🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's successor is going to inherit one heck of a mess.

The nerve it takes conservatives to whine about inherited messes is simply amazing.

Obama is the one who inherited a mess, and he's the one who's done a pretty good job of fixing some of the mess that he did inherit. Bush was one of America's worst presidents ever. He gaffed, stooged and bumbled his way through an eight year nightmare of a Presidency that was massive domestic and foreign policy flop & failure.

Bush inherited peace & prosperity, and left with disastrous wars of choice, paid for with debt on your children and their children.

The problems of the USA are entirely the fault of the clodhopping buffoons of the GOP and the existence of Conservatism, whose cruel domestic policy and overly-aggressive foreign policy left America worse off under their ham-handed rule.

Conservatives, just to let you know, liberals do look down on you. Here's why: You are deeply stupid bumpkins with ill-spoken, oafish opinions based on ethnic and racial hatreds, debunked economic theories, and dangerous warmongering foreign policies.

Your future electoral prospects look pretty grim as younger people are very liberal and very democratic, and browner to boot. They don't like you being in the country either. You can attract their votes by modernizing, moderating and liberalizing your preferred policies. You're welcome for this advice.

I was going to neg you, but I very seldom do that. So I'll just tell you, you're an idiot and a hater. How do you live with yourself?

Conservatives deserve to be hated. They almost destroyed America.

well you have enough hate for more than one...and the dramatics for you hating others is..they almost destroyed America..that's some twilight zone stuff

good grief...

If a republican takes over the white house it appears that many of the republican posters on this board face empty lives and boredom after making careers out of whining about Obama.
They better be careful what they wish for.

Don't hold your breath

It will be a generation before a Republican gets the White House again

oh dear me..love that crystal ball..

The bar for 'Presidential messes inherited' will never be higher than it was in 2009. In fact another record probably never to be broken is the 'starting line inherited vs finish line passed on' between 2001 and 2009.

In 2001 the CBO reported that America could be debt free by 2006 if Bush continued Clinton's policies. Instead, by the time that all of Bush's policies were finally corrected, we were nearly $17,000,000,000,000 in debt.

A record that I predict will never be broken.

The bar for 'Presidential messes inherited' will never be higher than it was in 2009. In fact another record probably never to be broken is the 'starting line inherited vs finish line passed on' between 2001 and 2009.

In 2001 the CBO reported that America could be debt free by 2006 if Bush continued Clinton's policies. Instead, by the time that all of Bush's policies were finally corrected, we were nearly $17,000,000,000,000 in debt.

oh right..I guess you weren't around for Carter-Regan...

Clinton a saint, Bush the devil...lol

The disillusionment of America in the wake of Obama's exposure will be comparable to Watergate and the death of JFK.

what a bunch of crap. it was 9T when obozo took office, its 17T today and will be over 20T when the guy leaves office.

He will have succeeded in his goal to fundamentally transform america---he will have transformed us into a third world nation with more debt than we can ever pay back.

as to your comments about clinton and bush--------somehow 9/11 happened, remember?

We've been inheriting a mess in some degree since 1957... unfortunately, the degree of damage that Obama has done even above the damage that Bush II did is outrageous.. it is going to eventually take MUCH work to get government back in check, get spending down to income levels, and remove the mantra of entitled power that was never given in the constitution

You can look at it from the perspective that we need to get spending down to income levels, or you can look at it that we need to get income levels up so the percentage of spending becomes less. It amazes me how conservatives have gone from preaching about growth and opportunity to now being the ones who tell us the pie is limited and we need to restrict everything based on the size of that pie. The whole idea of growth has been thrown out the window by cons in favor of "as long as I've got mine, screw everyone else".

We've been inheriting a mess in some degree since 1957... unfortunately, the degree of damage that Obama has done even above the damage that Bush II did is outrageous.. it is going to eventually take MUCH work to get government back in check, get spending down to income levels, and remove the mantra of entitled power that was never given in the constitution

You can look at it from the perspective that we need to get spending down to income levels, or you can look at it that we need to get income levels up so the percentage of spending becomes less. It amazes me how conservatives have gone from preaching about growth and opportunity to now being the ones who tell us the pie is limited and we need to restrict everything based on the size of that pie. The whole idea of growth has been thrown out the window by cons in favor of "as long as I've got mine, screw everyone else".

nice spin try, but the goal should be a balanced budget. there are several ways to get there--spending cuts, higher taxes, more efficiency in govt, all of the above.

conservatives generally feel that the federal govt has gotten too big, so the logical fix is to cut spending and leave taxes alone.

There is something perverse in believing that you are poor because others are rich. You obviously think that wealth is a zero-sum game. If you look at the countries which have historically tried to redistribute wealth you will find that pretty much everyone but the corrupt who were charged with the redistribution had to live very frugally indeed.

Hackneyed, I know, but there is truth in the old saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. There is little shortage of evidence that ideologue of that ilk to indeed create hell for the common people.

What the fuck, let's try it again. It will be different this time around, right?

Maybe, this will be her approach to making a dent in the debt:

"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

If she does that sort of thing, she may resonate with a new part of the electorate that shunned her the first time around in 2008. You'll notice that the GOP has cooled their jets on Ben-Gotcha since they started their latest witch-hunt.

I still doubt Hillary will win the Presidency myself.

People are forgetting about Santorum...he won some states in the last election when he was seriously out spent. I wouldn't count out Santorum just yet.

Santorum is a moron

I do not expect that to change in the next three years

The moron, as you put it, won 11 states; states that border both the gulf as well as Canada. He wasn't strong in the large population centers on the coasts however.
Primary politics are a different animal than the General election. Many in the GOP had in the back of their mind that Romney was no match for Obama....you saw the cowardly actions here of those who wouldn't take me up on my wager offers--they knew Romney was toast. Still these people pulled a lever for him in the primary knowing that he was going to get his head handed to him in November. If there isn't a viable alternative to whomever the Democrats run in 2016 where as they know their guy can beat Hillary, Biden, or Candidate X, I can see the GOP running Santorum. I mean, is Ryan going to play well nationwide? No. Christie is going to have a lot of trouble in the South and out west. Rubio seems to be distancing himself from any serious contention with sophorific (sp?) actions. Rand Paul? Puh-leeze. If you say Santorum is a moron...I believe you. He's basically one or two generations removed from the caveman and he would be my dream opponent if I were a Democrat. But the GOP isn't acting rationally these days. And that moron, as I said, won 11 states when he was seriously outgunned by Romney.

Not saying he'll get the nod but I wouldn't count him out yet. Also, Jeb Bush...don't forget about Bush.

Last edited:

"Clinton a saint, Bush the devil"

Facts are facts. You are not entitled to the truth that you wish for. Only the truth that is. Sorry.

If she does that sort of thing, she may resonate with a new part of the electorate that shunned her the first time around in 2008. You'll notice that the GOP has cooled their jets on Ben-Gotcha since they started their latest witch-hunt.

I still doubt Hillary will win the Presidency myself.

People are forgetting about Santorum...he won some states in the last election when he was seriously out spent. I wouldn't count out Santorum just yet.

Santorum is a moron

I do not expect that to change in the next three years

The moron, as you put it, won 11 states; states that border both the gulf as well as Canada. He wasn't strong in the large population centers on the coasts however.
Primary politics are a different animal than the General election. Many in the GOP had in the back of their mind that Romney was no match for Obama....you saw the cowardly actions here of those who wouldn't take me up on my wager offers--they knew Romney was toast. Still these people pulled a lever for him in the primary knowing that he was going to get his head handed to him in November. If there isn't a viable alternative to whomever the Democrats run in 2016 where as they know their guy can beat Hillary, Biden, or Candidate X, I can see the GOP running Santorum. I mean, is Ryan going to play well nationwide? No. Christie is going to have a lot of trouble in the South and out west. Rubio seems to be distancing himself from any serious contention with sophorific (sp?) actions. Rand Paul? Puh-leeze. If you say Santorum is a moron...I believe you. He's basically one or two generations removed from the caveman and he would be my dream opponent if I were a Democrat. But the GOP isn't acting rationally these days. And that moron, as I said, won 11 states when he was seriously outgunned by Romney.

Not saying he'll get the nod but I wouldn't count him out yet. Also, Jeb Bush...don't forget about Bush.

The problem is the GOP. They think that they can impose. They think that they can sell Bush was benign, Obama is the problem.

Not happening but keep trying. The more that you sell the bigger that we win. That's the problem with denying the truth. Truth wins, you lose.

What Carter passed onto Reagan was nowhere near as bad as what Bush passed onto Obama. For starters, the economy wasn't even in recession in January, 1981. And when comparing the recession under Reagan with the one under Bush/Obama:

GDP:
Reagan: -1.5%
Bush: -4.7%

employment:
Reagan: -1,186,000 jobs
Bush: -6,590,000 jobs

DJIA:
Reagan: 977 - 1,039: +6.3%
Bush: 13,372 - 8,447: -36.8%

It's going to be a very long time before anyone in the world trusts the US gov't on any topic. Well, except the liberal party of sheeples - they will obviously continue to trust the most corrupt admin ever.

It's funny to me that a dem in the public eye can admit to dishonesty and still, people on this site will claim they never lied...

nice spin try, but the goal should be a balanced budget. there are several ways to get there--spending cuts, higher taxes, more efficiency in govt, all of the above.

conservatives generally feel that the federal govt has gotten too big, so the logical fix is to cut spending and leave taxes alone.

The GOP agreed to increase taxes at the beginning of the year as part of the fiscal cliff deal, and they did it on the based on a promise by Obama that he would significantly cut spending. Still waiting on that one.

The GOP agreed to increase taxes at the beginning of the year as part of the fiscal cliff deal, and they did it on the based on a promise by Obama that he would significantly cut spending. Still waiting on that one.

Did you miss all that sequester shit?

Hey liar... glad to see you are still around after slinking off when your bogus statistics were exposed.. but I digress

1) I thought the sequester was not Obama's??
2) The sequester was not any significant cut.. The government is still spending more than last fiscal year. When we have a significant cut to BELOW the previous year's spending, and it comes from a plan or initiative put forth by Obama, I will give him credit for it. It has not happened though, and it will not happen with him.

So, Obama didn't get a hot mess from Bush when he came into office???? Yeah okay.....and race has nothing to do with the reason you don't like him...

Hey liar... glad to see you are still around after slinking off when your bogus statistics were exposed.. but I digress

2) The sequester was not any significant cut.. The government is still spending more than last fiscal year. When we have a significant cut to BELOW the previous year's spending, and it comes from a plan or initiative put forth by Obama, I will give him credit for it. It has not happened though, and it will not happen with him.

Sequester is significant to those families taking a 20% cut in their paycheck

Obama also offered up two for one spending cuts to tax increases......why didn't you jump at the chance? Seems significant to me

Last edited:

Sequester is significant to those families taking a 20% cut in their paycheck

Obama also offered up two for one spending cuts to tax increases......why didn't you jump at the chance? Seems significant to me

Because it was Obama, with whom no deal may be made, no matter how reasonable, no matter how beneficial to Americans.

Forum List

Back