Obamas War Against The Christians Of Syria: Al Qaeda Rebels Seize A Christian Town

Syria Islamist rebels seize Christian town. "An al Qaeda-linked rebel group has wrested control of the historic Christian town of Maaloula from regime forces, opposition groups said Sunday.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the hardline Islamist rebels of the al-Nusra Front seized control Saturday night.Videos posted on YouTube in recent days showed fighting between rebels and government forces in the tiny sleepy town, an hour's drive from the capital Damascus." Syria Islamist rebels take control of Christian town of Maaloula - CNN.com With Obamas very much public support for the Rebels in Syria today, all the Rebels do from now onward I cannot help but see Obama a part of it. Al Qaeda takes over Christian village in Syria, Obama does not have his military strikes yet, but it is already happening , in the news today, 9/8/2013.

The al Qaeda Syrian rebels are killing Christians and probably using the weapons that Obama gave them. He's in this up to his big ears. He may as well come out and admit he is for al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Muslims. He's done more for them than he has for the people of America. They get weapons, tanks, fighter jets and a billion dollars. We get unemployment and Obamacare. What a raw deal.

Syria Islamist rebels seize Christian town. "An al Qaeda-linked rebel group has wrested control of the historic Christian town of Maaloula from regime forces, opposition groups said Sunday.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the hardline Islamist rebels of the al-Nusra Front seized control Saturday night.Videos posted on YouTube in recent days showed fighting between rebels and government forces in the tiny sleepy town, an hour's drive from the capital Damascus." Syria Islamist rebels take control of Christian town of Maaloula - CNN.com With Obamas very much public support for the Rebels in Syria today, all the Rebels do from now onward I cannot help but see Obama a part of it. Al Qaeda takes over Christian village in Syria, Obama does not have his military strikes yet, but it is already happening , in the news today, 9/8/2013.

The al Qaeda Syrian rebels are killing Christians and probably using the weapons that Obama gave them. He's in this up to his big ears. He may as well come out and admit he is for al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood and other radical Muslims. He's done more for them than he has for the people of America. They get weapons, tanks, fighter jets and a billion dollars. We get unemployment and Obamacare. What a raw deal.
Well, I was reading on another thread US arms have been delivered, so it certainly is a possibility. The FSA and an Al Qaeda group are both reportedly fighting together against Syrian Forces there. They seem to be reporting most Christians have fled, but a few days ago there were 53 nuns still there.

the attack on Benghazi had to do with arms being smuggled out of Libya

into Turkey to arm the rebels in Syria

A BBC correspondent in Syria has said the battle for an ancient Christian town is continuing, despite reports that government forces had retaken it.

Jeremy Bowen said that a heavy gunfight with rebels was continuing in Maaloula, with smoke rising into the sky.

He added that he had not seen evidence confirming religious sites had been damaged by al-Qaeda-linked jihadists.

They said al-Nusra fighters had desecrated churches and statues.

However, our correspondent in Maaloula has seen statues in churches which were left undamaged.

BBC News - Battle for Syria Christian town of Maaloula continues

It would be better if peoples hate of Oblama could allow you to see the lies that are perpetrated by the posters on this thread.

Christians are not being targeted either

The rebels declared on Tuesday that they would withdraw from Maaloula provided that pro-government forces did not take their place.

"To ensure no blood is spilt and that the properties of the people of Maaloula are kept safe, the Free Syrian Army announces that the town of Maaloula will be kept out of the struggle between the FSA and the regime army," a spokesman said in an online video.

Forced to convert" They arrived in our town at dawn on Wednesday and shouted 'We are from the al-Nusra Front and have come to make lives miserable for the Crusaders," a term for Christians used by Islamists, said a frightened woman who identified herself as Marie.She spoke to AFP in Damascus, where she was attending the burial of three Christians from Maaloula killed in last week's fighting. The jihadists forced at least one person to convert to Islam at gunpoint and executed another, residents said Tuesday.Amateur video distributed by activists showed damage to the facade of a convent in Maaloula, while the unidentified cameraman says the regime used "tank and rocket fire" to target the building. Syrian rebels to retreat from Christian town of Maaloula - SYRIA - FRANCE 24

The rebels declared on Tuesday that they would withdraw from Maaloula provided that pro-government forces did not take their place.

"To ensure no blood is spilt and that the properties of the people of Maaloula are kept safe, the Free Syrian Army announces that the town of Maaloula will be kept out of the struggle between the FSA and the regime army," a spokesman said in an online video.

What is being terrorised , forced to convert to Islam, forced to flee your home out of safety for your life, and lives being lost of at least three local Christian residents? A Christian town is deliberately attacked and inhabitants put in the position of converting to Islam or leaving or being killed. I call that targeting Christians.

Last edited:
It would be better if peoples hate of Oblama could allow you to see the lies that are perpetrated by the posters on this thread.

Why are you supporting attacks on Syrian Christians? Why do you hate Christians so much?

Why are you supporting attacks on Syrian Christians? Why do you hate Christians so much?

Why don't you get a grip and stop redundantly reiterating half truths and ad hominem?
Since I posted it in just a couple of post ago I shall post part of a report from the only western reporter in Maaloula and his report was posted an hour ago. He is a BBC reporter, and hopefully you can read without closing your eyes.

Since then, most of the town's 3,300 residents have fled to safer parts of the country including Damascus, where some told the BBC that three people had been killed and six kidnapped.

They said al-Nusra fighters had desecrated churches and statues.

However, our correspondent in Maaloula has seen statues in churches which were left undamaged

Maaloula has several churches and important monasteries, including Deir Mar Takla, which is visited by many Christians and Muslim pilgrims.

Inscriptions found in some of the caves in the mountainside on which the town sits confirm it as one of the earliest centres of Christianity in the world, and some residents can still speak Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ.

Jeremy Bowen's report on the families who fled Maaloula for Damascus

The town's residents fled in a hurry to Damascus when the rebels first moved in. They are very upset and angry about what happened. Some told me that when they left, the al-Nusra Front desecrated some of their churches. There is quite a bit of damage to the town, but I can't see considerable damage to the holy places. In fact, I can see a big statue of the Virgin Mary that is very much intact.

and now for coup de grace:

Many fear that if the secular government is overthrown, they will be targeted by Sunni jihadist rebels calling for the establishment of an Islamic state and that Christian communities will be destroyed, as many were in Iraq after the US-led invasion in 2003.

Why the hell is Bush not a Christian killing bastard like you claim Obama is?

I have nothing against Christians, what I do have a problem with is lies and ignorance amounting to hysteria and despicable dishonor.
If you are a real Christian you would know that lies and gossip are sins.

What is being terrorised , forced to convert to Islam, forced to flee your home out of safety for your life, and lives being lost of at least three local Christian residents? A Christian town is deliberately attacked and inhabitants put in the position of converting to Islam or leaving or being killed. I call that targeting Christians.

No one is forcing Christians to convert or making them pay a tax, that is a rhetorical propaganda lie.
People have to flee war, Christians are not the only ones in the world that are having to do it. Muslims are fleeing and being killed also. This is not about Christians but the over throw of a terror sponsoring dictator, that is foul and abusive towards the Israelis, the Americans and others in the world. He kills, tortures and maims his own people. If you had any damn intelligence you would see this, but you would rather kiss Assad's ass and condemn Obama!

I find it interesting that in antiquity, when Christian communities were being attacked by Muslims, the western nations would rise up and send armies to defend them and drive off the attackers. Now, Christians in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, and other locations are attacked and the western nations just ignore it. France has "no-go" zones for non-Muslims, since they are threatened. Sad when a nations government won't send in necessary law enforcement and troops to get rid of those who create such areas. Citizens are being harassed by Muslims in areas of London and nothing comes of it.
We are long overdue to fight back and drive them out.

Why don't you get a grip and stop redundantly reiterating half truths and ad hominem?
Since I posted it in just a couple of post ago I shall post part of a report from the only western reporter in Maaloula and his report was posted an hour ago. He is a BBC reporter, and hopefully you can read without closing your eyes.

The town's residents fled in a hurry to Damascus when the rebels first moved in. They are very upset and angry about what happened. Some told me that when they left, the al-Nusra Front desecrated some of their churches. There is quite a bit of damage to the town, but I can't see considerable damage to the holy places. In fact, I can see a big statue of the Virgin Mary that is very much intact.

and now for coup de grace:

Many fear that if the secular government is overthrown, they will be targeted by Sunni jihadist rebels calling for the establishment of an Islamic state and that Christian communities will be destroyed, as many were in Iraq after the US-led invasion in 2003.

Why the hell is Bush not a Christian killing bastard like you claim Obama is?

I have nothing against Christians, what I do have a problem with is lies and ignorance amounting to hysteria and despicable dishonor.
If you are a real Christian you would know that lies and gossip are sins.

I provided a link to a French source, France is a Western Nation too. That source reported forced conversions, the killing of three Christians, that included one execution when a Christian refused to convert. And they reported damage to the façade of a Monastery.

And this is not about Bush versus Obama, for your information I was not a supporter of Bush and never voted for him.

Obamas actions in arming the Rebels are hurting Christians in Syria, that is a fact, and that makes the thread title true.

I oppose all US involvement in Syria.

No one is forcing Christians to convert or making them pay a tax, that is a rhetorical propaganda lie.
People have to flee war, Christians are not the only ones in the world that are having to do it. Muslims are fleeing and being killed also. This is not about Christians but the over throw of a terror sponsoring dictator, that is foul and abusive towards the Israelis, the Americans and others in the world. He kills, tortures and maims his own people. If you had any damn intelligence you would see this, but you would rather kiss Assad's ass and condemn Obama!

Residents have reported forced conversions. Multiple posts and sources document this.

And what is happening in Syria is a Civil War. I did not start out desiring to take a side, I do not think the US has a reason to take a side in this conflict. What I would like to see is no US involvement in Syria. I think the only way to end the violence is through diplomacy, and we should be encouraging that instead of arming one side.

I support peace and not war.

I do not think violence is ever the answer and I am a Pacifist.

Forum List

Back