Oh no...Turns out the Bible was right about something afterall

The bible doesn't say anything on the matter. So how can it be right or wrong here?
Church fathers say something ridiculous and counterproductive, and the faith takes the hit when science marches on. Does forgiveness of sin matter if the world is 5777 years or 15,777,000 years old? Idiots argue about nonsense and the important stuff gets hidden away

Earlier copies before they changed the mistake had reference to the sun revolving around the earth. .
A tribe of superstitious Hebrews wandering around the desert a few thousand years ago, writing about slaughtering men, women, children, and their animals -- everything living, and bathing in their blood should not be role models for human beings in the 21st century

So you want them to lie and whitewash their history so nobody learns or grows from it? Like how Christianity whitewashed their iconic figures making them immaculate, or Islam which puts a mob like hit upon anyone who discusses a historical aspect to their prophet? Brilliant!

Uh.... where does the Holey Babble claim we're at the centre of the universe?
Who cares what it claims? It's NOT science

The title of the OP makes that claim. I'm asking for evidence. So far I'm getting crickets in response.

The distinction matters, as it differentiates the book from the institution. And that matters in terms of identifying which one is doing the manipulation -- and therefore which one bears watching and taking in with the proverbial grain of salt.

Last edited:
Lets say what you claim is true. How does that make it right or wrong on a topic it is silent on? Or did you just not understand the question?
First of all your post is #8 and it links back to what exactly? The OP? Some other post? What part of the OP?

There is no response I can make that does not involve a face palm. If you can't follow the conversation dont join in.

compare Sagan's specific, detailed scientific answers to answers in that silly Bible.

no contest

There is nothing to compare because the bible is silent on the matter.
really? Some mythical god created the heavens (plural) and the Earth in seven days or six days and needed a day of rest after all that?

compare Sagan's specific, detailed scientific answers to answers in that silly Bible.

no contest

The title of the OP makes that claim. I'm asking for evidence. So far I'm getting crickets in response.

The distinction matters, as it differentiates the book from the institution. And that matters in terms of identifying which one is doing the manipulation -- and therefore which one bears watching and taking in with the proverbial grain of salt.
you deny the Bible is one of manipulation?

There is no response I can make that does not involve a face palm. If you can't follow the conversation dont join in.
stop pretending.

You claim the Bible is silent on the origins of the universe
stop pretending.

You claim the Bible is silent on the origins of the universe

Except that isn't the topic of the thread. Hence the facepalm.

Please keep up

you deny the Bible is one of manipulation?

"one" what?

I'm looking at the title and OP, which attribute this geocentrism to the bible. To wit:

the Bible was right about Earth being at the center of the universe. Imagine that! The BIble got something right!

I challenge that attribution. And he can't answer. Simple as that.

And the earth is flat as well! Well, except the parts that are hilly. :D

Do you deny the Bible is one of manipulation? A power. By itself it is a book. Open it up and start reading and like all books it has a power on the mind, an influence. Does the Bible attempt to manipulate?

Do you deny the Bible is one of manipulation? A power. By itself it is a book. Open it up and start reading and like all books it has a power on the mind, an influence. Does the Bible attempt to manipulate?

Again -- one what of manipulation? I can't answer a question with no subject. It's against Sharia Grammar.

You're off in Tangentistan. My point has nothing to do with the nature of the Holey Babble. It goes directly back to the OP's claim that said Babble "got it right" or didn't. How, sez I, can the Babble "get it right" or not, if the Babble hath never so babbled at all?

Amen amen I say to thee, heaven and earth shall pass away but my OP challenges never do. Therefore, I say unto him, render unto Pogo the things that he calleth bullshit on, for wine is a shingle, and a mower, and a story for never, whirled without end and shit. (Pogothians 10:19)

Last edited:
Many are the things attributed to the Word that simply are not in there. How many of you, for example, think the Bible says "God helps those who help themselves", or "Cleanliness is next to Godliness"?

"one of manipulation" makes no sense dood. :rolleyes:

"one of many manipulations" would make sense...
"one source of manipulation" would make sense...
"at one with manipulation" would make sorta sense...

"one of manipulation" .... not so much. :dunno:

Forum List

Back