Obstruction of Justice Thread and Poll

Does not colluding with Russia make Trump guilty of obstruction of justice?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Pub Duppe

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Russia Russia Russia

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
Firing the guy directing the investigation into Trump’s campaign and it’s dealings with Russia to influence (i.e. win) an election does.
You mean the President doesn't have the authority to fire his employees?

Poor lib :itsok: here's what's going to happen, president Trump will not be charged, there is no obstruction, he will continue to be our president. I hear this may help those on the left in the coming weeks...

I don't know why you Trump-snowflakes are so upset about being humiliated and proven wrong every time.

After all, you can just do what you always do. Flee the board, and then come back under a new name.

It's not like the humiliation will follow you into the real world ...

... oh wait. That must be problem. You've also disgraced yourself in the real world, by screaming crazy treason at everyone around you. Sorry dude, I can't help you there. If everyone in the real world thinks you're a traitor, you're kind of screwed. No wonder you're so grumpy.

Firing the guy directing the investigation into Trump’s campaign and it’s dealings with Russia to influence (i.e. win) an election does.
You mean the President doesn't have the authority to fire his employees?
they're saying he can't fire the guy that isn't investigating him nor has colluded with anyone cause it will interfere in the attempt to not investigate him on the non collusion thing to which he wasn't doing.

The issue of obstruction of justice is so obvious, it is amazing that the rightwingers on this board don't get it.

Definition: the crime or act of willfully interfering with the process of justice and law especially by influencing, threatening, harming, or impeding a witness, potential witness, juror, or judicial or legal officer or by furnishing false information in or otherwise impeding an investigation or legal process ...

Trump tried to impede the investigation into Flynn's Russia connection by asking Comey to backoff. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him. He was trying to influence and impede the investigation and the legal process. His telling Comey he 'hoped' he could let the investigation go and at the same time asking Comey if he wanted to keep his job was a threat. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him.

It's really very obvious to anyone who can think about it in an unbiased way. If your boss 'suggested' you stop doing something and you continued to do it, and then he/she fired you, you would believe you were fired for not doing what the boss wanted, especially if up until that time he/she had nothing but praise for you.

Sorry, asshole, but what Trump did doesn't fit the definition:

Legal overview
Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, other than a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent can be used to allow any person questioned by police merely to deny answering questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court, though the witness may then exercise their rights, for example in the Fifth Amendment, if they believe their answer may serve to incriminate themselves.) If the person willfully and knowingly tried to protect a suspect (such as by providing a false alibi) or to hide from investigation of their own activities (such as to hide their involvement in another crime), this may leave them liable to prosecution. Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters, destroys, or conceals physical evidence.[1] Obstruction charges may also be laid in unique situations such as refusal to aid a police officer, escape through voluntary action of an officer and refusing to assist prison officers in arresting escaped convicts.

Obstruction can include crimes committed by judges, prosecutors, attorneys general, and elected officials in general. It is misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance in the conduct of the office. Most commonly it is prosecuted as a crime for perjury by a non governmental official primarily because of prosecutorial discretion.

Poor lib :itsok: here's what's going to happen, president Trump will not be charged, there is no obstruction, he will continue to be our president. I hear this may help those on the left in the coming weeks...

I don't know why you Trump-snowflakes are so upset about being humiliated and proven wrong every time.

After all, you can just do what you always do. Flee the board, and then come back under a new name.

... oh wait. That must be problem. You've also disgraced yourself in the real world, by screaming crazy treason at everyone around you. Sorry dude, I can't help you there. If everyone in the real world thinks you're a traitor, you're kind of screwed. No wonder you're so grumpy.
thirteen months and nothing and we're snowflakes. yep that makes sense.

200.gif

BTW, here is what has been presented as evidence since day one.....

Last edited:

It's truly hilarious watching morons like you pretend you're winning the debate. How many times have leftwing claims and fake news been proved wrong?

hairball, this is so stupid no normal person could respond to this.

Thats it, jc, Squeal and run in front of the whole board. You will always be my sweet little bitch, and everyone sees it.

All the Trump-wimps are just weeping and running. There's not a testicle to be found in the whole lot of 'em combined. A bigger bunch of pansies has never walked the planet.

The issue of obstruction of justice is so obvious, it is amazing that the rightwingers on this board don't get it.

Definition: the crime or act of willfully interfering with the process of justice and law especially by influencing, threatening, harming, or impeding a witness, potential witness, juror, or judicial or legal officer or by furnishing false information in or otherwise impeding an investigation or legal process ...

Trump tried to impede the investigation into Flynn's Russia connection by asking Comey to backoff. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him. He was trying to influence and impede the investigation and the legal process. His telling Comey he 'hoped' he could let the investigation go and at the same time asking Comey if he wanted to keep his job was a threat. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him.

It's really very obvious to anyone who can think about it in an unbiased way. If your boss 'suggested' you stop doing something and you continued to do it, and then he/she fired you, you would believe you were fired for not doing what the boss wanted, especially if up until that time he/she had nothing but praise for you.
Trump didn't "interfere" with the process of justice. He is the process of justice. He is the chief legal officer of the country.

Thats it, jc, Squeal and run in front of the whole board. You will always be my sweet little bitch, and everyone sees it.

All the Trump-wimps are just weeping and running. There's not a testicle to be found in the whole lot of 'em combined. A bigger bunch of pansies has never walked the planet.
no really, that made absolutely no fking sense. hairball, maybe you didn't read it carefully enough. I don't know, but wow.

no really, that made absolutely no fking sense. hairball, maybe you didn't read it carefully enough. I don't know, but wow.
hairball is totally detached from reality.

hairball is totally detached from reality.
well I wanted to respond, but it was like I had no idea what she said.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.
how is he unauthorized?

Only the president has the constitutional authority to negotiate with foreign states. Others (ex: state department, ambassadors etc) can do so under the authority of the president.

Flynn was NOT authorized by the president.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.
how is he unauthorized?

Only the president has the constitutional authority to negotiate with foreign states. Others (ex: state department, ambassadors etc) can do so under the authority of the president.

no, that isn't accurate. try again. this time present a link. BTW, it happens every transition.

It's truly hilarious watching morons like you pretend you're winning the debate. How many times have leftwing claims and fake news been proved wrong?

It's more hilarious watching you Trumptards all declare victory as you run squealing from my direct and simple points.

Here, I'll give you a chance to address what all the other Trumps-snowflakes ran away from in tears. Maybe you're not as wimpy as the others.

Trump didn't "interfere" with the process of justice. He is the process of justice. He is the chief legal officer of the country.

Holy shit. You've taken your love of authoritarianism off the scale. You just adore your DearLeaderDictatorForLifeTrump.

Of course, that's not how it works in the real world. The "chief legal officer of the country" would be part of the judicial branch. Remember the separation of powers thing? Check out this thing called "The Constitution".

Now, one of the things Gingrich impeached Clinton over was Obstruction of Justice, for his testimony in a civil case that had already been dismissed.

How do you square that with your lunatic claims that Trump can't be charge with Obstruction of Justice?

Clearly, a sitting president can be charged with obstructon of justice, because Clinton was charged.

Clearly, it doesn't matter if the obstruction wasn't successful, because Clinton's supposed obstruction wasn't successful.

Clearly, it doesn't matter if the obstruction wasn't over a criminal matter, because Clinton's supposed obstruction wasn't over a criminal matter.

So, what mental disorder drives you to claim that Trump can't be charged with obstruction?

It's just the Republican party and all the law that that disagrees with you here. No biggee.

no, that isn't accurate. try again. this time present a link. BTW, it happens every transition.

When Flynn talked to Kisylak the president did not authorize it.

When Flynn talked to Kisylak the president did not authorize it.
you know this how? Did Trump give you a call?

He say, Hey Rad, it's Don, I tell you, I never authorized Flynn's call?

Last edited:
how is he unauthorized?

What did he negotiate with a foreign state?

Forum List

Back