Obama's Budget: Bad Math, Phantom Revenues, Imagined Spending Cuts And More Taxes

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
The original Star Trek series include an episode called "The Squire of Gothos", in which an "omnipotent" being torments the crew. In the end, we discover that Squire Trelane is actually the naughty child of two adult versions of his species, who take him away for misbehaving.

Our President Who Would Be King often reminds me of Squire Trelane. His irresponsible, unserious budget is yet another impetus for this sentiment.

What a horror. We've had no serious, responsible budget proposals for Obama during his entire presidency. This newest offering is no better.

-White House promises $1.8 trillion in deficit reduction, although similar previous claims have been debunked

-New method of measuring cost-of-living increases will lower benefit payouts and push middle-class earners into higher tax brackets

-Speaker Boehner's spokesperson: 'Any deficit reduction will come exclusively from tax hikes'

-Administration's formula depends on cost savings from Obamacare, which may be more costly to implement than previously thought...

Obama 2014 budget analysis: Numbers based on imagined spending cuts and a middle-class tax hike | Mail Online

I found this news in my "entertainment" feed. Which I believe is quite fitting. Tax and spend LOLberals will tax and spend. It's what they do. The dishonesty about "no tax hikes" is par for the course in the LOLberal axiom. It's always tell them one thing, and do the exact opposite after they are onboard.

You can not fix stupid.

Yup and just wait till Obamacare hits us in 2014.

I think all those idiots who voted that fuck back into the WH are gonna be regretting their stupidity big time.

Talk about new taxes. Twenty one taxes in that bill.

The middle class really gets slammed with taxes in this one. But that was the objective all along.

While Obama holds parties, vacations, and golfs, the rest of us are supposed to pay more and more and more to support the Ruling Elite's lifestyles.

I fully expect that Michelle will start advocating that the masses stop eating FOOD, and be allocated Soylent in order to save money:

How I Stopped Eating Food

Food is the fossil fuel of human energy. It is an enormous market full of waste, regulation, and biased allocation with serious geo-political implications. And we're deeply dependent on it. In some countries people are dying of obesity, others starvation. In my own life I resented the time, money, and effort the purchase, preparation, consumption, and clean-up of food was consuming. I am pretty young, generally in good health, and remain physically and mentally active. I don't want to lose weight. I want to maintain it and spend less energy getting energy.

I hypothesized that the body doesn't need food itself, merely the chemicals and elements it contains. So, I resolved to embark on an experiment. What if I consumed only the raw ingredients the body uses for energy? Would I be healthier or do we need all the other stuff that's in traditional food? If it does work, what would it feel like to have a perfectly balanced diet? I just want to be in good health and spend as little time and money on food as possible.

I haven't eaten a bite of food in 30 days, and it's changed my life.

The Experiment

There are no meats, fruits, vegetables, or breads here. Besides olive oil for fatty acids and table salt for sodium and chloride nothing is recognizable as food. I researched every substance the body needs to survive, plus a few extras shown to be beneficial, and purchased all of them in nearly raw chemical form from a variety of sources. The section on the ingredients ended up being quite long so I'll save that for a future post. The first morning my kitchen looked more like a chemistry lab than a cookery, but I eventually ended up with an thick, odorless, beige liquid. I call it 'Soylent'. At the time I didn't know if it was going to kill me or give me superpowers. I held my nose and tepidly lifted it to my mouth, expecting an awful taste....

How I Stopped Eating Food : Mostly Harmless

Forum List

Back