Obstruction of Justice Thread and Poll

Does not colluding with Russia make Trump guilty of obstruction of justice?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Pub Duppe

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Russia Russia Russia

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
You mean the President doesn't have the authority to fire his employees?

The president can fire his cabinet. He can't fire people he didn't appoint.

Really? You sound like Obama on Judicial Review

Take Robert Mueller He was hired by Rosenstein (DOJ) and can't be fired by Trump. Mueller can only be fired by the head of the DOJ. Sessions recused himself, leaving Rosenstein. If Roenstein is fired or recuses himself, it falls to the no 3 at DOJ, a woman named Brand.

It's truly hilarious watching morons like you pretend you're winning the debate. How many times have leftwing claims and fake news been proved wrong?

It's more hilarious watching you Trumptards all declare victory as you run squealing from my direct and simple points.

Here, I'll give you a chance to address what all the other Trumps-snowflakes ran away from in tears. Maybe you're not as wimpy as the others.

Trump didn't "interfere" with the process of justice. He is the process of justice. He is the chief legal officer of the country.

Holy shit. You've taken your love of authoritarianism off the scale. You just adore your DearLeaderDictatorForLifeTrump.

Of course, that's not how it works in the real world. The "chief legal officer of the country" would be part of the judicial branch. Remember the separation of powers thing? Check out this thing called "The Constitution".

Now, one of the things Gingrich impeached Clinton over was Obstruction of Justice, for his testimony in a civil case that had already been dismissed.

How do you square that with your lunatic claims that Trump can't be charge with Obstruction of Justice?

Clearly, a sitting president can be charged with obstructon of justice, because Clinton was charged.

Clearly, it doesn't matter if the obstruction wasn't successful, because Clinton's supposed obstruction wasn't successful.

Clearly, it doesn't matter if the obstruction wasn't over a criminal matter, because Clinton's supposed obstruction wasn't over a criminal matter.

So, what mental disorder drives you to claim that Trump can't be charged with obstruction?

It's just the Republican party and all the law that that disagrees with you here. No biggee.
yep because after thirteen months of an investigation into russia we have this.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Only the president has the constitutional authority to negotiate with foreign states. Others (ex: state department, ambassadors etc) can do so under the authority of the president.

Flynn was NOT authorized by the president.

no, that isn't accurate. try again. this time present a link. BTW, it happens every transition.

When Flynn talked to Kisylak the president did not authorize it.
How do you know that? Does Trump have to explicitly authorize each and every phone call the NSA chief makes?

You mean the President doesn't have the authority to fire his employees?

Really? You sound like Obama on Judicial Review

Take Robert Mueller He was hired by Rosenstein (DOJ) and can't be fired by Trump. Mueller can only be fired by the head of the DOJ. Sessions recused himself, leaving Rosenstein. If Roenstein is fired or recuses himself, it falls to the no 3 at DOJ, a woman named Brand.
Yes, Trump can fire Mewler, you fucking moron. He can fire Rosenstein, and therefore he can fire anyone Rosenstein hires.

The President appoints the FBI director, numskull.

And Trump fired Comey, the FBI director. DUH. !!! I never said he couldn't. Stop playing the guy who thinks GOTCHA. On that you failed.

He didn't appoint Comey, moron. You said he can't fire people he didn't appoint.
^^^^^^ding, ding, ding, ding^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You mean the investigations were never obstructed, they have continued unimpeded???

So just like jc, you're a complete 'effin moron as well.

It doesn't matter if the obstruction was unsuccessful. At that matters is that it was attempted.

So why do you do this? Is Putin's ass that delicious, that you can't bear to stop kissing it?

Poor lib :itsok: here's what's going to happen, president Trump will not be charged, there is no obstruction, he will continue to be our president. I hear this may help those on the left in the coming weeks...

prep-H.jpg

You are close. What ultimately will happen is that they will keep this charade going up until the midterm elections, try to get traction with it. It's not a result they are after, they just need to keep an investigation going. They know that there is no there there.

Party before country, Democrats are the lowest life form on earth.

He didn't appoint Comey, moron. You said he can't fire people he didn't appoint.

President Trump has decided to retain Mr. Comey as head of the agency ... Under federal law, the F.B.I. director is appointed to a 10-year term

The FBI director is a presidential appointee.

Obama transferred that presidential authority to Trump on Jan 20th 2017

I didn't say Trump, I said the President.

The president appointed Comey, so the president can fire Comey. It doesn't have to be the same president.

As I said, you're an example of the inherited moron theory.

I didn't say Trump, I said the President.

The president appointed Comey, so the president can fire Comey. It doesn't have to be the same president.

As I said, you're an example of the inherited moron theory.

I'm not the one who said "he can't fire people he didn't appoint." No amount of dancing and weaving will get you out of that.

Forum List

Back