Obamacare

Since obamycare I can no longer afford to go to doctor.

From your own posts, you got a sweet ride for quite some time. The Republicans would say you should have saved money then.
If the government would leave my insurance alone I wouldn't have to save nothing I would have the good insurance that I was paying for.

Since obamycare I can no longer afford to go to doctor.

From your own posts, you got a sweet ride for quite some time. The Republicans would say you should have saved money then.
If the government would leave my insurance alone I wouldn't have to save nothing I would have the good insurance that I was paying for.

You go ahead and keep blaming the government for your employer's decision. At your age, people without employer-provided insurance would be paying up to 10x as much as you were paying for a lot less coverage.

Getting back to the OP - I'm reminded of my thinking when Obama was elected. I'd spent years protesting, blogging, and arguing against the PATRIOT Act, and while I'd long ago given up on voting for either of the two major parties, I found some small seed of hope in Obama's victory. I knew we'd get lots of statist nonsense, but I thought there was at least some chance that a new president and a new party might reverse some of the damage done by the neo-cons.

Of course I couldn't have been more wrong. Over the next two terms I watched Obama double down on all the worst aspects of the PATRIOT Act. He eagerly reached for the new power the law provided and not only continued ramping up the growth of the surveillance state, but accelerated it. He created an administration even less transparent and even more vindictive and controlling than Bush. He vilified this century's most courageous whistle-blower, who should have been celebrated as a national hero.

My point here isn't to bash Obama. But he was in no way, shape or form an antidote to the authoritarian policies of the Bush administration. Those of you who think the Republicans will provide a similar 'cure' for ACA are tragically naive.

The opinion piece at your link makes one salient point: Some doctors have historically refused to accept Medicaid prior to the PPACA, and are continuing to do so post-PPACA.

Would you recommend forcing doctors to accept Medicaid patients?

BTW, since your OP suggests "electing it out," which candidate do you believe has the best substitute?

The opinion piece at your link makes one salient point: Some doctors have historically refused to accept Medicaid prior to the PPACA, and are continuing to do so post-PPACA.

BTW, since your OP suggests "electing it out," which candidate do you believe has the best substitute?
My Plan To Fix Health Care
How about this

^Interesting. Not sure how he'd get Congress on his side with this, but it's a lot more substantive than Trump's empty promises.

My Plan To Fix Health Care
How about this
Tax incentives for buying insurance are no different than penalties for not.

Do we need another failed political fanticy like Obamacare shoved on us

The plan you linked to is, essentially, another political fantasy like Obamacare. And it's exactly what the Republicans will serve up as an "alternative" to ACA, if we're dumb enough to elect them.

The plan you linked to is, essentially, another political fantasy like Obamacare. And it's exactly what the Republicans will serve up as an "alternative" to ACA, if we're dumb enough to elect them.
Not exactly

Not exactly

It's rebranding the same basic idea. It replaces mandates with tax incentives which is the same thing under a different name.

Not exactly

It's rebranding the same basic idea. It replaces mandates with tax incentives which is the same thing under a different name.

Actually, re-reading, it's worse. It leaves the mandate in place, but removes guaranteed issue. That's insane.

Rubio's plan is pretty much a fantasy if he can't get both Congress and the insurers to go along with it. :shrug:
So why don't we make the gov't stay outta the insurance business

Will you refuse Medicare when you turn 65?

Rubio's plan is pretty much a fantasy if he can't get both Congress and the insurers to go along with it. :shrug:

I've been paying for that every week

I've been paying for that every week

But its government insurance. Surely as a protest you'd want to refuse to accept it.

Not exactly

Actually, re-reading, it's worse. It leaves the mandate in place, but removes guaranteed issue. That's insane.
The only guarantees you have with Obama are is you will pay the high premiums. There is no guarantee if you have a claim it won't be denied.

Forum List

Back