Obamacare - 49% for, 48% against

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Obamacare support edges opposition for first time in ABC-Washington Post poll

Jed Lewison for Daily Kos

Mar 31, 2014

<snip>

This shift provides evidence for what we've been predicting now for months: That as the benefits of Obamacare become tangible, support for the law will grow.

It's worth noting that this poll had two glaring problems. One is that it didn't ask opponents of the law why they oppose it. As CNN's polling has repeatedly shown, many Obamacare opponents don't think it's progressive enough.

<snip>

One really shouldn't post an article about a poll, both of which are almost three weeks old.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Wonder why CNN has done a poll since the last one...

:eusa_think:
The admission that even the daily kos has trouble finding even a biased poll believable to their leftist readers that shows more than +1 approval shocked me. I would think that a question such as "Do you prefer guaranteed acceptance of pre-existing conditions or repeal of Obamacare?" would produce at least double digit numbers of positive approval but seemingly I am either wrong or even readers of DK would ROFL at such a claim.

Yeah... cause what we need is fundamental change to society with 49% support.

Go team!

I wonder how many on the Right, who oppose ACA, have applied so far?

Fortunately my insurance extended for one more year. After that I have to pay 88% more for less. What a load of shit.

The dishonest misleading lying propaganda is coming at us fast and furious now

Hope you like this is , your media doing it

this country is hopeless and lost

The Daily kos....ok.

Very sad-----very sad that you think the ABC-Washington Post poll was taken by Daily Kos---SMH@ U.

Is There Life in Obamacare's Polls? More Than in the GOP's - US News

By Robert Schlesinger
April 3, 2014

Is the polling around Obamacare finally moving from toxic to merely mediocre? I passed on writing about the surprising ABC News/Washington Post poll released earlier this week showing a boost in Obamacare's popularity on the grounds that a single poll could be an outlier. And while a second poll does not a trend make (especially when an intervening poll has the Affordable Care Act wallowing in the same public opinion muck it’s been in for months), the bipartisan nature of the NPR poll released today showing 47 percent of Americans approve of the health care law makes it worth noting.

Also it – and every other survey released – serves as a good reminder that for all of its polling problems, Obamacare remains way, way, way more popular than its chief critics, Republicans in Congress.

<snip>

And regardless of whether Obamacare is double-digits down or is creeping up, one thing remains fairly constant (since I wrote about it last October) – the Affordable Care Act remains far more popular than the people who have made it their raison d’etre to repeal the thing, congressional Republicans. The ABC/Washington Post poll didn’t measure congressional Republican popularity, but Quinnipiac found only 18 percent of people approve of the job the GOP is doing in Congress (for those of you keeping score at home that’s well less than half of the comparably dizzying 41 percent who approve of the health law), while 73 percent disapprove.

<snip>

The Daily kos....ok.

Very sad-----very sad that you think the ABC-Washington Post poll was taken by Daily Kos---SMH@ U.

By Robert Schlesinger
April 3, 2014

Is the polling around Obamacare finally moving from toxic to merely mediocre? I passed on writing about the surprising ABC News/Washington Post poll released earlier this week showing a boost in Obamacare's popularity on the grounds that a single poll could be an outlier. And while a second poll does not a trend make (especially when an intervening poll has the Affordable Care Act wallowing in the same public opinion muck it’s been in for months), the bipartisan nature of the NPR poll released today showing 47 percent of Americans approve of the health care law makes it worth noting.

Also it – and every other survey released – serves as a good reminder that for all of its polling problems, Obamacare remains way, way, way more popular than its chief critics, Republicans in Congress.

<snip>

And regardless of whether Obamacare is double-digits down or is creeping up, one thing remains fairly constant (since I wrote about it last October) – the Affordable Care Act remains far more popular than the people who have made it their raison d’etre to repeal the thing, congressional Republicans. The ABC/Washington Post poll didn’t measure congressional Republican popularity, but Quinnipiac found only 18 percent of people approve of the job the GOP is doing in Congress (for those of you keeping score at home that’s well less than half of the comparably dizzying 41 percent who approve of the health law), while 73 percent disapprove.

<snip>

Digging deeper into the polls provided by both sides shows an interesting shift amongst those who call themselves conservatives but who don't align with the GOP. The upward movement is Obamacare popularity stems primarily from this growing group of disaffected Republicans.

Running on repealing Obamacare seems like it might not bring out the support that it did in prior elections if this group is now seeing through the rhetoric and prefers to make up their own mind rather than just toe the party line. They won't support the Dems but that isn't the issue here.

Not being able to count on the support of this former GOP contingent might result in a weaker than anticipated shift to the right. At the present moment it is an all but foregone conclusion that the GOP will gain the 6 seats it needs to take control of the Senate. But those are very hotly contested seats. It will only take the failure of not gaining one of those seats to leave the Senate in the hands of the Dems (at 50-50) since Biden casts the tiebreaker.

If anything these polls are showing that the trend towards a slow gradual acceptance of Obamacare is in the works. How much impact it will have by November remains to be seen. But it is foolish to ignore this canary in the coal mine in my opinion.

The Daily kos....ok.

By Robert Schlesinger
April 3, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Digging deeper into the polls provided by both sides shows an interesting shift amongst those who call themselves conservatives but who don't align with the GOP. The upward movement is Obamacare popularity stems primarily from this growing group of disaffected Republicans.

Running on repealing Obamacare seems like it might not bring out the support that it did in prior elections if this group is now seeing through the rhetoric and prefers to make up their own mind rather than just toe the party line. They won't support the Dems but that isn't the issue here.

Not being able to count on the support of this former GOP contingent might result in a weaker than anticipated shift to the right. At the present moment it is an all but foregone conclusion that the GOP will gain the 6 seats it needs to take control of the Senate. But those are very hotly contested seats. It will only take the failure of not gaining one of those seats to leave the Senate in the hands of the Dems (at 50-50) since Biden casts the tiebreaker.

If anything these polls are showing that the trend towards a slow gradual acceptance of Obamacare is in the works. How much impact it will have by November remains to be seen. But it is foolish to ignore this canary in the coal mine in my opinion.

And-----and Republican popularity is less than, i.e. < half the popularity of Obamacare.

Forum List

Back