Obama's Christmas present

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Obama: Longest U.S. war is over. So he marks end of combat in Afghanistan.
Obama marks end of combat in Afghanistan - CNN.com
Thirteen years and more than 2,000 American casualties after it began, the war in Afghanistan will conclude responsibly, President Barack Obama said on Sunday.
In a written statement marking the formal end of U.S. combat there, Obama said the remaining 10,000 or so American troops in Afghanistan would still face danger but that the longest U.S. war ever was now history.
Currently on vacation with his family in Hawaii, the President used a Christmas address to Marines stationed on Oahu to hail the achievements of the U.S. military in Afghanistan, asserting the U.S. is safer because of the effort there.

However BBC called this transition "formal".
BBC News - Nato marks transition to new Afghanistan mission
Is it a good present for the US nation?
obama-claus1.png

Nice to have a Dictator. I don't want to hear any bitching when A Republican President comes in and does the same thing.

You all ok'ed it with Obama so such is life

Nice to have a Dictator. I don't want to hear any bitching when A Republican President comes in and does the same thing.

So you think what Oblama has done is somehow different than what other presidents have done?

Thirteen years and more than 2,000 American casualties after it began, the war in Afghanistan will conclude responsibly, President Barack Obama said on Sunday.
In a written statement marking the formal end of U.S. combat there, Obama said the remaining 10,000 or so American troops in Afghanistan would still face danger but that the longest U.S. war ever was now history.
Currently on vacation with his family in Hawaii, the President used a Christmas address to Marines stationed on Oahu to hail the achievements of the U.S. military in Afghanistan, asserting the U.S. is safer because of the effort there.

obama-claus1.png

The graphic tells me that you are upset. Exactly what makes you upset?

Did you even read the OP? Can you comprehend it? Should we break it down into something more bite-sized for you?

Should have got the fuck out five years ago
Ya cause abandoning Iraq worked so well we should have done the same thing in Afghanistan.
We never should have gone into Iraq in the first place

Bush abandoning the war on terror in Afghanistan for a bungled Iraq invasion is the reason we spent 13 years there

obama-claus1.png

Why should I be happy?? Is it an ispirational news. I doubt it. 13 years of the senseless war make me upset. Have you seen the results of this war? What is it - a formal transition? Can you explain? I hope that you've understood it is "a present" in the title.

obama-claus1.png

Why should I be happy?? Is it an ispirational news. I doubt it. 13 years of the senseless war make me upset. Have you seen the results of this war? What is it - a formal transition? Can you explain? I hope that you've understood it is "a present" in the title.

First, to the title and the entire link: the word "present" is nowhere to be found. So, where did you get the idea of a "present"? Again, it is NOT in the link at all.

Second, would you prefer that we stay in Afghanistan?

Furthermore, the article is much more about NATO than about Pres. Obama. You do realize this, right.

Here, the subtitle:

Nato has formally ended its 13-year combat mission in Afghanistan - heralding the start of a new phase of support for local Afghan troops.

On the one sentence that I bolded, I agree with you to a certain degree. 7 of those 13 years were under the Bush administration, just to remind.

obama-claus1.png

First, to the title and the entire link: the word "present" is nowhere to be found. So, where did you get the idea of a "present"? Again, it is NOT in the link at all.

Furthermore, the article is much more about NATO than about Pres. Obama. You do realize this, right.

Here, the subtitle:

Nato has formally ended its 13-year combat mission in Afghanistan - heralding the start of a new phase of support for local Afghan troops.

On the one sentence that I bolded, I agree with you to a certain degree. 7 of those 13 years were under the Bush administration, just to remind.
I tried to empasize the word "present". Was this trasition an Obama's idea? Yes. It is up to me what title I give to my thread.
I prefer our forces to complete every mission they have started. Did you get something about success in the article?

obama-claus1.png

Here, the subtitle:

I tried to empasize the word "present". Was this trasition an Obama's idea? Yes. It is up to me what title I give to my thread.
I prefer our forces to complete every mission they have started. Did you get something about success in the article?

Sure, you can give your thread any title your little heart desires, but it is intellectually dishonest to make it appear as if that is an actual text within the link that you use to support your entire argument. Now, that was just a very polite way of saying that you shouldn't lie.

As far as (mission)sucess goes, I think you just brought up an excellent point. But how do you wish to measure success? Therein lies the rub.

obama-claus1.png

Here, the subtitle:

Sure, you can give your thread any title your little heart desires, but it is intellectually dishonest to make it appear as if that is an actual text within the link that you use to support your entire argument. Now, that was just a very polite way of saying that you shouldn't lie.

As far as (mission)sucess goes, I think you just brought up an excellent point. But how do you wish to measure success? Therein lies the rub.
How do you try convince me? Driving my nuts about the title?
This year has been the bloodiest in Afghanistan since 2001, with at least 4,600 members of the Afghan security forces dying in the fight against the Taliban.
It underscores the challenges that lie ahead of the Afghan security forces, our correspondent says.
Nearly 3,500 foreign troops have been killed since the beginning of the Nato mission.
Here is the measure of success. Are you still sure that Kabul is the most peaceful city? I bet you can't even point to it on the map.

Here, the subtitle:

This year has been the bloodiest in Afghanistan since 2001, with at least 4,600 members of the Afghan security forces dying in the fight against the Taliban.
It underscores the challenges that lie ahead of the Afghan security forces, our correspondent says.
Nearly 3,500 foreign troops have been killed since the beginning of the Nato mission.
Here is the measure of success. Are you still sure that Kabul is the most peaceful city? I bet you can't even point to it on the map.

This is the moment where a spell-checker could really help you, for the difference between "me" and "my" (which you inadvertantly wrote) is pretty damned funny...

Oh, and I know exactly where Kabul is. Along with at least 30 other important markers in Afghanistan. Never make assumptions about people.

Here, the subtitle:

This is the moment where a spell-checker could really help you, for the difference between "me" and "my" (which you inadvertantly wrote) is pretty damned funny...

Oh, and I know exactly where Kabul is. Along with at least 30 other important markers in Afghanistan. Never make assumptions about people.

I believe he's Russian. English is his second language. Interesting you noted the missing link on "present'... quite observant of you, Stat. Good on you.

Here, the subtitle:

I believe he's Russian. English is his second language. Interesting you noted the missing link on "present'... quite observant of you, Stat. Good on you.
I believe you are stupid. I've told you I am Polish. My Nick is Polish. I has nothing common with Russians and I am happy that I don't. Guess what is my the Mother tongue? You must not be a PhD to find an absence of the link.

I believe you are stupid. I've told you I am Polish. My Nick is Polish. I has nothing common with Russians and I am happy that I don't. Guess what is my the Mother tongue? You must not be a PhD to find an absence of the link.

Well, I do not see the connection with the title of thread, neither did Stat. Perhaps it is you that is mistaken. Do you have a PhD, Donald? What's the problem with Afghanistan? Are the Russians still upset they couldn't win over there? Guess what is your Mother tongue? I already did guess. Didn't I?

With Two Years Left, the Inflection Point of the Obama Presidency

PJ Media ^

The Revenge President The men behind Obama took a calculated gamble in 2008 that the nation was ready for the first post-American president, a man with no meaningful cultural roots in the nation he would profess to lead. They relied on the intrinsic good-heartedness of the electorate to show their lack of prejudice in voting for a man with an exotic Arabic/Muslim name only seven years after the atrocity of Sept. 11. They counted on the innate good will of the American people, judged that the time was right for a black president, and then went out and found the...

Forum List

Back