Ocean temperture records

Then how do you explain the Hadley SST record back to 1850?

And if you want to call me a liar, you better have better evidence then "I mentioned it". So, fuck you and your "TEMPERTURE RECORD"

What took a year? I've never seen this stupid thread before. Do you see me making any comments before tonight? No. Did either of you actually go LOOK for older ocean temperature data? Apparently not.

I have been trying to find it for a year, on the net and in books, nothing , zilch...just unreliable graphs like yours.

Ocean temperatures – Is that warming statistically significant? « JoNova

For some inexplicable reason NOAA publish graphs of ocean heat content (OHC) but not ocean temperatures — the later are what the equipment measures, and what we relate to. So we need to convert OHC back to degrees C to find out the change in temperature.

Inspired by Willis Eschenbach, David Evans has done it with the ARGO data. (David doesn’t use non-ARGO data because he considers the XBT and buckets-off-boats stuff to be whimsical fantasy with error bars up where the unicorns fly, see below.) ARGO data only properly started in 2003, and any data at-depth before then was sparse. Compare it to the detail in our atmospheric measurements. We’ve been releasing weather-balloons twice a day from800 sites around the Earth for five decades. To measure the global oceans we used 50 ships “of opportunity” (which happened to be in a shipping-lane) and XBT’s were fired down, not twice a day but once every few weeks. And vast tracts of the ocean hardly got measured, ever, especially the deepest parts. (XBT’s only get down to about 800m.)

What took a year? I've never seen this stupid thread before. Do you see me making any comments before tonight? No. Did either of you actually go LOOK for older ocean temperature data? Apparently not.

I have been trying to find it for a year, on the net and in books, nothing , zilch...just unreliable graphs like yours.

Don't try to squirm your way out of it. What you said was:
Lmao it took crick a year

There's nothing unreliable about the Hadley SST dataset.

I love our ocean dataset. It is accurate and the only one we got. ;) Only a very irrational person could argue that it is all a crock.

the spotty and haphazard instrumental ocean temp measurements of the 19th and early 20th centuries are barely better than proxy records. the uncertainties are huge.

Obviously. But they do exist and they set certain constraints on the ranges of the measured values.

Obviously. But they do exist and they set certain constraints on the ranges of the measured values.

Maybe? If they do exist why are they so embarrassed not to post them?

It's been driving me crazy for an entire year, what data they have, and how they got it, to boast the oceans are warming the past 100 years.

The data they do possess indicate that is what is happening.

And even if you want to restrict yourself to ARGO buoy data, you still get this:

levitus_2012_figure.jpg

Global Change Analysis

Argo also provides this interesting piece

Steric sea level

Steric sea level provides a great example of Argo's complementary relationship with other observing system elements, particularly the altimeter Jason. Argo provides the capability to understand sea level change by measuring its component due to subsurface temperature and salinity. The steric component is dominant over the mass component in regional sea level variability and on a global basis it accounts for about 1/3 of total sea level increase in the past half century (Domingues et al 2008). Accurate projections of future sea level require an understanding of the causes of sea level change in the modern record.

On seasonal and longer time-scales, sea surface height is dominated by changes in subsurface density. Thus, by measuring temperature and salinity as a function of depth, Argo reveals not only how much of sea surface height variability is steric in origin, but also how the steric signal is distributed over depth and between temperature and salinity. Combining sea surface height measurements from the Jason altimeter and Argo's ability to see below the ocean surface, climate related basin-scale signals on interannual and decadal timescales, such as a 15-year spin-up of the South Pacific gyre described by Roemmich et al, 2007 are becoming apparent. On global scales, Argo and Jason, together with satellite gravity measurements, partition global sea level rise into its steric and mass-related components (Ablain et al, 2015, Dieng et al, 2015, Llovel et al, 2014, Leuliette and Willis, 2011, Willis et al, 2008, Cazenave et al, 2009, Leuliette and Miller, 2009, Wunsch et al, 2007).
llovel_2014_sm.jpg

Figure 1: The esimates are observed variations by satellite altimetry (blue), ocean mass contributions based on GRACE data (solid black) and steric sea level based on in situ observations (red). The dashed black curve shows the indirect steric mean sea-level estimate inferred by removing ocean mass contributions from the observed sea-level time series. Seasonal signals have been removed from all curves. Curves are offset for clarity. Shading, where shown, denotes 1-σ uncertainty of the respective estimates.
Llovel et al, 2014

For those who've been wondering:
steric

or sterical
[ster-ik, steer-]
adjective, Chemistry.
of or relating to the spatial relationships of atoms in a molecule.

The AGWCult finally signed their Death Warrant with the "Oceans ate my global warming" fictional narrative The man made climate change cult is like Swiss cheese, so many holes in it.

They just don't know, But are so arrogant and think they do.
Only real quality scientist like you can be trusted:badgrin: ..over NOAA and NASA...will you be giving forecast on the path of Hurricanes this season...NOAA is just not reliable...like you all ..:2up:

The AGWCult finally signed their Death Warrant with the "Oceans ate my global warming" fictional narrative The man made climate change cult is like Swiss cheese, so many holes in it.

Only real quality scientist like you can be trusted:badgrin: ..over NOAA and NASA...will you be giving forecast on the path of Hurricanes this season...NOAA is just not reliable...like you all ..:2up:

So where is it Einstein?

So where is it Einstein?

Science is nothing compared to you....Only you know the "Real Truth"....:badgrin:

So where is it Einstein?

Science is nothing compared to you....Only you know the "Real Truth"....:badgrin:

You could have just said, "you're right, I got nothing but insults" Oh and add, I get paid by the post no matter how stupid and useless they are

I love our ocean dataset. It is accurate and the only one we got. ;) Only a very irrational person could argue that it is all a crock.
This is who they link to in order to invalidate temperature record
JoNova
A science presenter, writer, speaker & former TV host; <-----------Apparently Has ZERO background in Science other than as a "presenter"......:badgrin:

JoNova
A science presenter, writer, speaker & former TV host; <-----------Apparently Has ZERO background in Science other than as a "presenter"......:badgrin:

Again no fucking data?

Just Google ocean temperature data fool.

All you get is Argo and Challenger.

JoNova

Again no fucking data?

JoNova a "Science presenter and former TV show host" just destroyed all of Climate science....JUST OBLITERATED agw..:badgrin:

JoNova

Again no fucking data?

That's odd. I got this:

About 2,430,000 results (0.41 seconds)
  1. [paste:font size="4"]New Climate Study By NOAA - insideclimatenews.org‎
    Adwww.insideclimatenews.org/noaa-study‎Global Warming
  2. The Future of Coal
Search Results[/paste:font]
Temperature Data - NODC
https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/.../temperature.html
National Oceanographic Data Center
by A Allegra - ‎2015
Nov 17, 2015 - temperature data title image. Our most complete global temperature datasets are contained in: World Ocean Atlas/Database: Quality Controlled ...
National Oceanographic Data Center Home Page
The United States NODC archives and provides public access to global oceanographic and coastaldata, products, and information. Popular items include ...
Access Data · ‎Temperature Data · ‎World Ocean Database · ‎Wave Data
Access Data - NODC
Access Data
Dec 3, 2015 - World Ocean Atlas. The World Ocean Atlas (WOA) contains objectively analyzed climatological fields of in situ temperature, salinity, oxygen, ...
Images for ocean temperature dataupload_2016-6-26_8-23-12.png
upload_2016-6-26_8-23-12.png
upload_2016-6-26_8-23-12.jpeg
upload_2016-6-26_8-23-12.png
upload_2016-6-26_8-23-12.jpeg
More images for ocean temperature data
Data.GISS: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP)
data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
Goddard Institute for Space Studies
Apr 15, 2016 - + GISTEMP Team, 2016: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP) . ... theocean data are tested; it is also shown that global temperature ...
You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 1/9/16
Sea Surface Temperature | Climate Change | US EPA
https://www3.epa.gov/.../oceans/sea-su...
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Line graph showing changes in average global sea surface temperature from ... Choosing a different baseline period would not change the shape of the data ...
SST - sea surface temperature - Climate Data Guide - University ...
https://climatedataguide.ucar.edu/variables/ocean/sst-sea-surface-temperature
The Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation (AMO) has been identified as a coherent mode of natural variability occurring in the North Atlantic Ocean with an estimated ...
Sea Surface Temperatures -- SSEC
www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/sst/
University of Wisconsin‑Madison
Jun 13, 2014 - Latest Sea Surface Temperature image - no map version ... The lower resolution datapreviously sent by NCEP are no longer available.
Revisiting historical ocean surface temperatures - RealClimate
www.realclimate.org/.../revisiting-historical-ocean-surface-temperatures/
RealClimate
Jul 11, 2011 - HadSST3 not only greatly expands the amount of raw data ... The ocean temperaturehistory is obviously a big part of the global surface air ...
Instrumental temperature record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Instrumental - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediatemperature_record
Wikipedia
Jump to Global surface and ocean datasets - ... (GHCN-Monthly) data base contains historicaltemperature, precipitation, and pressure data for thousands ...

JoNova

Again no fucking data?

That's odd. I got this:

About 2,430,000 results (0.41 seconds)
  1. [paste:font size="4"]New Climate Study By NOAA - insideclimatenews.org‎
    Adwww.insideclimatenews.org/noaa-study‎Global Warming
  2. The Future of Coal
Search Results[/paste:font]
Temperature Data - NODC
https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/.../temperature.html
by A Allegra - ‎2015
Nov 17, 2015 - temperature data title image. Our most complete global temperature datasets are contained in: World Ocean Atlas/Database: Quality Controlled ...

The United States NODC archives and provides public access to global oceanographic and coastaldata, products, and information. Popular items include ...
Access Data · ‎Temperature Data · ‎World Ocean Database · ‎Wave Data
Access Data - NODC

Access Data
Dec 3, 2015 - World Ocean Atlas. The World Ocean Atlas (WOA) contains objectively analyzed climatological fields of in situ temperature, salinity, oxygen, ...
Images for ocean temperature dataView attachment 79476
View attachment 79477
View attachment 79478
View attachment 79480
View attachment 79479
More images for ocean temperature data
Data.GISS: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP)

data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
Goddard Institute for Space Studies
Apr 15, 2016 - + GISTEMP Team, 2016: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP) . ... theocean data are tested; it is also shown that global temperature ...
You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 1/9/16
Sea Surface Temperature | Climate Change | US EPA

https://www3.epa.gov/.../oceans/sea-su...
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Line graph showing changes in average global sea surface temperature from ... Choosing a different baseline period would not change the shape of the data ...
SST - sea surface temperature - Climate Data Guide - University ...

https://climatedataguide.ucar.edu/variables/ocean/sst-sea-surface-temperature
The Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation (AMO) has been identified as a coherent mode of natural variability occurring in the North Atlantic Ocean with an estimated ...
Sea Surface Temperatures -- SSEC

www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/sst/
University of Wisconsin‑Madison
Jun 13, 2014 - Latest Sea Surface Temperature image - no map version ... The lower resolution datapreviously sent by NCEP are no longer available.
Revisiting historical ocean surface temperatures - RealClimate

www.realclimate.org/.../revisiting-historical-ocean-surface-temperatures/
RealClimate
Jul 11, 2011 - HadSST3 not only greatly expands the amount of raw data ... The ocean temperaturehistory is obviously a big part of the global surface air ...
Instrumental temperature record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Instrumental - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediatemperature_record
Wikipedia
Jump to Global surface and ocean datasets - ... (GHCN-Monthly) data base contains historicaltemperature, precipitation, and pressure data for thousands ...

Get the fuck out with your stupid ass graphs.

Missed this 1960 till Argo

Records reveal robust ocean warming - physicsworld.com

Most ocean temperature measurements were collected by expendable bathythermographs (XBTs) – devices that have been dropped from ships since the 1960s. XBTs are designed to sink at a known rate while measuring and transmitting the water temperature back to the ship via two wires.

However, there are two problems with XBT data. First, the probes were normally launched from ships on routine passages – and therefore missed out on much of the Southern Ocean and other less-travelled waters. Second, the design of the XBT has changed over the years, and researchers have discovered that some probes do not actually fall as expected. This means that temperature versus depth data could be flawed.

Forum List

Back