Obamacare has Death Panels

Roo, you seem to be unaware that every exclusions page has a statement to the effect, "Treatment or supplies not medically necessary."

Death panel!!! :lol:

Please explain how a private insurance underwriter is not a death panel while a government one is. Please explain how a government insurance plan can function without underwriting the way private insurance does. What magical new reform would you expect from government health insurance to replace insurance underwriting procedures that have been around for centuries?

What a maroon.

You don't know shit about insurance.

There are TWO relevant sections within an insurance policy, the Declaration Page which says what they WILL do, and the exclusion page which says what they WON'T do.

NO company can DENY any treatment unless stipulated by the Policy OR fraud has been committed by the insurered in a non disclosure sense.

Wow. I guess you thought big red letters were evidence!

Your insurance company is not going to pay for treatments which have no efficacy. That's a simple fact. And that is what you rubes are calling "death panels" when the government takes the exact same common sense approach.

Poor g, I know that facts are lost on you. You are no more than a hack.

Blue Cross Blue Shield lured me from retirement to help with this shit....so pardon me if I laugh at your idiocy.

The Exclusion pages have ALREADY spelled out what WILL be covered and what won't.

Treatments that show no efficacy would never have been considered anyway, nor submitted for coverage.

You are in over your head here kid.

Roo, you seem to be unaware that every exclusions page has a statement to the effect, "Treatment or supplies not medically necessary."

(smile) Poor g......hence they never enter into this discussion as anything but a red herring from partisan hacks.

The IPAB has the power to STOP treatment that has been ongoing, an insurance company does not.(unless FRAUD has been committed)

Careful, you're dealing with the genius who thought every insurer in the exchanges has to sell at the same price and that the public option is real thing that actually exists.

He don't read so good.

Sure, it has those powers, and it will have to power to deny coverage to people. It will be a death panel. That's only common sense.

Please explain how a private insurance underwriter is not a death panel while a government one is. Please explain how a government insurance plan can function without underwriting the way private insurance does. What magical new reform would you expect from government health insurance to replace insurance underwriting procedures that have been around for centuries?

(sigh) I'll go VERY slowly for you.......

The IPAB board can and is empowered to make decisions insitu DURING the course of treatment at will...an underwriter cannot UNLESS fraud has been committed.

I will go very slowly for you...

Nope. You are wrong.

From Section 1818:

The proposal shall not include any recommendation
to ration health care
, raise revenues or
Medicare beneficiary premiums under section 1818,
1818A, or 1839, increase Medicare beneficiary costsharing
(including deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments),
or otherwise restrict benefits or modify eligibility
criteria.

Roo, I defy you to quote the part of the ACA which says the IPAB can cut off treatment in situ.

Last edited:

(smile) Poor g......hence they never enter into this discussion as anything but a red herring from partisan hacks.

The IPAB has the power to STOP treatment that has been ongoing, an insurance company does not.(unless FRAUD has been committed)

Then you should have no trouble quoting the part of the legislation which says that. I have already quoted the part which says they cannot.

Last edited:
[Bhttp://waysandmeans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=283271][/B]

You read it, if you can.

In what you think is the ACA (H.R.4872 (Just for ole Greenbeard)), there isn't any Independent Payment Advisory Board.

So what's the deal? Are you a moron who doesn't even know what the ACA is and couldn't look up its provisions if he tried, or does the IPAB not exist?

Don't answer, rhetorical question! :laugh:

(smile) So you don't believe Howard Dean?

You said you were an expert on this. Called out of retirement, and all that. So show us, expert.

And this is the part where Roo usually begins backpedaling.

What a maroon.

There are TWO relevant sections within an insurance policy, the Declaration Page which says what they WILL do, and the exclusion page which says what they WON'T do.

NO company can DENY any treatment unless stipulated by the Policy OR fraud has been committed by the insurered in a non disclosure sense.

That is total bs. Your insurance company can deny ANY TREATMENT if it can rationally demonstrate a different, cheaper, treatment is equally effective in treating a covered med condition. That's HC 101.

You are ignorant and full of shit.

"The IPAB is essentially a health-care rationing body. By setting doctor reimbursement rates for medicare and determing which procedures and drugs will be covered and at what price, the IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them.

---Howard Dean, former DNC Chair (7/29/2013)

Looks like another broken promise. What do we do now?

Arizona Death Panels Rack Up Their Second Victim. Gov. Brewer Says Feds Need To Send More Money!

AZ Governor Jan Brewer’s Death Panels Claim Their First Victim

You're a little late. Republicans started "death panels" years ago. Where do you think "let him die" comes from? Sheesh!

What a maroon.

That is total bs. Your insurance company can deny ANY TREATMENT if it can rationally demonstrate a different, cheaper, treatment is equally effective in treating a covered med condition. That's HC 101.

At least I'm not just shit, like you.

At least I'm not just shit, like you.

Ypu simply have no idea as to what you are talking about, you are completely ignorant on the subject.

You said you were an expert on this. Called out of retirement, and all that. So show us, expert.

I have no reason to backpedal g...and you've never made me backpedal :)

The IPAB is taked with controlling costs by LAW ;)

The make an edict...it becomes Law.....it takes a major act of congress to overturn their edict and congress has until AUGUST of that current year to over turn it...if they don't Sebelious is REQUIRED by law to implement it.

At implementation everything stops.

Sorry g....pound sand....its all there to read ;)

Where do you think "let him die" comes from? Sheesh!

I can tell you exactly where that erroneous meme comes from.

That meme was started during the GOP presidential primary debates. Ron Paul was asked a question.

It was this: "A healthy, 30-year-old young man has a good job, makes a good living, but decides: 'You know what? I'm not going to spend 200 or 300 dollars a month for health insurance, because I'm healthy; I don't need it.' But you know, something terrible happens; all of a sudden, he needs it. Who's going to pay for it, if he goes into a coma, for example? Who pays for that?"

Understand? The question was not about someone who has cancer. It was not about some indigent who is sick.

It was about someone who could afford insurance who chose not to buy it.

So, if you wish to be accurate, the GOP plan is to let people choose whether or not to buy insurance for themselves, and suffer the consequences of the decisions they made under their own power.

After Ron Paul pointed this out, Blitzer then said, ““But Congressman, are you saying that society should just let him die?”

An audience member then shouted, "Yeah.”

But, and here comes the important part, RON PAUL DID NOT SAY THAT. In fact, he said society should NOT allow the man to die. He just said the answer to the healthcare problem was not a large government.

Some dickhead brainless fuck then started the meme that the GOP plan was to let sick people die.

Blitzer's question reveals he plainly wants a single payer plan so you don't have to end up in a situation where you pay the price for your avoidable fuckups.

In Blitzer's mind, you should not have to depend on yourself to make the right decisions. You should let the goverment make those decisions for you. When you depend on the government, you can be as much of an irresponsible jackass as your heart desires. The government should always be there to catch you.

That's the Democratic plan for everything. Not just healthcare.

I have no reason to backpedal g...and you've never made me backpedal :)

The IPAB is taked with controlling costs by LAW ;)

The make an edict...it becomes Law.....it takes a major act of congress to overturn their edict and congress has until AUGUST of that current year to over turn it...if they don't Sebelious is REQUIRED by law to implement it.

At implementation everything stops.

Sorry g....pound sand....its all there to read ;)

I see words, but none of them from the legislation to back up the claim you made. Because they aren't there.

Ipse dixit.

In what you think is the ACA (H.R.4872 (Just for ole Greenbeard)), there isn't any Independent Payment Advisory Board.

So what's the deal? Are you a moron who doesn't even know what the ACA is and couldn't look up its provisions if he tried, or does the IPAB not exist?

Don't answer, rhetorical question! :laugh:

Oh Greenie....does it exist, or doesn't it?

Forum List

Back