Oh, you don't like nuclear power? Ok, but...

Why? It'll be a hell of a lot cleaner process than making electricity with fission.

And, tell us something. What do conservative deniers here and elsewhere hope to gain by accusing their opponents of holding their beliefs and opinions in a religious manner? The action is more than a little dismissive of religion in general. Are not most of you Christians?

Last edited:
And, tell us something. What do conservative deniers here and elsewhere hope to gain by accusing their opponents of holding their beliefs and opinions in a religious manner? The action is more than a little dismissive of religion in general. Are not most of you Christians?

HaHAHAHAHa HaHA HaHA................................ :lame2:

Wouldn't prevent me from identifying the beliefs of other religions now would it? If I was, of cause Christian or Buddist or Moonie....
But YOU --- just can't fathom anyone operating on mere belief and tradition and Authority can ya???

LMAO ----- :eusa_pray:

I can "fathom" all sorts of things. I simply think that believing in anything based solely on faith and despite evidence to the contrary (like the God, Jehovah, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Allah, the Hindu Pantheon or any other divinity) is stupid. But, hey, to each his own.

It just seems to me that if you're going to get on someone's case for (as you all suggest) believing something under just those circumstances, it's more than a little hypocritical when a major part of your personal lives involve precisely such behavior.

I can "fathom" all sorts of things. I simply think that believing in anything based solely on faith and despite evidence to the contrary (like the God, Jehovah, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Allah, the Hindu Pantheon or any other divinity) is stupid. But, hey, to each his own.

It just seems to me that if you're going to get on someone's case for (as you all suggest) believing something under just those circumstances, it's more than a little hypocritical when a major part of your personal lives involve precisely such behavior.

But yet, YOUR beliiefs are just as strong and constantly define you.. And you get no benefit of the useful traditions, discipline, and comradery of those other religions... And you have that annoying superiority and arrogance that contrasts with the humility of most other faiths...

I will go with humble and disciplined any day......

If your faith gave you humility and discipline, you would not be telling me that I lack traditions, discipline or comradery or that I have "annoying superiority and arrogance".

Those comments tell me that we are all equally human and equally dickheads. Your "faith" doesn't do you diddly squat.

Elektra, you may have worked at Hanford, but you are showing yourself to be damned ignorant of what radiation is. Alpha is emitted by Plutonium in massive amounts. One speck of Plutonium in your lungs, and you are going to develop cancer. Plutonium is one of the elements created in the use of Uranium to fuel the commercial reactors.

Plutonium

Over one third of the energy produced in most nuclear power plants comes from plutonium. It is created in the reactor as a by-product.
Plutonium has occurred naturally, but except for trace quantities it is not now found in the Earth's crust.
There are several tonnes of plutonium in our biosphere, a legacy of atmospheric weapons testing in the 1950s and 1960s.
In practical terms, there are two different kinds of plutonium to be considered: reactor-grade and weapons-grade. The first is recovered as a by-product of typical used fuel from a nuclear reactor, after the fuel has been irradiated ('burned') for about three years. The second is made specially for the military purpose, and is recovered from uranium fuel that has been irradiated for only 2-3 months in a plutonium production reactor. The two kinds differ in their isotopic composition but must both be regarded as a potential proliferation risk, and managed accordingly.
Plutonium, both that routinely made in power reactors and that from dismantled nuclear weapons, is a valuable energy source when integrated into the nuclear fuel cycle. In a conventional nuclear reactor, one kilogram of Pu-239 can produce sufficient heat to generate nearly 10 million kilowatt-hours of electricity.

Old Crock, your reading comprehension seems poor, hence all the posts with quotes that are contradictory to your position.

Old Crock, I never said I worked at Hanford, I stated I packed low level radioactive waste to be buried at Hanford, this was at SONGS which is the acronym for San Onofre Generating Station in North San Diego County.

Old Crock states:
Alpha is emitted by Plutonium in massive amounts.
My statement below is 100% accurate, its a fact, so I am not sure how you think this is an ignorant statement?

"Alpha Radiation is also only emitted from Nuclear fuel, hence its irrelevant beings that we have no fuel problems in Commercial Nuclear power."

Here I state Alpha particles is emitted from Nuclear fuel in Commercial Nuclear power plants.

Old Crock, are you ignorant to the fact that Nuclear fuel is, "Plutonium"? So my above statement is correct.

Further I stated: "Alpha particles? Nope, they travel inches and lose energy if they strike anything"

Again a fact.

So maybe Old Crock, you need to take time to read before anger boils over and you go off, half CROCKED!

If the AGW nuts were serious, they would advocate building a 1000 nuclear power plants today.

But they are simply, nuts, fools, idiots, activists, anti-american progressive revisionist assholes.

The only solution to the con-job AGW is pure Nuclear Power with a low tax policy that entices Industry to settle and develop in the USA.

Instead, the AGW crowd has chosen to destroy third world countries endlessly/constantly using the natural resources of the world at an every increasing rate.

AGW is a con job, the Green/Renewable conard is the spike through the heart of the USA that kills us, forever.

Nuclear is part of the solution. But only a part. First of all it is far the most expensive of the ways of generating power. Second, sited in a subduction zone, it is a constant source of danger. Third, it must be engineered to be completely fail safe. A disaster in a PV generating plant means no juice. In a geo-thermal plant, damage to the plant and maybe a few acres around the plant. A coal fired plant, damage to the plant, same for natural gas. But disaster in just one nuclear plant could contaminate a whole state. Or more.

Wind is now cheaper than coal in almost all applications. When the grid scale batteries are available, it will be even more useful. PV has come down in price to the point it is competative with nuclear, and far easier to install, and much safer. Geothermal is just starting to come into the picture, and will be a major player as time goes on. It has the additional plus of being a source of important minerals.

As for the rest of your stupid rant, grow up, do some real research, quit being such a fool.

Nuclear cannot be part of the solution. We have babies being born without brains around Hanford. Nuclear waste is leaking and causing problems. Japan is dumping 300,000 gallons of nuclear water into the pacific ocean everyday. This cannot go on. There are other, cleaner alternatives without the global disasters. I don't care if solar costs more money, no one had birth defects due to solar power.

Actually should you not be investigating apples? I mean, Yakima is associated with apples, not Hanford.

Now if you stated Richland or Kennewick, then we would be speaking of Hanford, correct.

The cluster was in Yakima and after an investigation it was found that the women had zero exposures from Hanford. It was found that nothing could explain this cluster.

Anyhow as long as there is nuclear power people will associate every horror of life with the "evil" nuclear power.

A tear jerker thrown in the thread, yea, how can anyone be so mean as to hurt the babies. I will dream beautiful clean energy, I will dream of heaven.

Forum List

Back