Obama's Politically Driven Airstrikes A Failure

Yeah Reagan's drive by bombings were most wasteful also...

Reagan didn't have to show bomb like Obama and Clinton because the world respected his word and his deed. They are laughing at Obama.
When they broke it off in Reagan's azz in Lebanon, I bet you were proud that day also...
No one broke anything off in anyone's azz that day you fing retard. A lot of brave Marines were killed by Muslim fanatics on that day, that same crap is still happening right now. I wonder when you will tire of it. I'm already tired of it. Bomb them until they say uncle. that is how you win a war.

On NPR they talked to one of the fighters in the city and he said the strikes are making a difference. The bombing has been extremely intense for the last three days. The bombing and the internal fighting in city may start to take a toll in ISIS soon. As long as their heavy equipment stays on the outskirts of the city, they will be destroyed.

On NPR they talked to one of the fighters in the city and he said the strikes are making a difference. The bombing has been extremely intense for the last three days. The bombing and the internal fighting in city may start to take a toll in ISIS soon. As long as their heavy equipment stays on the outskirts of the city, they will be destroyed.

NPR??? Please. They haven't told the truth since they became addicted to tax dollars. Listen...any airstrike will make a difference. When you kill bad guy's it helps weather it's from a plane or a hill top. I watched a bomber circle around the city near the Turkish border for 40 min looking for a target. If we had spotters ie boots on the ground it would be helpful to say the least.

Turkey, for instance, has enough military power to route ISIL easily. They just refuse to do so. Mostly because they consider the Kurds to be a bigger threat to them than ISIL.

Which is why they should be kicked out of NATO :thup:

Not really.

First, Most of NATO isn't getting in on this shit. We going to kick them all out?

Second, ISIL hasn't attacked Turkey or any other NATO member. Therefore, they aren't really under any obligation unless another treaty country is attacked.

YOu really didn't think this through, did you?

If I had been Obama and I wanted the Turks to involve themselves against ISIS I would have made it a very simple proposition...either you step up to the plate and fight against ISIS or the US will be supplying the Kurds in Iraq and Syria with heavy weapons to do so for you and then you will be left to deal with a heavily armed group that supports a separate Kurdish State.

We're already supplying the Kurds in Iraq with heavy weapons. We really can't threaten something we've already done.

"No Boots on the ground" what a joke. Without special forces targeting the enemy we are pinprick bombing blinds as ISIS advances. Obama acts as if he's actually doing something substantive, as he wastes time and money bombing pick up trucks and empty buildings ISIS advances:mad:....
Obabble will meet with ben affliack to discuss strategy after tonite's hollywood fund raiser...the man is a piece of shit.

Obama's plan worked perfectly! ISIS can defeat the Great Satan, consolidate their gains, then take Baghdad, Yemen and Saudi Arabia!

Obama has helped Islamic Jihad in ways the Jihadists never even dared to dream about!

IS had adapted and adjusted to air strikes, as predicted and expected. Target acquisition has been the problem at Kobane. IS has been very good at dispersing and hiding it's assets in the hills and gullies surrounding Kobane. That is why air strikes have been limited to mostly small targets such as single tanks, pick up trucks with mounted heavy machine guns and only small groups of infantry. That has changed, as was hoped, in the last few days. IS has had to replenish and reinforce their forces and at the same time concentrate them in small and tight areas as they converged and entered the city. This has created a target rich environment with Kobane Kurd defenders being able to transmit accurate location data. This is classic military strategy, draw the enemy into the open and surprise him with overwhelming bombardment. It may not save the city, but that is not the American roll or mission. The mission is to degrade IS. That is happening.

If I had been Obama and I wanted the Turks to involve themselves against ISIS I would have made it a very simple proposition...either you step up to the plate and fight against ISIS or the US will be supplying the Kurds in Iraq and Syria with heavy weapons to do so for you and then you will be left to deal with a heavily armed group that supports a separate Kurdish State.

We're already supplying the Kurds in Iraq with heavy weapons. We really can't threaten something we've already done.

Unless you count "Meals Ready to Eat" as heavy weapons we haven't been giving the Kurds diddly squat. First we didn't want to upset Maliki so arms had to go through him before they could go to the Kurds and now we don't want to upset Turkey so we're supplying the Kurds with small arms and MRE's.

IS had adapted and adjusted to air strikes, as predicted and expected. Target acquisition has been the problem at Kobane. IS has been very good at dispersing and hiding it's assets in the hills and gullies surrounding Kobane. That is why air strikes have been limited to mostly small targets such as single tanks, pick up trucks with mounted heavy machine guns and only small groups of infantry. That has changed, as was hoped, in the last few days. IS has had to replenish and reinforce their forces and at the same time concentrate them in small and tight areas as they converged and entered the city. This has created a target rich environment with Kobane Kurd defenders being able to transmit accurate location data. This is classic military strategy, draw the enemy into the open and surprise him with overwhelming bombardment. It may not save the city, but that is not the American roll or mission. The mission is to degrade IS. That is happening.

Come on, Camp...get serious! "Classic military strategy" is to allow an enemy force to move across open ground with tanks, artillery and troop transports, where they could be easily destroyed by air strikes...into an urban setting with places to hide and a civilian population that would be put at risk from air strikes?

That isn't classic military strategy at all! That's a lack of military strategy. Those ISIS troops should have NEVER BEEN ALLOWED TO GET NEAR KOBANE! I'd like to know why ISIS troops are still being allowed to move across miles of open desert to attack other cities? How is that happening?

Last edited:
Were they killing each other "over there" when those planes were flying into American buildings, Pauli?

You mean the guys your hero Ronnie Raygun called "Freedom Fighters"?

Exactly those guys, Joe! The guys that we helped to defeat the Soviets in Afghanistan who then turned around and stabbed us in the back on 9/11. Those are the guys that Pauli thinks are going to leave us alone if we pull out of the Middle East!

The Mission is also to prevent the slaughter of these people:thup:

I personally have no doubt that U.S. Special Forces are already embedded with the Kurdish units and calling in air strikes. ...... :cool:

Yeah we know when we stop the muslim nutjobs from advancing and prevent them from slaughtering, these people :thup:

Come on, Camp...get serious! "Classic military strategy" is to allow an enemy force to move across open ground with tanks, artillery and troop transports, where they could be easily destroyed by air strikes...into an urban setting with places to hide and a civilian population that would be put at risk from air strikes?

That isn't classic military strategy at all! That's a lack of military strategy. Those ISIS troops should have NEVER BEEN ALLOWED TO GET NEAR KOBANE! I'd like to know why ISIS troops are still being allowed to move across miles of open desert to attack other cities? How is that happening?
You are misinterpreting my post. I never said anything about tanks and armored vehicles moving across open ground and being ignored. I said they were dispersed and hidden. And you seem unaware that the city has been depopulated. Anyhow, the strategy you claim is not a strategy worked and IS took a pounding and forced to retreat from most of city. That does not mean they won't be back, but they will get another pounding when they do.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29555999

You are misinterpreting my post. I never said anything about tanks and armored vehicles moving across open ground and being ignored. I said they were dispersed and hidden. And you seem unaware that the city has been depopulated. Anyhow, the strategy you claim is not a strategy worked and IS took a pounding and forced to retreat from most of city. That does not mean they won't be back, but they will get another pounding when they do.

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29555999
In this day and age, if you can hide and disperse a tank in the desert, someone is not doing their job.

The Mission is also to prevent the slaughter of these people:thup:
When did that become our mission. The lead group defending Kobane are communist Peoples Worker Party drug dealers and smugglers who have been listed by both Turkey and the USA as terrorist. The civilian population has been vacated across the Turkish border. There are an estimated 1,500 volunteers who remain in the city to support the Kurd fighters. How did it become our mission to defend and protect communist drug dealers?

Forum List

Back