Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

We spent all day discussing hurt feelings over Bush.

Where do you get off?

My feelings weren't hurt...just showing it for the publicity stunt it was. But, of course....that one doesn't count, does it?

Duly noted.

I guess you feel one way and the most of the crew felt another way.

Who's feelings matter the most?

Bush showed his appreciation to the crew. They showed it back. That is what the president is supposed to do. Boost moral. He showed up at hundreds of funerals. How many has Obama been to? Instead he's been campaigning and fund-raising.

Seems all Obama wants to do is win re-election. Bush landed on that carrier during a non-election year. 2003. By 2004 it should have been just a memory. However James Carville and other Democrats saw it, knew what it meant, and set out to turn public opinion against the war. The media coverage was biased and intended to reverse the image that Bush portrayed on that carrier. You and other libs hated it so vehemently that they were willing to lie, to conspire, to plot, even to commit what bordered on treasonous acts.

I remember the 24/7 coverage of every single death in Iraq and Afghanistan. We heard from CBS radio every 15mins that another soldier was KIA. They're still dying at this writing, but you rarely hear about it anymore......so nobody cares. All they care about is birth control, Trayvan Martin, and Obama beating his chest about OBL. It's down right despicable. I talked to soldiers today and asked them what they thought. Well, they aren't allowed to voice their opinions, but you can tell they aren't thrilled with our current president.

Where do you get off?

My feelings weren't hurt...just showing it for the publicity stunt it was. But, of course....that one doesn't count, does it?

Duly noted.

Bush showed his appreciation to the crew. They showed it back. That is what the president is supposed to do. Boost moral. He showed up at hundreds of funerals. How many has Obama been to? Instead he's been campaigning and fund-raising.

Seems all Obama wants to do is win re-election. Bush landed on that carrier during a non-election year. 2003. By 2004 it should have been just a memory. However James Carville and other Democrats saw it, knew what it meant, and set out to turn public opinion against the war. The media coverage was biased and intended to reverse the image that Bush portrayed on that carrier. You and other libs hated it so vehemently that they were willing to lie, to conspire, to plot, even to commit what bordered on treasonous acts.

I remember the 24/7 coverage of every single death in Iraq and Afghanistan. We heard from CBS radio every 15mins that another soldier was KIA. They're still dying at this writing, but you rarely hear about it anymore......so nobody cares. All they care about is birth control, Trayvan Martin, and Obama beating his chest about OBL. It's down right despicable. I talked to soldiers today and asked them what they thought. Well, they aren't allowed to voice their opinions, but you can tell they aren't thrilled with our current president.

You know that....how?

Where do you get off?

Duly noted.

I guess it depends where you are. I live in San Diego...remember? We hear about and mourn every Marine death...many of them are out of Camp Pendleton just up the road. A CO of a helo squadron is my neighbor...he's over there for the FOURTH time.
So...look at you, making assumptions again based on your butthurt.

Obama inherited everything from Bush, except the intelligence. Yeah, take that how you wish.

Let's see now:

The Shrub promises that he's gonna hunt down and smoke out Bin Ladin, and that Bin Ladin is wanted dead or alive.

He then later disbands the special FBI unit set up specifically to find Bin Ladin. Then he says that Bin Ladin is essentially ineffective because Al Qaeda's command chain is severely broken.

Yet the country is CONSTANTLY being updated on terror threats and alerts regarding Al Qaida operatives and plots, with the occasional video release from Bin Ladin himself.

Obama comes into office, and RE-ESTABLISHES with Panetta the priority of finding and taking out Bin Ladin.

In the final consultation with all military and intelligence chiefs, Obama is told that the final assault may fail, as it may not be Bin Ladin at the target site or he might not be there.

The final decision was his, and Obama made the call to go ahead.

The result: Bin Ladin is killed....found with plans to warn his followers and operatives that Obama has developed a way to take them out (drones) and to move their locations.

And now we are left with a floundering neocon/teabagger punditry who are trying to make a President's role in such matters nearly unrequired while NOT looking lot hypocritical fools after rah-rahing the Shrub for pretending to be a fighter pilot and calling an end to major military operations YEARS before 4,000 dead and over 30,000 maimed USA soldiers started to happen.

Now we are stuck with a bunch of hypocritical Bush bumpkins wailing about 'politicizing' Bin Ladin's death, while trying to ignore recent history like Cheney saying if the GOP wasn't re-elected, we would be "hit" again.

Keep it up, my neocon/teabagger parrots....you're making Obama's re-election so much more easier.

Obama must be doing a pretty damned good job if his detractors have to invent garbage such as this thread.

On this particular incidence, Obama did great for the country....and that just drives the neocons and teabaggers right out of their willfully ignorant little minds! :lol:

Let's see now:

The Shrub promises that he's gonna hunt down and smoke out Bin Ladin, and that Bin Ladin is wanted dead or alive.

He then later disbands the special FBI unit set up specifically to find Bin Ladin. Then he says that Bin Ladin is essentially ineffective because Al Qaeda's command chain is severely broken.

Yet the country is CONSTANTLY being updated on terror threats and alerts regarding Al Qaida operatives and plots, with the occasional video release from Bin Ladin himself.

Obama comes into office, and RE-ESTABLISHES with Panetta the priority of finding and taking out Bin Ladin.

In the final consultation with all military and intelligence chiefs, Obama is told that the final assault may fail, as it may not be Bin Ladin at the target site or he might not be there.

The final decision was his, and Obama made the call to go ahead.

The result: Bin Ladin is killed....found with plans to warn his followers and operatives that Obama has developed a way to take them out (drones) and to move their locations.

And now we are left with a floundering neocon/teabagger punditry who are trying to make a President's role in such matters nearly unrequired while NOT looking lot hypocritical fools after rah-rahing the Shrub for pretending to be a fighter pilot and calling an end to major military operations YEARS before 4,000 dead and over 30,000 maimed USA soldiers started to happen.

Now we are stuck with a bunch of hypocritical Bush bumpkins wailing about 'politicizing' Bin Ladin's death, while trying to ignore recent history like Cheney saying if the GOP wasn't re-elected, we would be "hit" again.

Keep it up, my neocon/teabagger parrots....you're making Obama's re-election so much more easier.

Obama must be doing a pretty damned good job if his detractors have to invent garbage such as this thread.

If that's the case then Bush did a really good damned job X 10.

Damn, Mud! You need to get the crack out of your MudWhistle and deal with reality...because the Shrub FUCKED UP when it came to getting Bin Ladin. A matter of fact, a matter of history that you neocon/teabagger parrots are just losing feathers over! :lol:

I don't even have to see it because Obama said he wouldn't brag about it but then turned immediately around and did it again and again.

What a self-serving creep.

Mudwhistle is such an dishonest, intellectual coward!

He starts a thread where he makes ALL types of accusations and allegations....ALL of which are PROVEN ABSOLUTELY FALSE by the ABC report.

But rather than have the cojones to acknowledge, let alone ADMIT that he was wrong, Mudwhistle does the neocon "see no evil" monkey act and REFUSES TO READ THE INFORMATION THAT THE REST OF THE NATION WATCHED LAST NIGHT.

Then to add insult to injury, Mudwhistle makes YET ANOTHER FALSE ACCUSATION!

This is why neocons and teabaggers are fast becoming a fucking joke in this country....because their insipid stubborness and intellectual dishonesty is becoming so apparent that even the most ardent Republicans and conservatives are ashamed to publically side with them. :lol:

I don't even have to see it because Obama said he wouldn't brag about it but then turned immediately around and did it again and again.

He starts a thread where he makes ALL types of accusations and allegations....ALL of which are PROVEN ABSOLUTELY FALSE by the ABC report.

But rather than have the cojones to acknowledge, let alone ADMIT that he was wrong, Mudwhistle does the neocon "see no evil" monkey act and REFUSES TO READ THE INFORMATION THAT THE REST OF THE NATION WATCHED LAST NIGHT.

This is why neocons and teabaggers are fast becoming a fucking joke in this country....because their insipid stubborness and intellectual dishonesty is becoming so apparent that even the most ardent Republicans and conservatives are ashamed to publically side with them. :lol:
Obama has been failed by his own hubris.

Yeah, that must be why the SEALs are raising hell about him.

You have a quote of a SEAL criticizing Obama?

Do you know how to Google?

Ryan Zinke, a former Commander in the US Navy who spent 23 years as a SEAL and led a SEAL Team 6 assault unit, said: ‘The decision was a no brainer. I applaud him for making it but I would not overly pat myself on the back for making the right call.

‘I think every president would have done the same. He is justified in saying it was his decision but the preparation, the sacrifice - it was a broader team effort.’ Osama bin Laden death: SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit | Mail Online

And yet the ABC report DETAILS how Obama continuously gives credit to EVERY military and intelligence officer who worked with him for months...advising, explaining, planning. NEVER did Obama "pat himself on the back" and in the end, EVERYONE who said NO to this final plan proceeding were duly noted and taken under advisement...hell, even the Vice President was NOT in favor of this. Like it or not, the FINAL DECISION WAS OBAMA'S AND HE MADE THE CALL....THE RIGHT CALL.

For the neocon/teabagger driven GOP to trot out an ex-Navy Seal version of a Swift Boat clown is pathetic! Someone should clue in Zinke that the Shrub DID NOT make the right call when he had the chance! A matter of fact, a matter of history that Zinke would know if he didn't have some axe to grind about Obama (whatever that may be).

Again, a MAJOR FAIL for the neocon/teabagger propaganda machine! THEY ARE PISSED THAT THE SHRUB FAILED AND OBAMA SUCCEEDED IN RIDDING AMERICA OF THE MAN WHO KILLED OVER 3,000 PEOPLE. How messed up is that?

He was supposed to let everyone know what was up? Well, if I were a Republican and Obama was on the golf course, I'd be worried! :cool:

One thing we learned during Desert Storm....don't show your hand. They ARE watching.

Oh......that's what Obama is doing.

Not showing his hand.......tonight 8pm Eastern on NBC.

Bin Ladin is dead, you stupe! And the time table, preparations and contingency for Afghanistan sure beats the hell out of the "forever war" the Shrub & company had us locked into.

Mud is pissed that Obama got Bin Ladin. Boo-fucking-hoo! :lol:

Only in the insipidly stubborn and intellectually bankrupt little minds of folk like YOU, Annie.

I mean JEEZ, Obama gets the man responsible for 9/11 and all you and your dopey ass allies can do is squawk, "he's arrogant!", and then REPEAT failed accusations and IGNORE FACTS and testimony that doesn't agree with your animosity for the man. Do you truly understand how fucked up you are with that attitude Annie?

Only in the insipidly stubborn and intellectually bankrupt little minds of folk like YOU, Annie.

I mean JEEZ, Obama gets the man responsible for 9/11 and all you and your dopey ass allies can do is squawk, "he's arrogant!", and then REPEAT failed accusations and IGNORE FACTS and testimony that doesn't agree with your animosity for the man. Do you truly understand how fucked up you are with that attitude Annie?

Want cheese with that whine????

You on the left are still crying over Bush landing on that carrier. The only reason I said anything about Obama's classless victory-lap is because we never hear the end of your bawling about it.

A good example of how the Obama Administration works can be illustrated today.

Russia is threatening to carry out strikes against NATO defense sites.
Afghanistan is falling apart before our eyes.
Iraq is in turmoil.
China is pissed at us for accepting a well known blind Chinese dissent and threatening to cut fragile ties with our government.

What is Obama doing?

Campaigning.

That's it.

Who's running this government while Obama is eating hot-dogs and giving speeches?

Forum List

Back