Obamacare and the price of gorceries

How many right wing anti abortion people are ready to pay the taxes for raising unwanted children in the foster care or welfare system or for the special education classes they need because they grow up in abusive homes or for the legal system costs when they break the law or go to prison? The irony is that you are the fascists. How many of you are willing to pay the higher insurance costs and higher taxes for health care when people who abuse their bodies need health care? You can't have it both ways.

The irony is you insist you have a right to dictate to me what I do with my body while insisting that I cannot reciprocate.

Think about that for a while, then come back, apologize, and demand an end to Obamacare.

This is a chronic type of response from the right (whether you call yourself a Republican or not, your rhetoric is right wing extremism): constantly using hyperbole and over simplification. And, as well, turning everything into a blame Obama fest.

Just as no one is proposing 'taking away our guns,' no one is "dictating" to you what you do with your body. Putting informative labels on foods is not dictacting anything; it is informing. No one will be forced to read the labels. No one will be forced to choose only certain products from the salad bar.

You accuse a person you just labelled a right wing extremist of simplification? Are you sure you want to actually try to argue with someone who is capable of not only of opposing your arguments, but of articulating your position better than you can?

The regulations are not about putting nutritional information on foods. They are about requiring every grocery store to test every fruit and vegetable they use to make salads, precisely measure their individual weights, and give precise information on the calorie and fat content within them.

What this will mean is that, if you go into a Safeway to buy a salad, they will not only be prepackaged offsite, not prepared fresh. they will be less likely to use local produce, and you will have fewer choices about what is, and is not, in that salad.

I can find plenty of left wing moonbats who oppose the way the government is intruding on the way they eat. The only people I ever meet that see this as a partisan issue are the ignorant people who think they are smarter than anyone else.

Apparently our benevolent, all knowing, father is not satisfied with driving up the cost of health care, so he has passed down the word that we need to drive up the price of the salad bar in the grocery store.

If the Food and Drug Administration gets its way, your trip to the grocery store could get a tad pricier.
Supermarket owners argue a pending federal food-labeling rule that stems from the new health care law would overburden thousands of grocers and convenience store owners -- to the tune of $1 billion in the first year alone.
Store owner Tom Heinen said the industry's profit margins already are razor thin. "When you incur a significant cost, there is no way that that doesn't get passed on to the customer in some form," he said.
The rule stems from an ObamaCare mandate that restaurants provide nutrition information on menus. Most in the restaurant industry were supportive of the idea, but when the FDA decided to extend the provision to also affect thousands of supermarkets and convenience stores, the backlash was swift.
The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.

God I thank you for this bubble cons live in, thank you.

The bubble is surrounding you, not me.

I live in San Franciso, which was home to the largest underground farmer's market in the country before the state stepped in and shut it down to protect people from the dangerous food that was being prepared by unlicensed vendors. They did this even though no one ever got sick as a result of eating there.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure San Francisco is not famous for its right wing politics, yet they fought long, and hard, to keep that market open.

They also pan to find a way to bring it back.

Yet I, because I realize that this is not a right/left issue, live in a bubble.

Obesity does not "reduce overall health care spending." Where did you get that 'fact'? Please cite the source.

Obesity is one of the major causes of health problems in the US. It is directly related to diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. It is also related to arthritis and other joint problems, and many other problems.

"If you are obese and have unhealthy eating or activity habits, you have a higher risk for gallstones, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and triglycerides, coronary artery disease (CAD), a stroke, and sleep apnea, among other conditions." Obesity-Health Risks of Obesity

I talk about the statistical impact of obesity on total health care spending, and you reply with an article about how obesity negatively impacts an individuals health.

They are tow separate, and unequal, things.
LOL No they are not two separate things at all! If people have health problems, such as stroke, diabetes, heart disease, heart attack, joint problems, arthritis, etc., they are going to need medical care, which, obviously, will impact total healthh care spending. Obesity can also lead to liver failure, which means more liver transplants. Obesity leads to more liver disease than alcohol. How much more obvious does it get?

Obesity Leads to More Liver Disease Than Alcohol

I can keep this up a lot longer than you can.

Here is a study that is published in Journal of the American Medical Association that shows that that people in the normal range of BMI are more likely to die that people who are overweight. It received praise for being the largest study yet on the relation of BMI and mortality.

JAMA Network | JAMA | Association of All-Cause Mortality With Overweight and Obesity Using Standard Body Mass Index CategoriesA Systematic Review and Meta-analysisAll-Cause Mortality Using BMI Categories

Almost everything you are sure about is wrong.

Obama did this with Fast Food businesses last year. He's driving up prices any way he can.

It is truly terrifying to think that American consumers might be better informed about what they are eating.

Hitler was all about listing ingredients.

Hitler was a psychotic vegetarian.

That's true - I believe he had what these would be called Irritated Bowel Syndrome. Perhaps he would have backed labeling, in that case!!

It is our business what other people eat because poor eating habits lead to health problems which cause higher health care costs which everyone pays for. ...

This is why libertarians are opposed to safety nets and state welfare. It's not because we are stingy and don't want to help people in need. It's because these programs are inevitably used by fascists as an excuse to control people.

If you don't like that 'your tax dollars' are going to finance someone else's bad habits, then change that law that makes that happen. Don't use it as an excuse to micro-manage the lives of others.

Using your logic, there should be no seatbelts or seatbelt laws, no laws about using cell phones while driving, no restrictions on alcohol consumption before driving, no restrictions on drugs, no child labor laws, no fireworks laws, no laws of any kind involving personal safety. No warnings on cigarettes. No luggage checks when you fly. No laws requiring children to go to school
... dogs and cats, living together. Mass hysteria.

At the same time you don't want to pay the taxes to support anything that has to pick up after people who cause mayhem in our society.

You'll have to pin that one on someone else. I actually think taxes should be raised, across the board, until we're ALL actually paying for the government we're voting for. Then maybe we can have a sober discussion on how much we really want.

You want one of those societies like Victorian England or France before the revolution where the majority lived in poverty, abuse, squalor and desperation, like animals, while the few at the top lived in luxury and indolence. Do you actually think in a society like that the likes of you would be at the top? The vast majority of all of us would be at the bottom, including you guys. ...

If you could stow the hyperbole and over-simplification for a bit, you might be surprised at what I want. It's nothing like the ridiculous cartoon you're constructing.

The irony is you insist you have a right to dictate to me what I do with my body while insisting that I cannot reciprocate.

Think about that for a while, then come back, apologize, and demand an end to Obamacare.

This is a chronic type of response from the right (whether you call yourself a Republican or not, your rhetoric is right wing extremism): constantly using hyperbole and over simplification. And, as well, turning everything into a blame Obama fest.

Just as no one is proposing 'taking away our guns,' no one is "dictating" to you what you do with your body. Putting informative labels on foods is not dictacting anything; it is informing. No one will be forced to read the labels. No one will be forced to choose only certain products from the salad bar.

You accuse a person you just labelled a right wing extremist of simplification? Are you sure you want to actually try to argue with someone who is capable of not only of opposing your arguments, but of articulating your position better than you do?
Very amusing. Screech a little louder. Puff yourself up real big. That is what baboons do to draw attention to their so well articulated arguments, right? LMAO:rolleyes:

You accuse a person you just labelled a right wing extremist of simplification? Are you sure you want to actually try to argue with someone who is capable of not only of opposing your arguments, but of articulating your position better than you do?
Very amusing. Screech a little louder. Puff yourself up real big. That is what baboons do to draw attention to their so well articulated arguments, right? LMAO:rolleyes:

Let's find out if I am right, I am calling you out on who can best argue the other side of the debate.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-bull-ring/277873-calling-out-esmerelda.html#post6796459

Forum List

Back