Ocean temperture records

What did they do in 1872 to get temperture readings at a depth of 900 meters?

Tie a thermometer to rope and an anchor, throw it overboard and pull it up real fast????????

Probably were smart enough to have a slot or valve that could be opened and closed via another line.
Doubt it, I don't think they were smart enough to realize it back then.

We are talking about common men, stuck on a ship for months on end..the scientist aboard that ship had to deal with young ones who we're bored to death, had to deal with pirates, and thinking to themselves " this guy wants us to stop and do what?"

Its human nature and physcolgy ..

In 1728, they got the speed of light to within a few percent. I think they were smart enough to open and close the door on a sample bucket in the 1800s.
:badgrin:
well today they're not smart enough to run a simple experiment that would validate their hypothesis.

Why don't you design it and put in for a grant?
I have another job that I work 50 hours a week on. I expect experts to do what they say is the scientific procedure. The fact they can't seems like we're already wasting money on lunatics on a mission.

Tie a thermometer to rope and an anchor, throw it overboard and pull it up real fast????????

Probably were smart enough to have a slot or valve that could be opened and closed via another line.

We are talking about common men, stuck on a ship for months on end..the scientist aboard that ship had to deal with young ones who we're bored to death, had to deal with pirates, and thinking to themselves " this guy wants us to stop and do what?"

In 1728, they got the speed of light to within a few percent. I think they were smart enough to open and close the door on a sample bucket in the 1800s.

Oh God fla... I am dealing with guys in the year 2016 that have to ask me , hey bill " which way do I need to turn this wrench?"

I have to tell them today lefty losey, righty tighty "

And they are making $28 bucks an hour.

Yeah but it depends on which way the bolt end is facing. It's complicated. Garden hoses get me everytime.
it's ok go learn about male parts and female parts and who inserts what into what. it helps. We use it when working with connectors all the time. In fact they list the parts as male ends or female ends. It works.

Oh God fla... I am dealing with guys in the year 2016 that have to ask me , hey bill " which way do I need to turn this wrench?"

Yeah but it depends on which way the bolt end is facing. It's complicated. Garden hoses get me everytime. :eusa_dance:

Yea I agree it was upside down and funny as heck lmao

Yeah but it depends on which way the bolt end is facing. It's complicated. Garden hoses get me everytime. :eusa_dance:

Yea I agree it was upside down and funny as heck lmao
Guys messing around with guys no girl gets that humor..

Forum List

Back