Offer Assad a way out.

Mogulman

Rookie
Sep 5, 2013
I think Bashar Assad knows how punishing an attack by the U.S. would be to his military and that it could possibly lead to his quick overthrow. His only bargaining chip to avert that is his gas arenal.
He should be given the option of handing over his chemical weapons to the United Nations in exchange for being able to stay in power awhile longer. He would have to agree to allow for unlimited inspections afterwords.
This will spare a lot of bloodshed in Syria.
If President Barack Obama wants to live up to his Nobel Peace Prize, he should make Assad this offer.

You think Assad has anything to say about this?

obama is in no position to offer anyone anything.

I think Bashar Assad knows how punishing an attack by the U.S. would be to his military and that it could possibly lead to his quick overthrow. His only bargaining chip to avert that is his gas arenal.
He should be given the option of handing over his chemical weapons to the United Nations in exchange for being able to stay in power awhile longer. He would have to agree to allow for unlimited inspections afterwords.
If President Barack Obama wants to live up to his Nobel Peace Prize, he should make Assad this offer.

Thats what I proposed on my "What about this?" thread. If we are asking Iran to give up nukes or get bombed...why not ask Assad the same thing...make him an offer he cant refuse...???

Actually, I believe months ago overatures were made to Assad that he could be granted residence somewhere and get to keep the money, but he figured he could hold on.

Being asked to leave or be bombed out of town might get a different reply....

Russia will never give up Assad unless they are assured of another Assad. They'll put his dead body on ice and pretend until they get one first. Russia will not allow al quaeda, al nursa or the muslim brotherhood to overrun and take that navy base.

We have to keep in mind that it's not about WMDs. Obama would never offer that plan because it would expose the true intent of our presence there. Russia and Assad might accept it but "the coalition with no name" never would.

Russia will never give up Assad unless they are assured of another Assad. They'll put his dead body on ice and pretend until they get one first. Russia will not allow al quaeda, al nursa or the muslim brotherhood to overrun and take that navy base.

Correct...and neither will the syrian people according to Krauthammer and others I have heard.

Correct...and neither will the syrian people according to Krauthammer and others I have heard.

They will not give up because the Road to Damascus is the Shia crescent and Assad is not killing Shia.

Were he to start killing his own shia tribe, then it would be different. As far as Islam is concerned Assad is legitimate. The Arabs want him gone, but they know he's legitimate.

This works even when both sides are arab or shia. Look to the Palestinians. Fatah vs Hamas.

Hamas is seen as legitimate in both the Arab and Shia world. Abbas and Fatah are not seen as legitimate

The Arabs have seen the loss of Iraq to the Shia and they wish to even the scales with a return of Arab control in Syria.

The West and Europe see a partitioning of Syria as a healthy outcomes.

Now if the Arab states are willing to pay for this, then likely either Capitalist Republicans or Capitalist & Social Democrats would jump to tether it like they did with Iraq and Kuwait.

The difference is that these Democrats can't keep their stupid mouths shut and blurt everything out. They can't seem to protect their information and strategies either.

Meh

Imo, the best we can hope for is some balkanization, with Assad retaining power in a smaller area. Zig Brezinski is propably right in thinking the stalemate is probably in our best interest. When neither side can win, maybe they'll do a deal.

I can see the logic is bombing some chem weapon delivery systems or maft to make a point of ex-nay with the Sarin ... assuming Assad really did it.

Assad will not agree to anything that would weaken his power and lead to his being overthrown either in the near or far future if he is overthrown he dies to live he has to win and keep power in Syria he has shown he is willing to do anything to accomplish this and so far the rest of the world has shown they are not willing to do anything to prevent this.

They will not give up because the Road to Damascus is the Shia crescent and Assad is not killing Shia.

Were he to start killing his own shia tribe, then it would be different. As far as Islam is concerned Assad is legitimate. The Arabs want him gone, but they know he's legitimate.

This works even when both sides are arab or shia. Look to the Palestinians. Fatah vs Hamas.

Hamas is seen as legitimate in both the Arab and Shia world. Abbas and Fatah are not seen as legitimate

The Arabs have seen the loss of Iraq to the Shia and they wish to even the scales with a return of Arab control in Syria.

Now if the Arab states are willing to pay for this, then likely either Capitalist Republicans or Capitalist & Social Democrats would jump to tether it like they did with Iraq and Kuwait.

The difference is that these Democrats can't keep their stupid mouths shut and blurt everything out. They can't seem to protect their information and strategies either.

Meh

can't keep their mouths shut or are scared shitless of the true casus belli coming out ?

Meh

can't keep their mouths shut or are scared shitless of the true casus belli coming out ?

Like it's any different than the previous one?

Other than it coming right from the mules bray?

Meh

no different---I'm just noticing the fear that they seem to have regarding the "secret" that they are hiding.

President Obama already tried the diplomacy route

Once again, you have forgotten, or you continue to refuse to accept the fact that President Obama is in charge of the world's biggest military.

You rw's constanly let your racism and hatred get in the way of the facts.

The FACT in this case is that its Obama who holds ALL the power. Including over your heart throb, Putin. If the US wants to offer Assad a reason to stop torturing and murdering women and children, how about we offer to let him live.

In case you still don't get it, you can believe that Assad heard a rumor about how bin Laden was hunted down and killed BECAUSE he murdered innocent people.

As always, I'm against war and the president has said he does not want a war either. But, I would not be against Obama doing what he did with bin Laden ... Just very quietly, no big fanfare, just hunting Assad down and killing him.

Do you rw fools really think Assad is not thinking about that?

President Obama already tried the diplomacy route

Once again, you have forgotten, or you continue to refuse to accept the fact that President Obama is in charge of the world's biggest military.

You rw's constanly let your racism and hatred get in the way of the facts.

The FACT in this case is that its Obama who holds ALL the power. Including over your heart throb, Putin. If the US wants to offer Assad a reason to stop torturing and murdering women and children, how about we offer to let him live.

In case you still don't get it, you can believe that Assad heard a rumor about how bin Laden was hunted down and killed BECAUSE he murdered innocent people.

As always, I'm against war and the president has said he does not want a war either. But, I would not be against Obama doing what he did with bin Laden ... Just very quietly, no big fanfare, just hunting Assad down and killing him.

Do you rw fools really think Assad is not thinking about that?

the desperate race card again ? really ??

images

Great Idea - one in the roof of the mouth, all his troubles are over....

Last edited:

no different---I'm just noticing the fear that they seem to have regarding the "secret" that they are hiding.

It's not a secret.

They blurted it out.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...tries-have-offered-to-pay-for-syria-invasion/

:eusa_drool:

It was already rumored strongly..

Forum List

Back