Oh how Republicans love that small government ideal...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
...when a democrat is in the White House. Where did it go between 2001-2009?

Disclaimer: File under "Deathgrip on the obvious but still worth highlighting"

Last edited:

bush was more of a democrat than anythin else.....and obama is doubling down......

with all the money bush spent and we ended up tanking...makes you wonder why all yall think spending even more will even work......

There's a lot of the republican electorate that wondered the same thing.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Homeland Security: Formed November 25, 2002.

As of 2007, 208,000 employees and an annual budget in 2009 of $52.0 billion.

It's reach includes:

U.S Customs and Border Protection

Federal Emergency Management Agency (That' right, FEMA)

U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Transportation Security Administration

United States Coast Guard

United States Secret Service

With more than 200,000 employees, DHS is the third largest Cabinet department, after the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs. Homeland security policy is coordinated at the White House by the Homeland Security Council. Other agencies with significant homeland security responsibilities include the Departments of Health and Human Services, Justice, and Energy.

In total, incorporates 22 government agencies into a single organization.

...Small Government my ass :lol:.

And if Republicans had so many problems with "Liberal" Bush. Then where the hell was all this talk about him being Liberal? It only seemed to popped up since oh 2006 when America really started to dislike the fucktard lame duck.

I just posted this in another thread:

$BushBigSpender.jpg

Isn't great how Obama is following in his footsteps?

You tell me. I'm STILL a proponent of small government and government at the lowest level. I think the GOP abandoned that part of their platform in the 80s.

I just posted this in another thread:

View attachment 6753

Isn't great how Obama is following in his footsteps?

War doesn't come cheap you know. Despite the fact that Bush couldn't even get decent body armor for our troops. :eusa_whistle:

It's not just the war. The expenditures were huge across the board. And Obama will most likely top that. Amazing.

My biggest complaint about the war was not that we shouldn't take Saddam out, but that we couldn't afford it. Strange how people called me unpatriotic. Now it's unpatriotic not to pay more in taxes.

bush was more of a democrat than anythin else.....and obama is doubling down......

with all the money bush spent and we ended up tanking...makes you wonder why all yall think spending even more will even work......

Unfortunately, the Republican Party drunk with arrogance failed miserably in the "ball check" department. It's not only the Bush administration but the Party Toppers that have to bear the responsibility. Until the TARP Horde are purged from the party, the Republicans will have zero credibility on conservative fiscal issues. In fact, the Republicans will have zero credibility on quite of few issues as a result of the prior 8 years.

Right or wrong the idea of bums receiving undeserved relief sits much better than Wall Street bandits milking TARP for office remodeling, company vacations, golden parachutes, and so on. The Republicans have a serious perception issue that will only be resolved via a elephant cleansing.

My biggest complaint about the war was not that we shouldn't take Saddam out, but that we couldn't afford it. Strange how people called me unpatriotic. Now it's unpatriotic not to pay more in taxes.

We still can't afford to even hold Iraq in it's current state. We're only about halfway through our spending in Iraq. Never mind the countless aid we'll give them for the next 50-100 years at the least if their joke of what they call a democracy can last more then a week after we leave.

We still can't afford to even hold Iraq in it's current state. We're only about halfway through our spending in Iraq. Never mind the countless aid we'll give them for the next 50-100 years at the least if their joke of what they call a democracy can last more then a week after we leave.

Iraq is BY FAR the CHEAPEST war we have ever fought. Less than 4% of GDP, less than a THIRD of what Vietnam cost us....

Iraq is BY FAR the CHEAPEST war we have ever fought. Less than 4% of GDP, less than a THIRD of what Vietnam cost us....

Mind posting some sources to back that up? And it doesn't really matter if it is one of the cheapest wars we have ever fought, it's still putting a huge hole in our economy and our military.

Besides, Vietnam lasted alot longer then Iraq. If you want, we can stay in Iraq for another 9 years and we'll compare numbers then? :confused:

We didn't have a real republican between 2001 and 2009.

Mind posting some sources to back that up? And it doesn't really matter if it is one of the cheapest wars we have ever fought, it's still putting a huge hole in our economy and our military.

Besides, Vietnam lasted alot longer then Iraq. If you want, we can stay in Iraq for another 9 years and we'll compare numbers then? :confused:

That's in per year expenditures. WWII was the costliest at 26%, Civil War at 24%, WWI next at 16%. Used to be the Spanish-American war was the cheapest, until Iraq..... We spent a great deal more on an annual basis for Persian Gulf I...

Also by far the cheapest in casualties, and that isn't even close. We lost more in ONE DAY on Normandy than in six YEARS in Iraq. We've had a little over 4,000 dead in Iraq, 23,000 wounded. Vietnam? 58,000 dead 350,000 wounded. WWII, 3.5 years, 425,000 dead 2,500,000 wounded.....by comparison.

Many military historians are now refusing to even call Iraq a "war". More like a Police Action or Insurgency Suppression.

When is this mythical time when republicans were for small government? That's just something they say to get elected.

The last "small government" republicans were calvin coolidge and herbert hoover. And nobody want to go back to hoover.

Iraq is BY FAR the CHEAPEST war we have ever fought. Less than 4% of GDP, less than a THIRD of what Vietnam cost us....[/QUOTE]

this may be the most stupid rationale i've seen for iraq. "it was cheap"

this may be the most stupid rationale i've seen for iraq. "it was cheap"

Agreed, unless they count the trillion dollars and 4,000 U.S troops as "cheap" along with the 20-30,000 or so injured and every 1/4 coming back with PTSD.

Still defending Bush and the Iraq war?

So, what exactly did we get for our supposedly measly and cost efficient one trillion dollar investment?

Forum List

Back