Obamagas to drop below $2 a gallon nationwide

"Lowest in 8 years" is another way of saying this recession lasted 8 years. Obama tried to drive the price of oil up by reducing drilling permits, so he deserves some of the blame. He did nothing to lower the price of oil. Technology did that. Only a moron or a lying partisan would claim he deserves any of the credit.
I've heard here many times from rightwongers that the president is responsible for what is going on in this country but when something good came out. No he is not responsible. Crap.

ItsaJokeSon.jpg~c200

Daily reality cheque: This entire thread is two thousand posts of a Mitt Romney punch line.
ba_dum__ching_by_draygone.gif

Please refrain from ruining my fun

They seem to be immune to the fourth wall stage whisper. Goes right under their heads.

I keep trying to bury this thread....it was played out six months ago

But the stupidity keeps pulling me back
You're the source of all the stupidity. Just leave and the stupid will go away.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nah, they're not gonna do that. That idea's been bouncing around like ten years. It can't work. They would have to reverse-engineer 250 million vehicles with GPS devices and then hire spies to crunch the numbers. Ain't gonna happen.

Of course it's not going to happen! :lmao:

Oregon preps program to swap mileage tax for gas tax

Motorcoach and trucking companies have been paying mileage based taxes for years. They track their mileage. It is pretty easy, they read the odometer at the beginning of the year and read the odometer at the end of the year. A lot simpler than the motor coach and trucking industry. With electronic GPS, they can start putting the, in the vehicle and have them either fitted or manually tracked.

In effect, isn't a mileage tax the same as a gas tax?
The amount of gas tax you pay is directly dependent on the mileage you drive

That's what it comes down to -- it's just waaaaaaaaaaay more complicated to start tracing where everybody goes... than to simply tax them where they fuel. It's a ten-year Duh moment.

Not really. You must tax at every pump and have every gas station owner forward the money
Its not that complicated to record how much mileage you drove this year and send in a check when you register your car
How does the government know you're telling the truth? My check would be for $0.00 if there was no enforcement mechanism.

Let's say you claim zero miles for this year and the next five years. Then you sell the car and they see you have put 70,000 miles on the car when the title is transferred. You have a big payment due and some fines

Not if you have an electric car, more and more of which we are seeing on the roads.

That's why mileage taxes are gaining traction.
A mileage tax by definition means the government is tracking you.

Which Right-Wing candidate is coming out for that?
4i6Ckte.gif

They don't even want a national ID that would track illegals or eliminate the fictional "voter fraud".

At least three Transportation Secretaries in a row -- Ray LaHood, Norman Mineta and Samuel Skinner (all Republicans). LaHood brought it up in the first month of the O'bama Administration and was immediately shot down. The general VMT idea goes back to a Congressional bill -- either 2005 or 2006 if memory serves -- which commissioned the University of Iowa to do a study with volunteers in multiple areas. The elephant in that room is that it still requires every existing vehicle to be retrofitted with a spy device, and then for those numbers to be crunched. And even then it would presumably send a bill, like an income tax, after the fact, which of course requires even further resources for enforcement -- as opposed to a tax simply built-in (and already built-in) right at the point of sale.

And all of this is to avoid simply raising fuel taxes to meet needs --- which used to be commonplace. Kind of the Grover Norquist poopyhead approach.
All three were appointed. I'm talking about Republican candidates for office - none of them is going to propose that the government track everyone's mileage aka whereabouts.

Not if you have an electric car, more and more of which we are seeing on the roads.

4i6Ckte.gif

They don't even want a national ID that would track illegals or eliminate the fictional "voter fraud".
I am very much against a mileage tax, precisely because of its Big Brother characteristics.
And you're not even a full-on wingnut! Can you imaging how the teabaggers would react? Alex Jones' head would explode!
4i6Ckte.gif

Motorcoach and trucking companies have been paying mileage based taxes for years. They track their mileage. It is pretty easy, they read the odometer at the beginning of the year and read the odometer at the end of the year. A lot simpler than the motor coach and trucking industry. With electronic GPS, they can start putting the, in the vehicle and have them either fitted or manually tracked.

That's what it comes down to -- it's just waaaaaaaaaaay more complicated to start tracing where everybody goes... than to simply tax them where they fuel. It's a ten-year Duh moment.

Not really. You must tax at every pump and have every gas station owner forward the money
Its not that complicated to record how much mileage you drove this year and send in a check when you register your car
How does the government know you're telling the truth? My check would be for $0.00 if there was no enforcement mechanism.

Let's say you claim zero miles for this year and the next five years. Then you sell the car and they see you have put 70,000 miles on the car when the title is transferred. You have a big payment due and some fines
No one would ever lend anyone their car again.

4i6Ckte.gif

At least three Transportation Secretaries in a row -- Ray LaHood, Norman Mineta and Samuel Skinner (all Republicans). LaHood brought it up in the first month of the O'bama Administration and was immediately shot down. The general VMT idea goes back to a Congressional bill -- either 2005 or 2006 if memory serves -- which commissioned the University of Iowa to do a study with volunteers in multiple areas. The elephant in that room is that it still requires every existing vehicle to be retrofitted with a spy device, and then for those numbers to be crunched. And even then it would presumably send a bill, like an income tax, after the fact, which of course requires even further resources for enforcement -- as opposed to a tax simply built-in (and already built-in) right at the point of sale.

And all of this is to avoid simply raising fuel taxes to meet needs --- which used to be commonplace. Kind of the Grover Norquist poopyhead approach.
All three were appointed. I'm talking about Republican candidates for office - none of them is going to propose that the government track everyone's mileage aka whereabouts.

Oh hell no, not as candidates. They wait until they're safely ensconced, then they shrug and go, "duh, we don't know what else to do".

Thanks for the opportunity to use the word ensconced. I feel illuminative.

I've heard here many times from rightwongers that the president is responsible for what is going on in this country but when something good came out. No he is not responsible. Crap.

ItsaJokeSon.jpg~c200

Daily reality cheque: This entire thread is two thousand posts of a Mitt Romney punch line.

They seem to be immune to the fourth wall stage whisper. Goes right under their heads.

Stupidity?

I'm not the idiot taking this thread seriously.

ItsaJokeSon.jpg~c200

Stupidity?

Neither am I, moron. However, the reason anyone takes it seriously is because you are stupid enough to believe the idiocies you post.

What if you move to another state?

Stupidity?

Neither am I, moron. However, the reason anyone takes it seriously is because you are stupid enough to believe the idiocies you post.

Did I tell you about how Obama controls the cost of Obamagas through a switch on his desk?

Thanks President Obama

What if you move to another state?
Will you get a new title and registration?

Stupidity?

Did I tell you about how Obama controls the cost of Obamagas through a switch on his desk?

Thanks President Obama

Did I tell you the orderlies at your institution are looking for you?

National gas prices to soon fall below 2

Nationally, regular unleaded gasoline currently averages about $2.12 a gallon, down 46 cents from just four weeks ago and $1.01 cheaper than year-ago levels.
Gas prices are also expected to fall more than previously forecast for the full year

Not bad for a community organizer

What did he do....take the cork out of his ass?

Please refrain from modifying my quotes

That constitutes a USMB Class II violation punishable by your being reported to the Internet Police

Every republican from Nixon to present raised gas prices & lowered US Oil production. Carter & Obama increased US Oil production.

Reagan raised gas prices? If you don't call, oil was approaching $35/bbl when Reagan was inaugurated. Five years later the price went under $10/bbl.

chartoil-LG.gif

Notice the sharp increase under Carter.

Almost everything liberals say is a lie.

Forum List

Back