Obama's policies

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Didn't Saddam Husseign have directives and policies that he implemented in his own country? There was a democratic body in place that made laws but since it became a dictatorship that democratic body became powerless in the eyes of the people because they knew who made the real 'policies' in that country. It kind of neutralized the democratic process that existed in that country and now I see that people are now beginning to except the dictatorship that is slowly evolving in this country. The president makes his policies such as declaring the border 'open' even though the 'policies' set by the legislative branch years ago never said such a thing. They actually written it down. It was called a law. What if the people begin to respect the president's 'policies' more than the 'policies' established by the legislative branch of this country? Wouldn't that render democracy mute in this country since the president's policies are supreme to everything else?

I don't want to be accused of being anti-obama because a very similar thing happen under Bush when he signed the patriot act. He took his own interpretation of the law and enforced it and everyone went along with it. I guess people were desperate then to find the terrorist so it was allowed to continue. Consider that it took a lot of time to craft a piece of legislation by the legislature what was the point of even doing so if Bush was just going to implement his own ideas in the first place?

I don't want to be accused of being anti-obama because a very similar thing happen under Bush when he signed the patriot act. He took his own interpretation of the law and enforced it and everyone went along with it.
Obama isn't interpreting the law, he's ignoring it entirely.

Didn't Saddam Husseign have directives and policies that he implemented in his own country? There was a democratic body in place that made laws but since it became a dictatorship that democratic body became powerless in the eyes of the people because they knew who made the real 'policies' in that country. It kind of neutralized the democratic process that existed in that country and now I see that people are now beginning to except the dictatorship that is slowly evolving in this country. The president makes his policies such as declaring the border 'open' even though the 'policies' set by the legislative branch years ago never said such a thing. They actually written it down. It was called a law. What if the people begin to respect the president's 'policies' more than the 'policies' established by the legislative branch of this country? Wouldn't that render democracy mute in this country since the president's policies are supreme to everything else?

I don't want to be accused of being anti-obama because a very similar thing happen under Bush when he signed the patriot act. He took his own interpretation of the law and enforced it and everyone went along with it. I guess people were desperate then to find the terrorist so it was allowed to continue. Consider that it took a lot of time to craft a piece of legislation by the legislature what was the point of even doing so if Bush was just going to implement his own ideas in the first place?
Declaring the border open? He never did that?

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't get it. You're a lying asswipe.

As you were.

The far right reactionaries are seeing the immense debacle awaiting Trump and his cult groupies. They are becoming frantic and it will grow only worse.

Now they are simply lying.

Congress is highly dysfunctional and can't agree on much of anything, so I'm ok with a President effectively saying "If you won't act, I will" and subjecting their initiatives to a decision by the courts.
The problem with that of course is if an ignorant douchebag like Trump, who has zero knowledge of the Constitution, gets into office, then it could be problematic.

Congress is highly dysfunctional and can't agree on much of anything, so I'm ok with a President effectively saying "If you won't act, I will" and subjecting their initiatives to a decision by the courts.
The problem with that of course is if an ignorant douchebag like Trump, who has zero knowledge of the Constitution, gets into office, then it could be problematic.

Why is democracy a problem?

Declaring the border open? He never did that?

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't get it. You're a lying asswipe.

As you were.

He won't because he isn't dumb enough to say it in public but when you refuse to enforce immigration laws then it seems to suggest that he is saying the immigration law in itself shouldn't exist at all. He doesn't say it because he knows he will get in trouble for it.

If the Congress will not in its authority act, the president by that inaction gains no additional authority to act for it, nor do the courts, since neither has the power to legislate.

If the people's representatives do not act, it is up to the people to convince them. In most issues, they will not, because the non-action of Congress already has the people's approval.

Forum List

Back