy. It's absolutely amazing to me that the asshole libs are chastising Woodward when they were the ones who were praising him when he brought down Nixon, among other things. POS, all of them.

E-mails are emerging that put a very different slant on this. The Whitehouse official was not 'threatening' Woodward. He was saying Woodward would regret publishing material that was not correct on the slant Woodward was giving it. He was telling Woodward he wasn't understanding the material and would regret, as a reporter, that he'd published material that was incorrect. It's kind of like this thread and the other one: people jumping to conclusions about something they don't have all the information on. The Whitehouse official was not warning or threatening Woodward that they were going to get some kind of revenge on him.

I think Woodward will regret that he went on television and talked to anyone who would listen about the Whitehouse trying to intimidate him. It is being proven through a series of e-mails that he was not threatened at all. Woodward has become an attention whore instead of a serious journalist.

yes, I am sure their threat that he will regret it will result in unjustified ramifications for him, just as those same regrets were felt by others that dared do the same.

God you guys are funny. It's like drilling for oil in a salt mine. :cuckoo:

Sounds very similar to when these efforts to try and "downgrade" the video protest surrounding the Benghazi attack that left four Americans dead. It was a terrorist attack, when it became apparent no one was really buying into this massive organized protest story.

Ah yes, another classic move from the rightwing cult. Use the latest myth to remind us of other rightwing myths from the past.

Why DID the administration go on and on and on about a video, when the Pentagon knew it was a terrorist attack from the start? Hmmmmmmm this infatuation the left have for Obama, that they are willing to go at such great lengths to try and "cover up", is nothing short of amazing. However Al Queda wasn't as scattered and disorganized as the President boasted it was. HIS "Mission Accomplished" came a bit early for Obama to be spiking the political football surrounding Bin Laden and the good job "HE" (after all) did in the kill.

Now there is this need to downplay all these threats to various members of the press. Anything from Woodward wasn't that great a reporter anyways, to defining what Obama meant as a threat. Like the 'ol ploy - You gotta know what the definition of "is" really IS when he originally said it, to see what he meant.

I've already won this argument months ago. I'm not going to re-litigate with you. Search 'benghazi' under my username if you want to argue with me about it.

Woodward not backing down as liberal idiots on this board are trying to imply!

By Eun Kyung Kim, TODAY contributor

Legendary journalist Bob Woodward said Friday that the focus on his quarrel with a close White House adviser over the sequester is a “sideshow” detracting from the real debate over who is responsible for the deep spending cuts about to go into effect.

“It’s been pointed out that this is a sideshow, which it is,” the Washington Post journalist told Matt Lauer on TODAY from Washington. “This is the old trick in the book of making the press, or some confrontation with the press, the issue, rather than what the White House has done here.”

What the administration has done, Woodward said, is skirt the issue over whose actions put into play the deep budget cuts, known as the sequester, that automatically go into effect Friday throughout the federal government.

Bob Woodward: White House is using my spat as 'sideshow' - TODAY News

The White House is making this the issue? As a sideshow? The White House isn't putting this story all over the media;

the media is putting this story all over the media.

Saw Woodward on Morning Joe this morning with Axelrod...seems much ado about nothing. Poor choice of words by White House still.

Move along.

( didn't see this spot...ooops)...re-post..

for the record, IMHO- woodward overreacted in how he related the story to us, but when you get to that level they know exactly what power their words have , Sperling used the term he used for a reason ( I mean obama says words have meaning, he used that phrase himself, "words have meaning" so do they or don't they? or it appears they don 't when a dem says it but a rep does they do? ).....

and it is interesting ( and the usual, not very revealing exercise in hypocrisy) to see a guy like Woodward who had disagreed with obama publicly what, twice now(?) being pilloried and given a proverbial bullet in the headat Tahoe........they must deny him now.... Apostasy:eusa_shhh:

you know the deal..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpztPyZ5TH0]Godfather I - Dont take sides against the family - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ5GpcG4sc]The Godfather 2 Fredos death - YouTube[/ame]

Legendary journalist Bob Woodward said Friday that the focus on his quarrel with a close White House adviser over the sequester is a “sideshow” detracting from the real debate over who is responsible for the deep spending cuts about to go into effect.

“It’s been pointed out that this is a sideshow, which it is,” the Washington Post journalist told Matt Lauer on TODAY from Washington. “This is the old trick in the book of making the press, or some confrontation with the press, the issue, rather than what the White House has done here.”

What the administration has done, Woodward said, is skirt the issue over whose actions put into play the deep budget cuts, known as the sequester, that automatically go into effect Friday throughout the federal government.

The White House is making this the issue? As a sideshow? The White House isn't putting this story all over the media;

wow, I am impressed:eek:

the speed with which they mustered forces, the press, pundits hosts etc and WH apparatus to quash any dissension and damage is, well yea, awesome....what? a day and a half? :eusa_whistle:

hummm:eusa_think:
Maybe, just maybe now, they can put this quick reaction kill the 'obama apparatchik sticking his foot in his mouth' machine to work on something that has/had real, tangible life and death circumstances.......like information on Benghazi?

and I know, crazy...right? :eusa_eh:

If that were true, then why did the White House feel it necessary to reach out to him?

Or was that a diversion and a way to minimize the importance of the White House feeling threatened by a left leaning reporter FINALLY reporting the truth about this administration?
It was Woodward who called Sperling.

Facts. They matter.

(To those not in the right-wing bubble chamber anyway)

It was Woodward who called Sperling.

Facts. They matter.

(To those not in the right-wing bubble chamber anyway)

If facts mattered....why did you vote for the windbag?

"This is big,” wrote White House director of new media Macon Phillips in a February 23, 2009 blog post, ”the President today promised that by the end of his first term, he will cut in half the massive federal deficit we’ve inherited. And we’ll do it in a new way: honestly and candidly.”
Obama?s Broken Deficit Promise - ABC News

So....did I just prove that 'facts' don't matter to you?

Hey...if I were a Liberal, I'd have screamed "YOU LIAR!"

The FACT there was a loonie-bin dipshit named Mitt Romney as an alternative mattered more to me.

But you can bet your sorry, skanky ass, PC, I won't be voting for Obama again.

Feel better?

The FACT there was a loonie-bin dipshit named Mitt Romney as an alternative mattered more to me.

But you can bet your sorry, skanky ass, PC, I won't be voting for Obama again.

Feel better?

So.....in addition to being a fool, as proven by your post....you found it necessary to prove you were a vulgar low-life?

I was wondering if you would verify the rumor that you produce your own makeup from recycled medical wastes, mostly blood and bile.

the speed with which they mustered forces, the press, pundits hosts etc and WH apparatus to quash any dissension and damage is, well yea, awesome....what? a day and a half? :eusa_whistle:

Maybe, just maybe now, they can put this quick reaction kill the 'obama apparatchik sticking his foot in his mouth' machine to work on something that has/had real, tangible life and death circumstances.......like information on Benghazi?

The Benghazi myth is indeed a refuge of the insane, the stupid, or the combination of both.

I am trying to conjure the medias reaction if Rove had yelled at a reporter for a half hour, and would they be so understanding and defend Rove ( as CNN et al ) as just 'drama' and hey lets move on....:eusa_think: No, somehow, I just don't think so.

I've been hearing about threats from the WH since his first year in office.

This has been going on all along. Anyone who rats him out is made an example. I've been told by soldiers that they are under direct orders never to be critical of Obama. They'll get punished under UCMJ.

The voices in your head are inadmissible as evidence on this forum.

The Benghazi myth is indeed a refuge of the insane, the stupid, or the combination of both.

myth :lol: man that grass must taste sooooo good.
uploaded_EmoticonJumpSheep.gif

"“What difference does it make?".......right? Rolleyes:

myth :lol: man that grass must taste sooooo good.
uploaded_EmoticonJumpSheep.gif

"“What difference does it make?".......right? Rolleyes:

You want to try to find someone to hang for the needless deaths of Americans in the Middle East?

Fine. Shouldn't we at least go in order? Before we deal with the 4 in Libya, how about we deal with the 4000+ in Iraq?

Fair enough?

Are there any reports of Woodward being on the run ala Ben Gazzara?

Don't use your credit cards, Bob! They can trace you real easy that way.

Change your clothes (I suggest work clothes). Get a ball cap. Move during the day when you can blend in with others. Stay away from chain restaurants that tend to have cameras. Eat at small diners when it's busy. And for God's sake, get rid of those damn glasses!

Forum List

Back