Ocean acidification

How do we know that? Does anyone even bother to measure it? We know that Kilauea is pumping 4000 gallons of H2O per minute into the atmosphere, logically we must assume it doesn't vanish, ergo it must be adding to the water vapor percentage.

LOL! Seriously dude, you brag about hanging out with Feynman - yet you've apparently never heard of

RAIN

?!?!?!?!?

Well, under the Commerce clause, the Federal Government has every right to enforce rules concerning environment. What one state does on environment does not stay in that state. Coal fired generators in Ohio were killing fish in New England's lakes. Chemicals in the Missouri in Montana end up in the Mississippi, and the Gulf Waters.

You are fighting a fight lost 150 years ago.
Commerce clause does not allow the government to create markets where there are none or regulate in state commerce. Only an out of control supreme court twisted that clause in the 1930's and it needs to be rectified. You cannot say self sufficiency is able to be regulated by the fed.

Pollution is not an act of trade, therefore it is also constitutionally unregulatable by the fed.

Of course, as we've seen since the 1930's, the federal government has really not cared to much to abiding by original intent, focused instead on twisting it to whattever the hell they want at the time.

Lost the fight though? No. Any decision can be reversed once sanity returns, and we get some originalists back in the SCOTUS.

President Obama will probably appoint 2 or 3 more Supremes before his terms end in 2016.

How do we know that? Does anyone even bother to measure it? We know that Kilauea is pumping 4000 gallons of H2O per minute into the atmosphere, logically we must assume it doesn't vanish, ergo it must be adding to the water vapor percentage.

LOL! Seriously dude, you brag about hanging out with Feynman - yet you've apparently never heard of

RAIN

?!?!?!?!?

Westwall is one of the most ignorant posters we have seen in a long time. He apparently has never considered that the residence time of H2O in the atmosphere is less than ten days.

In one of his posts he claimed to be a scientist:lol:

How many Doctoral thesis' are coming out of General relativity as opposed to String or M theory?

Much much more in general relativity, man are you kidding? Its the hottest thing in computational physics.

Just look at the numbers of google scholar hits. So far in 2010 there are 4300 for "relativity" and 1500 for "string theory".

A lot of respected scientists don't even think string theory is a scientific theory.

If you want to make a name for yourself and get a Nobel Prize which area of research are you most likely to get it from?

If you're in it to make a name for yourself you're in it for the wrong reasons. You follow whichever subfield you are most interested in. Otherwise you may as well just ditch the whole science thing and get a degree in Medical Physics where you can make some money.

If you're in it to win the Nobel Prize you're just stupid. Most people are way too old to enjoy it by the time they receive it. Plus your odds are better playing the lotto.

The last I checked Quantum work is primarily geared toward confirming what has allready been theorized.
Yeah, tell that to this guy: Jonathan Dowling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is still active theoretical research going on in ALL areas of physics.

You can't really expect me to take you seriously when you use wikipedia as a source now do you?
How many Doctoral thesis' are coming out of General relativity as opposed to String or M theory?

Much much more in general relativity, man are you kidding? Its the hottest thing in computational physics.

Just look at the numbers of google scholar hits. So far in 2010 there are 4300 for "relativity" and 1500 for "string theory".

A lot of respected scientists don't even think string theory is a scientific theory.

If you want to make a name for yourself and get a Nobel Prize which area of research are you most likely to get it from?

If you're in it to make a name for yourself you're in it for the wrong reasons. You follow whichever subfield you are most interested in. Otherwise you may as well just ditch the whole science thing and get a degree in Medical Physics where you can make some money.

If you're in it to win the Nobel Prize you're just stupid. Most people are way too old to enjoy it by the time they receive it. Plus your odds are better playing the lotto.

The last I checked Quantum work is primarily geared toward confirming what has allready been theorized.
Yeah, tell that to this guy: Jonathan Dowling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is still active theoretical research going on in ALL areas of physics.

And yet I don't ever resort to lying or removing certain data from a post that would weaken my position as you have repeatedly done in only the last four days that I've been a member of this forum.

Ignorant perhaps, intellectually dishonest and a prevaricator of the first order...no I'll leave that particular appelation to you.

RAIN

?!?!?!?!?

Westwall is one of the most ignorant posters we have seen in a long time. He apparently has never considered that the residence time of H2O in the atmosphere is less than ten days.

In one of his posts he claimed to be a scientist:lol:

Commerce clause does not allow the government to create markets where there are none or regulate in state commerce.

Actually, any intrastate commerce which can affect interstate commerce can be regulated by Congress under the commerce clause. See Railroad Commission of Wisconsin v. Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad Company (1922)

Only an out of control supreme court twisted that clause in the 1930's and it needs to be rectified.

LOL! OK, you're one of those dufus's that doesn't care how the law will actually be applied, only how you wish it was applied in your fantasy land. Sorry buddy but your opinion doesn't count on matters of law.

Pollution is not an act of trade, therefore it is also constitutionally unregulatable by the fed.

Have you ever heard of the "necessary and proper clause" ? Pollution affects trade. You don't like it, quit your fucking whining, get a law degree, and sue the government.

You know as a grad student you must be a real peach. I suggest you take a few geology classes so you can get some practical knowledge of exactly how the world works because clearly your head is lost in the theoretical world.

Just don't allow yourself to become intellectually dishonest like your confidant Old Rocks. I still have some hope for you young man. You may be saveable as you seem to understand a modicum of manners but really, expand your knowledge a bit.

RAIN

?!?!?!?!?

You know as a grad student you must be a real peach. I suggest you take a few geology classes so you can get some practical knowledge of exactly how the world works because clearly your head is lost in the theoretical world.

Is that a joke?

I mean, you do realize that when people say "scientists don't know anything about the real world!" - that they aren't literally talking about the physical, geological Earth itself, right? Is that why you consider yourself a practical guy? You know something about the "real world" - that being what's inside of it? That's hilarious.

I'm going to go ahead and take a stab and guess you're a petroleum geologist? Which oil company do you work for?

Last edited:
Jeez but you have an amazingly thin skin don't you! When I say you need to get out in the real world I mean exactly that. In geology we have scientists (who we refer to as black box geologists because they are never in the field) who if they ever are in the field are lost. They have no clue what the heck they are looking at.

I perceive you have the same problem. You resort to ridicule and personal attacks punctuated by expletives and yet you have never even seen a volcano close up I would wager. I have been to Kilauea on 7 different occasions over the years and have visited several other volcano's as well.

You boys are allways talking about how "when the CO2 does this or when the CO2 does that the world is going to end" and yet it is running merrily on ignoring your predictions.
The last time Iceland had a major eruption was 1783 and it went on for 8 months....the worldwide weather was altered for years. Crops failed throughout Europe and tens of thousands of people died. Hell thousands of people died from the gases that wafted over Europe.

So riddle me this Batman.....if we are doing so much damage how come we havn't come even remotely close to doing that much damage with 65 years of effort? A single volcanic eruption wreaked havoc on Europe for a couple of years and according to your facts and figures we have done thousands of times more damage and yet.......nothing! Where is the mass destruction?...where is the death?.... where is the moonscape? C'mon you're a smart guy. Show me the destruction we are causing.

Is that a joke?

I mean, you do realize that when people say "scientists don't know anything about the real world!" - that they aren't literally talking about the physical, geological Earth itself, right? Is that why you consider yourself a practical guy? You know something about the "real world" - that being what's inside of it? That's hilarious.

I'm going to go ahead and take a stab and guess you're a petroleum geologist? Which oil company do you work for?

Last edited:
I spent three months in the Amazon basin living off of the land...how about you? I've been on every continent how about you? I have more real experience with the world than you ever will. I remember watching the Day the World Stood Still and at the end when the filmaker has the wonderful end of electricity I was thinking to myself...ah yes utopia..no filthy electricity to ruin our lives...of course within 6 months 5 billion people would be dead but who cares! Kill 'em all! Those scenarios crack me up. Most of you folks would be dead in the first three months because you havn't a clue how to do anything. You would all either starve or be someone elses sandwich.

Oh and one more thing I wasn't bragging about hanging with Feynman. I was stating that because of the talks I had the priviledge of having with him I can carry on a conversation with a narrow minded scientific Neanderthal and not lose my temper. And never forget he said this and please note the emphasis on Nature!

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."

RAIN

?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Jeez but you have an amazingly thin skin don't you! When I say you need to get out in the real world I mean exactly that. In geology we have scientists (who we refer to as black box geologists because they are never in the field) who if they ever are in the field are lost. They have no clue what the heck they are looking at.

I spent 1 1/2 years operating a telescope for the United States Navy. Does that qualify as "in the field" enough for you? Or would you expect that "in the field" in astronomy would involve doing the things that "in the field" in geology would for some stupid reason?

You resort to ridicule and personal attacks punctuated by expletives and yet you have never even seen a volcano close up I would wager. I have been to Kilauea on 7 different occasions over the years and have visited several other volcano's as well.

Good for you. Did it ever occur to you that as a student of astrophysics, I wouldn't really have the time to be doing the types of things that students of geology do? Jeez man, you're essentially stating "You're not in the real world because you don't study the same science as me" which is about as fucked as it gets.

WHICH OIL COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR ?

I spent three months in the Amazon basin living off of the land...how about you?

I walked 450 miles from Georgia to Virginia through the mountains on a footpath with 60 lbs on my back until my knee blew out. Are we seriously in a pissing contest over who has had the most awesome outdoor experiences? Really? Is that what this has come down to? Because guess what - you win - and I don't give a fuck. So you can stop your pissing.

I've been on every continent how about you? I have more real experience with the world than you ever will.

By your big headed "I've had dinner with Feynman and have been all over the world" attitude I can imagine you've got quite a bit more experience sucking your own dick than an ordinary person as well, but I wouldn't brag about that.

Oh and one more thing I wasn't bragging about hanging with Feynman.
Sure you weren't.

Last edited:
Great then!

The reason we know water vapor is not the culprit is that water vapor levels in the atmosphere have not been going up.

Did you get that from the Vostok Ice Cores or from the precise measurements they took 50 or 500 years ago?

i'm not sure how you'd get water vapour measurements from an ice core considering ice is water.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I couldn't have made the point any better if I said it myself!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

You have no records, yet you ruled out H2O

Thank you!

Thank you

Thank You!

Is that a joke?

Spider, Westwall is not a scientist of any kind, and certainly not a geologist. His 'knowledge' in Geology is nill.

Forum List

Back