Occupation 101

Democracy or ethnocracy?

"A Knesset committee has just adopted a law that enables 'reception committees' of 'communal localities' with less than 500 families to refuse would-be residents not to their liking.

"The law, which will come into force in a matter of days, is designed to circumvent the judgment of the Supreme Court forbidding the refusal to admit Arabs.

"The wording of the law is a masterpiece of verbal acrobatics, in order to avoid the use of the word 'Arab'.

"But the meaning is clear to everybody.

"An investigation by the Arab “Adala” organization has shown that the 695 agricultural and urban communities to which the law will apply occupy the greater part of the lands that belong to the government (most of which, by the way, were expropriated from Arab owners after the foundation of the state). Almost all the real estate of Israel belongs to the government.

This is a clear case of racial segregation, of the kind that existed in the US against Jews and blacks. There it disappeared 50 years ago. It concerns the very essence of the State of Israel. It turns the status of Israel’s Arab citizens, 20% of the population, into a time bomb.

The Occupation

Israelis own their houses but lease the land they are on.

Like a trailer park.

Warren Buffett, Multi-Billion Dollar Purchase of Successful Israeli Company...
Israel is exceptional. I can give you an absolute, unequivocal answer. You can go around the world and it's very impressive to see a country of 7 million create a business like this, I haven't seen anything like this in the US.

When you think about it, if you compare Israel (now) to 1948, it's very, very impressive. It's a remarkable place
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3W_86NTYA[/ame]

Democracy or ethnocracy?

"A Knesset committee has just adopted a law that enables 'reception committees' of 'communal localities' with less than 500 families to refuse would-be residents not to their liking.

"The law, which will come into force in a matter of days, is designed to circumvent the judgment of the Supreme Court forbidding the refusal to admit Arabs.

"The wording of the law is a masterpiece of verbal acrobatics, in order to avoid the use of the word 'Arab'.

"An investigation by the Arab “Adala” organization has shown that the 695 agricultural and urban communities to which the law will apply occupy the greater part of the lands that belong to the government (most of which, by the way, were expropriated from Arab owners after the foundation of the state). Almost all the real estate of Israel belongs to the government.

This is a clear case of racial segregation, of the kind that existed in the US against Jews and blacks. There it disappeared 50 years ago. It concerns the very essence of the State of Israel. It turns the status of Israel’s Arab citizens, 20% of the population, into a time bomb.

The Occupation

Like a trailer park.

Israel is exceptional. I can give you an absolute, unequivocal answer. You can go around the world and it's very impressive to see a country of 7 million create a business like this, I haven't seen anything like this in the US.

When you think about it, if you compare Israel (now) to 1948, it's very, very impressive. It's a remarkable place

WOW, a double wide trailer park.

Like a trailer park.

Arabs and Muslims live in a cesspool

Israelis live in the land of milk and honey.

Democracy or ethnocracy?

The Occupation

Like a trailer park.
Brings a whole new complexion to "trailer trash."

What kind of democracy allows government ownership of most land?

One based on race or religion?

Arabs and Muslims live in a cesspool

Israelis live in the land of milk and honey.

Israel steals the land from the Palestinians and leases it to the Jews.

How could you not be rich and prosperous with a scam like that?

These "Palestinians" who are a fiction? You also believe in the tooth fairy, fairy? :lol:

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arab American Journalist Joe Farah...
There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of 1 percent of the landmass.

Palestine has never existed -- before or since -- as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.
Myths of the Middle East

Arab Commentator Azmi Bishara...
Well, I dont think there is a Palestinian nation at all. I think there is an Arab nation. I always thought so and I did not change my mind. I do not think there is a Palestinian nation, I think its a colonialist invention - Palestinian nation. When were there any Palestinians? Where did it come from? I think there is an Arab nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Greater Syria.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n5-yG-6dU[/ame]

Democracy or ethnocracy?

Arab American Journalist Joseph Farah: Why Arabs Love Israel...
Far from being mistreated, the Arab population in Israel and in the territories administered by Israel has been freer than the population in any Arab state. Arabs in Israel vote. They elect leaders to the Knesset. They have their own political parties. They have their own newspapers. They have full rights to citizenship. They are free to speak their minds. As an Arab-American journalist who has spent a good deal of time covering the region, I can tell you there is more freedom for Arabs in Israel than in any Arab state.

Land cannot possibly be the contentious issue as the Arab and Muslim states in the region already have 800 times as much territory as Israel. The Arabs have 50 times the population of Israel. The Arabs have all of the oil reserves of the region. They have 21 states of their own – all varying shades of police states. It's difficult to imagine how one more will bring peace to a region that has known some of the most devastating and costly wars of the last century.

If conditions for Arabs are so bad in Israel, why is the Arab population exploding -- and I don't mean because of suicide bombers? Why do Arabs continue to flock to the tiny Jewish state from virtually every Arab and Muslim land in the world? In 1949, the Arab population of Israel was about 160,000. Today, it is over 1.2 million. This is hardly attributable to higher birth rates. Most of the growth in Arab population is due to migration. In other words, Arabs are picking up stakes in Arab lands and choosing to live in Israel.
This trend, of course, doesn't include Arab Jewish migration to Israel. No one talks about the staggering number of Arab Jewish refugees – as many as 1 million – who fled the Muslim world with little more than the clothes on their backs to reach the safety and security of the Jewish state in the last 50 years. We're led to believe Arabs hate Israel – and, indeed, it's true there is an irrational, inexplicable form of virulent anti-Semitism growing in the Arab and Muslim world. But when they vote with their feet, Arabs seem to love Israel. They continue to choose it as a place to live over life in their native countries as they have for the last half-century.
Why Arabs love Israel
Why do supporters of Israel whenever they're members of a minority (Jewish Americans make up ~2% of the US population) extol a secular state where the majority religion sacrifices "its traditional symbols and culture in the name of freedom of religion", yet when in the majority advocate "for a state where a religious symbol is on the very flag itself, and where individuals must carry ID cards denoting their religious background?"

Why do these same supporters of Israel fail to mention a number of passages from the Talmud traditionally omitted from English translations?

"...for example, from a fundamental book of Hassidism: ' All non-Jews are totally satanic creatures "in whom there is absolutely nothing good." Even a non-Jewish embryo is qualitatively different from a Jewish one. The very existence of a non-Jew is "non-essential", whereas all creation was created solely for the sake of the Jews.'"

All creation...
Was created...
Solely for the sake of the Jews...???????

Anybody think that's worth $7 million US tax dollars per day?

What Our Taxes

Like this?

"Shahak and Mezvinsky provide a number of translations from the Talmud and other writings that they note are omitted from books on Judaism published in English; for example, from a fundamental book of Hassidism: 'All non-Jews are totally satanic creatures "in whom there is absolutely nothing good." Even a non-Jewish embryo is qualitatively different from a Jewish one.

"The very existence of a non-Jew is 'non-essential', whereas all creation was created solely for the sake of the Jews.

"There are many such passages."

Are you "essential?"

Are your "fans?"

What Our Taxes...

Like this?
Of course! How did my followers know?
"Shahak and Mezvinsky provide a number of translations from the Talmud and other writings that they note are omitted from books on Judaism published in English; for example, ...
"Grossly mis-informed... Speaking as a non-Jewish Doctor of Theology, this book does an incredible disservice to all people, Jews and non-Jews. Full of misinformation and talmudic quotes taken out of context, one can only wonder what the author's personal agenda is."
Amason Book Review, July 12, 1998.
I knew my fans would find Shahak - that disturbed individual died in 2001, if I'm not mistaken, but his dumbass ideas live. Anyway, quoting him is bad manners, of course.

Who is speaking as a "non-Jewish Doctor of Theology?"
Pat Robertson?
Is "bad manners" inimical to "truth"?

Like this?
Of course! How did my followers know?
"Shahak and Mezvinsky provide a number of translations from the Talmud and other writings that they note are omitted from books on Judaism published in English; for example, ...
"Grossly mis-informed... Speaking as a non-Jewish Doctor of Theology, this book does an incredible disservice to all people, Jews and non-Jews. Full of misinformation and talmudic quotes taken out of context, one can only wonder what the author's personal agenda is."
Amason Book Review, July 12, 1998.
I knew my fans would find Shahak - that disturbed individual died in 2001, if I'm not mistaken, but his dumbass ideas live. Anyway, quoting him is bad manners, of course.
"Truthfully, the Talmud and Jewish law are such mixed bags that I'm surprised he (Rabbi Hurvitz) handed them to us to peer into.

"While I rarely speak or write on this subject matter, there is no doubt that it is significant and should be explored.

"There are two extremely valuable books on the topic by authors less timid than I, both Jewish, one Israeli: 'Jewish History, Jewish Religion' (posted on ifamericansknew.org in full) by Dr. Israel Shahak, a holocaust survivor and, until his death in 2001, a highly regarded Israeli professor of chemistry; and 'Jewish Fundamentalism in Israel,' co-authored by Dr. Shahak and Dr. Norton Mezvinsky, a professor of history who in 2002 was named by the Connecticut State University Board of Trustees an official 'Connecticut State University Professor...a signal honor, reserved for faculty members who fulfill the highest ideals of outstanding teaching, scholarly achievement and public service.'"

What Our Taxes...

"Truthfully, the Talmud and Jewish law are such mixed bags that I'm surprised he (Rabbi Hurvitz) handed them to us to peer into.
That's where we see that, Shahak had, unwittingly, admitted to having been a driveling idiot all along - making a conspiracy of getting the books, which can be bought freely. Pathetic, but dumbass morons buy and quote that drivel with a happiness of a drunken sailor.

"Israel Shahak was a resident of the Warsaw Ghetto and a survivor of Bergen-Belsen. He arrived in Palestine in 1945 and lived there until his death in 2001. He was an outspoken critic of the state of Israel and a human rights activist."

Gee...not a single mention of driveling idiots, dumbass morons,or drunken sailors.

Can you be a little more specific, doc?

Are you unsettled more by outspoken critics of Israel or human rights activists?

Jewish History, Jewish Religion:

"Israel Shahak was a resident of the Warsaw Ghetto and a survivor of Bergen-Belsen. He arrived in Palestine in 1945 and lived there until his death in 2001. He was an outspoken critic of the state of Israel and a human rights activist." Gee...not a single mention of driveling idiots, dumbass morons,or drunken sailors.
Can you be a little more specific, doc?
Of course, he was one, a hero du jour for the same ones. So, how can one make a Shahak-style 007 conspiracy out of acquiring the books, which can be bought freely?
Are you unsettled more by outspoken critics of Israel or human rights activists?
It's funny how my staunch followers always try to go personal.

In the hero of the day category, Shahak reveals on the first page of his book, Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years the incident that inspired him to activism:

"This book, although written in English and addressed to people living outside the State of Israel, is, in a way, a continuation of my political activities as an Israeli Jew.

"Those activities began in 1965-6 with a protest which caused a considerable scandal at the time: I had personally witnessed an ultra-religious Jew refuse to allow his phone to be used on the Sabbath in order to call an ambulance for a non-Jew who happened to have collapsed in his Jerusalem neighbourhood.

"Instead of simply publishing the incident in the press, I asked for a meeting which is composed of rabbis nominated by the State of Israel.

"I asked them whether such behavior was consistent with their interpretation of the Jewish religion.

"They answered that the Jew in question had behaved correctly, indeed piously, and backed their statement by referring me to a passage in an authoritative compendium of Talmudic laws, written in this century.

"I reported the incident to the main Hebrew daily, Ha'aretz, whose publication of the story caused a media scandal..."

Without getting personal, who do you think was the hero in that incident?

Shahak?
The ultra-religious Jew?
The panel of Rabbis nominated by the state of Israel?

Jewish History, Jewish Religion:

In the hero of the day category, Shahak reveals on the first page of his book, Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years the incident that inspired him to activism: "This book, although written in English and addressed to people living outside the State of Israel, is, in a way, a continuation of my political activities as an Israeli Jew. "Those activities began in 1965-6 with a protest which caused a considerable scandal at the time: I had personally witnessed an ultra-religious Jew refuse to allow his phone to be used on the Sabbath in order to call an ambulance for a non-Jew who happened to have collapsed in his Jerusalem neighbourhood. "Instead of simply publishing the incident in the press, I asked for a meeting which is composed of rabbis nominated by the State of Israel. "I asked them whether such behavior was consistent with their interpretation of the Jewish religion. "They answered that the Jew in question had behaved correctly, indeed piously, and backed their statement by referring me to a passage in an authoritative compendium of Talmudic laws, written in this century. "I reported the incident to the main Hebrew daily, Ha'aretz, whose publication of the story caused a media scandal..." Without getting personal, who do you think was the hero in that incident?
The magnificent me, of course, who likes to do reasearch, and, as it turned out, violating sabbat in cases of saving health and lives is permissible. Shahak, typically, lied, like that Pol Pot admirer, Chomskin.

Based on your research does violating sabbath in cases of saving health and lives take into consideration the race/religion of the health/life being saved?

My research indicates the Ten Commandments applies only between Jews?

What does Maimonides say? (No lies, please)

Based on your research does violating sabbath in cases of saving health and lives take into consideration the race/religion of the health/life being saved?
Nah.
My research indicates the Ten Commandments applies only between Jews?
My real reserach indicates christians are, in all honesty, worshipping a jovish rabbi.
What does Maimonides say?
Indded, what does he say?
(No lies, please)
Never do. The best way to lose credibility is lying. My flock here, though, does it all the time. They never learn.

Forum List

Back