Obstruction of Justice Thread and Poll

Does not colluding with Russia make Trump guilty of obstruction of justice?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Pub Duppe

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Russia Russia Russia

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
I'm not the one who said "he can't fire people he didn't appoint." No amount of dancing and weaving will get you out of that.

You twisted my post.

. I said "The president can fire his cabinet. He can't fire people he didn't appoint."

He, referred to "the president" not to "Trump"

Does not colluding with Russia make Trump guilty of obstruction of justice? We all know that Putin acted on his own when he used his Vote Flipping Mind Control ray on voters in FL, WI, and the other states that rightfully belonged to St Hillary. Then, because he's got a weird sense of humor, he reversed the polarity and used it in CA to give Hillary a win in the "popular vote"

Does the fact that Comey is a Clinton sock puppet and that there is no evidence of collusion mean that Trump must be guilty -- of something?

Everyone knows that the goal posts were moved on Hillary Clinton's side of the field. Comey disregarded long standing DOJ protocol--of not releasing information within 60 days of an election, was warned not to do it and did it anyway within 11 days of an election. Millions of people voted during those 7 days believing that charges were imminent against Hillary Clinton, and 7 days later Comey gave birth to his nothing burger. In fact that is the reason that Comey is also under investigation for his interference into this election. Trump originally used what Comey did to Hillary Clinton as the reason he fired Comey. Because Rod Rosenstein Deputy Attorney General ran over Comey for what he did to Hillary Clinton- in his report- and given to Trump. Trump used that report to fire Comey.
DOJ to Investigate James Comey and the FBI
Eric Holder and 100 other former Justice officials sign letter blasting Comey’s ‘breach of protocol’
Meet Donald Trump’s Top FBI Fanboy
Justice officials warned FBI that Comey’s decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy

FBI-Director_Comey_Cartoon_Hats.jpg

The PROBLEM for Trump is no one believes that he fired James Comey because he was "mean" to Hillary Clinton.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/james-comey-fired-fbi.html?_r=0

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE IS DEFINED AS THIS:

Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsified, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under Title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
Obstruction of justice - Wikipedia

And it sure didn't help TRUMP'S case when he went on NBC with Lester Holt and admitted to Obstructiion of Justice.

"Donald Trump has said he was thinking of “this Russia thing” when he decided James Comey’s fate – contradicting the White House rationale that he fired the FBI director for mishandling the Clinton email investigation. Comey had been leading an investigation into possible collusion between Trump advisers and Russian officials when he was dismissed by the president. Defending that decision in an interview on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”
You can watch the video at this link also.
Donald Trump admits 'this Russia thing' part of reasoning for firing Comey

So this ongoing criminal investigation has added another leg of Obstruction of Justice--(which is an impeachable offense.) Obstruction of Justice is the crime--and only needs to be the crime, and stands alone, regardless of collusion or not with the Russians.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/lindsey-graham-russia-probe-now-a-criminal-investigation/
Wash. Post: Mueller investigating Trump for obstruction - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Really, how so? This should be interesting (or at least entertaining).
If the FBI is investigating Joemoma and the president fires the FBI director, then the president is obstructing justice for that case.
/----- Does the Director handle the investigations for all FBI cases? Firing him ends investigations? How does that work?
I'm using Candycorn logic, ask her?

You should try using Candycorn memory. I recall Comey saying that Trump told him to drop it. When did didn’t; he was fired shortly thereafter.

You seem to be immune from understanding that detail.
. You recall wrong.. Trump said that he "HOPED" that Flynn being investigated could be dropped because Flynn was a good man. Nothing wrong with backing up a person for whom you see as a good man, and that maybe he (Flynn) was the victim of a political witch hunt in which was unfortunate for him. Trump knows he can't intervene with Flynn's investigation, but maybe he could speak highly of the man's character in order to change the tone or Hardline a little bit. We see it all the time in cases where there is a hard line approach to cases and tactics by investigator's until they figure out who is who and what is what. They handcuffed OJ at his capture, but was convinced he wasn't a flight risk so they removed the cuffs, and began treating him better at that point. Now for the one who asked that the cuffs be removed, was he trying to obstruct justice or did he just know that OJ in his mind was not guilty until proven otherwise ? Saying that Flynn was a good guy wasn't obstructing anything, and hoping that he get a fair shake wasn't suggesting or directing or ordering that he be let go. The deeper question is how compromised was Comey, and was he in cullusion with the Demon-crats once he made the MATTER of Hillary go away ?? Who truly are the real bad guy's here ?

Ryan said he was a neophyte and didn’t know he couldn’t. Asking to “drop it” is a crime. Plain and simple.

Whether Trump colluded with Russia or not, another salient point has arisen...

Try to shut down a Federal investigation directed towards you-and-yours, and you obstruct justice...

The investigation could have been about whether He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named eats Peanut Butter and Jelly or Peanut Butter and Tuna...

Doesn't matter...

If undue pressure was brought to bear, then there exist grounds for a charge of Obstruction of Justice...

One of many forms of "high crimes and misdemeanors"...

Enjoy.

No.

Mike Flynn broke the law. The FBI is investigating. Comey is the head of the FBI.

With me so far? Probably not. Don’t care.

Comey was told to drop it. He didn’t. Trump fired him because of that.

Thus creating a new scandal…Obstruction of Justice.

Flynn is still under investigation.
So is Trump now.
And using that logic it's always obstruction of justice for the president to fire the FBI director because the FBI is always investigating someone.

Really, how so? This should be interesting (or at least entertaining).
If the FBI is investigating Joemoma and the president fires the FBI director, then the president is obstructing justice for that case.
Uh, no.

IF the Director is asked to stop investigating Joemoma and doesn’t do it and is THEN fired by the President, he is obstructing justice. There are potentially plenty of reasons to fire someone…

Simple question, Candy...did Donald Trump ORDER James Comey to stop investigating anyone? If he didn't...then you don't have obstruction of justice. I'm sorry but you don't.

The investigations went on despite Comey being fired. The #2 guy at the FBI testified that was the case under oath. So if the investigations went on...how could you even begin to claim obstruction of justice took place? A firing took place! A firing of someone who was disliked by both the left, the right, and a lot of the people in the FBI!

The Director of the FBI serves at the President's discretion. If the President decides the Director isn't up to the job then it's completely in his rights to fire him. He doesn't have to give a reason. He doesn't have to defend the reason.

Yes. That is what “drop it” means.

Trump is "guilty" of defeating Hillary Clinton and making the talking heads at CNN, MSNBC, the Washington Post and the New York Times look foolish!

To the left...that's UNFORGIVABLE!!!!
It's already wwaaaaaayy too late for any of that... we're already well beyond that, now... the Twit-in-Chief has seen to that, himself.

Your boy is his own worst enemy... an uncontrolled big mouth, and an uncontrolled SmartPhone stylus...

At least he's gonna be ousted fairly early in his one-and-only term, before he can do any REAL damage...

At the end of the day, the investigations into Trump’s scandals continues.

The plurality of the words should send some sort of moon beam of understanding onto the nutjobs. I doubt it though.

Wasn’t there a song about the lights going on at Wrigley Field. It was written before they did.
When the President was told he wasn’t personally under investigation, he likely wasn’t—the whole question is improper.
When the President cornered Comey and told him to “drop it”—the wider investigation into Flynn’s meeting with Russian officials, he obstructed justice.

Saying that someone isn’t under investigation doesn’t mean that they will never be.

Got it?

I’m guessing no.

Saying that someone isn’t under investigation doesn’t mean that they will never be.

Got it?

I’m guessing no.

They're too dense to let it go. The irony is that Trumps letter firing Comey where Trump says he was told three times he wasn't under investigation, is the reason Trump is now under investigation.

Firing the guy directing the investigation into Trump’s campaign and it’s dealings with Russia to influence (i.e. win) an election does.

You mean the guy who repeatedly and publicly stated that Trump was not under investigation. You lefties are sick in the head.

You’re profoundly dense.

Sick in the head, just like I said. Did Comey say that or not. Nevermind, don't answer, you'll just lie.

it's what was reported dude. he's merely responding to the WAPO. come on. he setting that dude up.

Why didn't Trump ask the FBI, or DOJ if he was under investigation. Trump had a history, as in the three times Comey told him he wasn't under investigation of asking that question.

Why is Trump getting his news from the WAPO? Or fox news? Instead of from presidential briefings.
. In a highly charged partisan political witch hunt environment, who knows where one should get their information from and/or who can be trusted anymore...

Does not colluding with Russia make Trump guilty of obstruction of justice? We all know that Putin acted on his own when he used his Vote Flipping Mind Control ray on voters in FL, WI, and the other states that rightfully belonged to St Hillary. Then, because he's got a weird sense of humor, he reversed the polarity and used it in CA to give Hillary a win in the "popular vote"

Does the fact that Comey is a Clinton sock puppet and that there is no evidence of collusion mean that Trump must be guilty -- of something?

Everyone knows that the goal posts were moved on Hillary Clinton's side of the field. Comey disregarded long standing DOJ protocol--of not releasing information within 60 days of an election, was warned not to do it and did it anyway within 11 days of an election. Millions of people voted during those 7 days believing that charges were imminent against Hillary Clinton, and 7 days later Comey gave birth to his nothing burger. In fact that is the reason that Comey is also under investigation for his interference into this election. Trump originally used what Comey did to Hillary Clinton as the reason he fired Comey. Because Rod Rosenstein Deputy Attorney General ran over Comey for what he did to Hillary Clinton- in his report- and given to Trump. Trump used that report to fire Comey.
Eric Holder and 100 other former Justice officials sign letter blasting Comey’s ‘breach of protocol’
Justice officials warned FBI that Comey’s decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy

The PROBLEM for Trump is no one believes that he fired James Comey because he was "mean" to Hillary Clinton.

Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsified, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under Title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

And it sure didn't help TRUMP'S case when he went on NBC with Lester Holt and admitted to Obstructiion of Justice.

"Donald Trump has said he was thinking of “this Russia thing” when he decided James Comey’s fate – contradicting the White House rationale that he fired the FBI director for mishandling the Clinton email investigation. Comey had been leading an investigation into possible collusion between Trump advisers and Russian officials when he was dismissed by the president. Defending that decision in an interview on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”

So this ongoing criminal investigation has added another leg of Obstruction of Justice--(which is an impeachable offense.) Obstruction of Justice is the crime--and only needs to be the crime, and stands alone, regardless of collusion or not with the Russians.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/lindsey-graham-russia-probe-now-a-criminal-investigation/
. Everything is connected to the Russia thing, but the problem is that there was no collusion, so everything built up off of that is null and void. Problem now is that no one wants to clear all the dust kicked up because of the bullcrap (collusion premise), because to much money is being made off of the bullcrap and witch hunt lies found in it all. Trump hasn't truly assumed the powerful role of the President of this nation, because the Demon-crats are successfully keeping him from that role. It's time for Trump to assume the role as president, and quit being drug down into the gutter.

On December 29, the very day President Obama announced US sanctions against Russia for interfering in our electoral process, General Flynn and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak spoke several times.

The next day, Putin announces he will not retaliate against the sanctions.

There isn't a pseudocon on this board who can say with a straight face if it was the other way around they wouldn't be screaming their heads off about it.
quite honestly I don't fking care.
Yes, and that is the problem.

If it had been a Democrat, you'd be screaming your bloody head off.

Wasn’t there a song about the lights going on at Wrigley Field. It was written before they did.
When the President was told he wasn’t personally under investigation, he likely wasn’t—the whole question is improper.
When the President cornered Comey and told him to “drop it”—the wider investigation into Flynn’s meeting with Russian officials, he obstructed justice.

Got it?

I’m guessing no.

No...

but it DOES mean,

they AREN'T UNDER INVESTIGATION.

"Got it?

I’m guessing no"

. Everything is connected to the Russia thing, but the problem is that there was no collusion, so everything built up off of that is null and void. Problem now is that no one wants to clear all the dust kicked up because of the bullcrap (collusion premise), because to much money is being made off of the bullcrap and witch hunt lies found in it all. Trump hasn't truly assumed the powerful role of the President of this nation, because the Demon-crats are successfully keeping him from that role. It's time for Trump to assume the role as president, and quit being drug down into the gutter.

We do not know if there is collusion or not at this point in time. But we have a lot of things that are indicating it. Regardless our Justice department is to remain independent of the Executive and Legislative branch. The President can't pick and choose--nor interfere into investigations that they are doing.

This is what we know so-far:

Analysis | 5 times Donald Trump’s team denied contact with Russia

More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russia's ambassador - CNNPolitics.com
Comey says FBI began investigation into Russia meddling in July

This 8 minute Fox News video--Shep Smith states that Trump surrogates where not only on the phone with the Russian ambassador but with Russian intelligence agents, including the very day that DNC databases were getting hacked into.

Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

McCain wants to know why "we will not arm Ukranians against pro Russian Separatists" was put in the Republican platform". See above link--More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russian Ambassador.

Adam Schiff co-chair of the House Intelligence commitee had this to say.

Michael Flynn--currently under criminal investigation for committing a Felony by lying to the FBI. We find out he was acting as an undisclosed foreign agent while attending National Security briefings, being a paid lobbyist for Turkey and receiving payments from Russia. Who then asked for immunity against prosecution--stating "he has a story to tell."
Flynn seeks immunity for testimony - CNNPolitics.com
Flynn reportedly lied to FBI about sanctions talk with Russian envoy
Flynn was paid to lobby for Turkey while attending Trump intel briefings: report
Trump adviser Flynn paid by multiple Russia-related entities, new records show
Michael Flynn will invoke 5th Amendment, won't comply with Senate's subpoena due to 'escalating public frenzy against him'

Jeff Sessions: who recently offered up his resignation. Also accused of lying under oath to congress, for not disclosing that he had met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign season Now there is allegedly a 3rd time he did not disclose that he met with the Russian Ambassador.
Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign: Department of Justice
Sessions recuses himself from Russia investigations - CNNPolitics.com
Sources: Congress investigating another possible Sessions-Kislyak meeting - CNNPolitics.com
Jeff Sessions offered to quit during exchange with Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Jared Kushner: Trump's son-in-law who asked the Russian Ambassador for a direct private secure line to the Kremlin.
Washington Post: Kushner proposed secret communication channel with Kremlin - CNNPolitics.com

Trump fires Comey:
Trump fires FBI director James Comey - CNNPolitics.com

Trump admits OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE in an NBC T.V interview:
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

Trump meets with the Russians in the Oval Office while he blocks out American media and lets Russian media in. In the process he gives the Russians highly sensitive classified information.
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0

donald-trump-russia-meeting-scandal-oval-office-comey-firing.jpg

White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos - CNNPolitics.com

The source of the intel Trump shared with Russia reportedly was warned months ago not to give it to him

US spies 'warned Israel not to share intelligence with Trump'

Robert Mueller is appointed special prosecutor:
Special counsel appointed in Russia probe - CNNPolitics.com

This has now gone from a congressional probe, and has turned into a criminal investigation.

Robert Mueller hires Michael Dreeben--criminal law expert.
Top criminal law expert joins special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe

Robert Mueller adds another investigation into Obstruction of Justice.

In the coming weeks you'll hear more names mentioned: Jerad Kushner, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Carter Page & J.D. Gordon.
James Clapper says Watergate scandal "pales" in comparison with Russian claims - CBS News

They don't move from congressional probes into criminal investigations without evidence of a crime being committed.

If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi, it's not hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & Lies when they take over in 2018.

So Republicans have two options:
1. Remove Trump from office asap or
2. Burn the entire party down in 2018--2020 & beyond.

On December 29, the very day President Obama announced US sanctions against Russia for interfering in our electoral process, General Flynn and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak spoke several times.

The next day, Putin announces he will not retaliate against the sanctions.

There isn't a pseudocon on this board who can say with a straight face if it was the other way around they wouldn't be screaming their heads off about it.
quite honestly I don't fking care.
Yes, and that is the problem.

If it had been a Democrat, you'd be screaming your bloody head off.
No, and I explained why.

We do not know if there is collusion or not at this point in time. But we have a lot of things that are indicating it. Regardless our Justice department is to remain independent of the Executive and Legislative branch. The President can't pick and choose--nor interfere into investigations that they are doing.

This is what we know so-far:

Analysis | 5 times Donald Trump’s team denied contact with Russia

More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russia's ambassador - CNNPolitics.com
Comey says FBI began investigation into Russia meddling in July

This 8 minute Fox News video--Shep Smith states that Trump surrogates where not only on the phone with the Russian ambassador but with Russian intelligence agents, including the very day that DNC databases were getting hacked into.

Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

McCain wants to know why "we will not arm Ukranians against pro Russian Separatists" was put in the Republican platform". See above link--More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russian Ambassador.

Adam Schiff co-chair of the House Intelligence commitee had this to say.

Michael Flynn--currently under criminal investigation for committing a Felony by lying to the FBI. We find out he was acting as an undisclosed foreign agent while attending National Security briefings, being a paid lobbyist for Turkey and receiving payments from Russia. Who then asked for immunity against prosecution--stating "he has a story to tell."
Flynn seeks immunity for testimony - CNNPolitics.com
Flynn reportedly lied to FBI about sanctions talk with Russian envoy
Flynn was paid to lobby for Turkey while attending Trump intel briefings: report
Trump adviser Flynn paid by multiple Russia-related entities, new records show
Michael Flynn will invoke 5th Amendment, won't comply with Senate's subpoena due to 'escalating public frenzy against him'

Jeff Sessions: who recently offered up his resignation. Also accused of lying under oath to congress, for not disclosing that he had met with the Russian ambassador twice during the campaign season Now there is allegedly a 3rd time he did not disclose that he met with the Russian Ambassador.
Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign: Department of Justice
Sessions recuses himself from Russia investigations - CNNPolitics.com
Sources: Congress investigating another possible Sessions-Kislyak meeting - CNNPolitics.com
Jeff Sessions offered to quit during exchange with Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Jared Kushner: Trump's son-in-law who asked the Russian Ambassador for a direct private secure line to the Kremlin.
Washington Post: Kushner proposed secret communication channel with Kremlin - CNNPolitics.com

Trump fires Comey:
Trump fires FBI director James Comey - CNNPolitics.com

Trump admits OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE in an NBC T.V interview:
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

Trump meets with the Russians in the Oval Office while he blocks out American media and lets Russian media in. In the process he gives the Russians highly sensitive classified information.
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0

donald-trump-russia-meeting-scandal-oval-office-comey-firing.jpg

White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos - CNNPolitics.com

The source of the intel Trump shared with Russia reportedly was warned months ago not to give it to him

US spies 'warned Israel not to share intelligence with Trump'

Robert Mueller is appointed special prosecutor:
Special counsel appointed in Russia probe - CNNPolitics.com

This has now gone from a congressional probe, and has turned into a criminal investigation.

Robert Mueller hires Michael Dreeben--criminal law expert.
Top criminal law expert joins special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe

Robert Mueller adds another investigation into Obstruction of Justice.

In the coming weeks you'll hear more names mentioned: Jerad Kushner, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Carter Page & J.D. Gordon.
James Clapper says Watergate scandal "pales" in comparison with Russian claims - CBS News

They don't move from congressional probes into criminal investigations without evidence of a crime being committed.

If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi, it's not hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & Lies when they take over in 2018.

So Republicans have two options:
1. Remove Trump from office asap or
2. Burn the entire party down in 2018--2020 & beyond.

Except, you're wrong , there's no criminal investigation. Sorry sandy

The investigations went on despite Comey being fired. The #2 guy at the FBI testified that was the case under oath. So if the investigations went on...how could you even begin to claim obstruction of justice took place?

Not relevant. Trump stated thought he was stopping the investigation. Hence, obstruction of justice. Success is not necessary, just the deliberate attempt. The target of the investigation at that time doesn't matter. All that matters is Trump attempted to obstruct.

The Director of the FBI serves at the President's discretion. If the President decides the Director isn't up to the job then it's completely in his rights to fire him. He doesn't have to give a reason. He doesn't have to defend the reason.

True. But he gave a reason. To stop the investigation. Hence, obstruction of justice. If Trump had kept his mouth shut, he'd be in much less trouble.

When did Trump ever state that he was stopping the investigation? Once again...I ask the pertinent question here...DID DONALD TRUMP ORDER JAMES COMEY TO STOP THE INVESTIGATION?

Forum List

Back