Biden to ban medical debt from going on credit reports

I do not. The few people I known with medical debt they cannot hope to pay off just ride out the 7 years it haunts them on their credit report.

I knew a guy in his 20s without insurance that developed Crohn disease and spent 7 days in the hospital getting it under control and treating the other issues it caused by not being treated early.

His bill for it all was close to a half a million dollars. A 10 year payment plan with zero interest puts the payments at more than 4 grand a month.

He has no other bad marks on his credit report. But this being on his credit report has kept him from being hired at certain jobs.

I would have far preferred he addressed the reason for such medical debt.

Patching up 4000 shooting victims in CHI alone annually? Multiply by 50 large cities with similar numbers? DEMS screwed up American Blacks. You own that also 100% you clownarse.

Odd that people in most every other first world country doesn't have this issue then.

They probably allow all of the most costly to simply perish while waiting treatment. But for the rich elite of course.

She should have been covered. 10K for 3 hours in an ER should also be criminal.

Illegals Emergency room is costly for those Americans with jobs or between jobs.
Illegals and gangbangers get fixed up for free without delay anytime anywhere.
So your charges have to be excessive to allow the Emergency room to remain open.
but you know all of this?

This isn't going to "improve" anyone's chances to borrow money for a home or car at all.

Banks will just require more collateral and cosigners and be more reluctant to loan money to people without such guarantees.

Someone who robs a hospital stands a lot better chance of cheating other creditors.

Good. Way too much easy credit out there, and it causes massive inflation and debt. Having to have a 5 to 7 year loan on a car is just ludicrous, and even more ludicrous is 30 year mortgages on houses, which of course younger generations can't even afford those. And right wingers are just as oblivious to this reality and left wingers are, so they have nothing on Biden.

So lenders (banks) will have to make uninformed decisions. Then the government will have to bail out the banks.

And people will just stop paying medical bills unless they have attachable assets.

This is just another "loan bailout" to buy votes. And it will increase the load on those who are responsible.

Besides, how can there be any medical debt after ObamaCare?

Jeez.....Who do I short on this one to make money?

This is already basically in place on consumer loans. The newer FICO models don't place hardly any weight on medical collections. And creditors don't much care about them.

I do not. The few people I known with medical debt they cannot hope to pay off just ride out the 7 years it haunts them on their credit report.

I knew a guy in his 20s without insurance that developed Crohn disease and spent 7 days in the hospital getting it under control and treating the other issues it caused by not being treated early.

His bill for it all was close to a half a million dollars. A 10 year payment plan with zero interest puts the payments at more than 4 grand a month.

He has no other bad marks on his credit report. But this being on his credit report has kept him from being hired at certain jobs.
If I were to counsel someone on their credit, I would suggest they never pay a single dime to medical debt, if they don't have money to burn.

Not only do they pull it off, they spend far less per capita on healthcare than the US
Sorry. I don't want government controlling health care. Period. It's not necessary. It's just a lot of power focused in one place, so ambitious politicians really, really want it to happen.

Sorry. I don't want government controlling health care. Period. It's not necessary. It's just a lot of power focused in one place, so ambitious politicians really, really want it to happen.

The Govt does not have to control it

The Govt does not have to control it

If the government is paying for healthcare, they are controlling it. A bureaucrap says you aren't going to get Ozempic, you don't get it.

BTW, the largest market share by far for new, life saving drugs, is almost always for America.

Which is what happens now, except the bureaucrat is paid by the insurance companies to tell you no.

That's just not true. The only thing the insurance company controls is what they will pay for. You can buy your own pills and have the relief to sue the insurance company if you disagree and think it should be covered.

That's just not true. The only thing the insurance company controls is what they will pay for. You can buy your own pills and have the relief to sue the insurance company if you disagree and think it should be covered.

If you can't afford the treatment you can't afford the lawyer and lawsuits take years. By then you are dead.

Forum List

Back