Ohio Joins The Attempt To Shit on The Constitution and Eliminate The Electoral College

The electoral college was born of slave owners to protect slavery from the abolitionist north. It's origins are tainted and it's original purpose no longer exists. People like to explain that it protects rural voters from irrelevance but what it really does is make minority party votes worthless. If you vote democrat in a red state or republican in a blue state your vote has probably never counted. I want my vote to count.
In doing so you'll basically make the votes of about 45 states completely irrelevant but hey at least a republican will never be president again though so you'll have that going for you

The electoral college was born of slave owners to protect slavery from the abolitionist north. It's origins are tainted and it's original purpose no longer exists. People like to explain that it protects rural voters from irrelevance but what it really does is make minority party votes worthless. If you vote democrat in a red state or republican in a blue state your vote has probably never counted. I want my vote to count.
In doing so you'll basically make the votes of about 45 states completely irrelevant but hey at least a republican will never be president again though so you'll have that going for you
/——/ democRATs new motto: “Don’t you dare count all da votes.”’

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

If you cannot win fair, you need to change The Rules so you can cheat!

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.

hey fuck face; Ohio is a RED STATE so, why in Hell are U bitching?

Oh, that's right; U have to bitch about everything that does not align with your right wing Nazi Trump agenda.

Cheers

Sorry uninformed voter, Ohio is not a red state. We voted for DumBama twice. We are a swing state.

Ray this is a red state through and through.
No dipshit, the Democrats just can’t win Ohio with only the far left, like they do in every blue state.

A red state would have thrown out Sherrod.

It is red if they want to beat Brown they need to find a better candidate then Renasty, Howie Mandel, or keibler elf DeWhinner!

Renacci came in at the last minute. I don't know that anybody could have beaten Brown at that point. I think Mandel stood a pretty good chance.

This is not an amendment.

It is illegal legislation designed to steal EC votes and throw them to a candidate that did not win that state!
Only in America can the candidate who wins fewer votes can get elected.

Doesn't that seem like a bad way to run a democratic republic?

Yes! It prevents New York and California from deciding every presidential election.
By diluting individual votes. Where every vote is scared and must weigh equally.

Why are votes scared, dumbass?
Historically voters have been scared. Currently voters are being unlawfully purged from rolls, disenfranchised due to ID laws, repressed by eliminating polling stations and absurdly marginalized by gerrymandering.

The only people that should be scared of voting are those that are not legally allowed to vote. That's why states are adopting Voter-ID laws.

Yes! It prevents New York and California from deciding every presidential election.
By diluting individual votes. Where every vote is scared and must weigh equally.

It does not do that. The number of electoral votes is determined by the number of representatives in Congress. That is not specified in the Constitution and can be changed by a simple act of Congress signed by the President.
The population of Wyoming with one congressional district is roughly 586,000 while in the Brooklyn, NY 1st congressional district alone there are more than 684.000. 101,000 votes diluted by the EC

Listen up, dumbass!

The Electoral College is based on the number of Representatives, Senators and 3 electoral votes from DC based on the 23rd Amendment. There are 435 Reps, 100 Senators and three votes for DC, for a total of 538 electoral votes. That is why you need 270 to win, and 269 to tie.

The Electoral College does not say that Wyoming gets 1 vote for every 586.000 people. The Constitution says it gets ONE Representative and TWO Senators. The number of Representatives in NY that causes them to have fewer reps is the cap on 435 Representatives which is NOT in the Constitution! It is merely a public law changed numerous times throughout our nation's history.

The Electoral College hasn't got a damn thing to do with anything you are talking about. Perhaps if I had taught your government class you might have learned something! You were obviously taught by a liberal shithead or slept through that lecture!
The point is Wyoming could stand to gain another 100,000 people before it gets a second congressional district.

You're right. One elector per congressman and senator from each state. But when, in Wyoming's case, as well as West Virginia, with only 1 congressional district, the lower populations of these state have more electoral power per capital than elsewhere

And that's kinda the idea behind an electoral college.

What they are basically saying is that the EC will be forced to ignore the voters of their state, and vote with the national majority against the will of the states voters. This eliminates the entire concept of the electoral college and switches it to a national popular vote.

Oh gee. Does it do that?

Oh well. It's legal

Oh well, Democrats are commies too.

This is exactly why we need to divide this country and have two countries instead. We need to separate once and for all and have nothing to do with each other. Put a line north to south dividing the country into the west section and the east section. Have one election (yes a popular vote) and see which side the Democrats get and which side the Republicans get. Put up a huge Trump wall to keep the Democrats out of our side.

The line should be east west along the Mason-Dixon line. Libs in California would be forced to move north to suffer in Washington state. That way we can keep almost all of the military bases and the warmer weather. The Northern libs country could then just merge with Canada.

I don't know if all those illegals would like it up north. Why........they might do something drastic, like move back to where they came from.

This is not an amendment.

It is illegal legislation designed to steal EC votes and throw them to a candidate that did not win that state!

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.
Calm down Skippy.

The constitution was written to be amended from time to time.

Strange how you guys are for State's rights....until you're not.
How is it state’s rights for one state to take away the vote of other states?
Voter in the smaller states actually count more than voters in other states. How is that fair?

It's called a Handicap; something people use in sports games and golf all the time. The use of a handicap is to make the game more competitive and give an advantage to the disadvantaged players or team, thus trying to equalize the sides.

A Handicap is also what's used in our US Senate. While your large state may have many more congress critters, you only get two Senators no matter how big or small your state is. If you live in Rhode Island, you have just as much senatorial power as somebody that lives in California or Texas.

The EC doesn't give individuals any more power, it gives the states more power.

Last edited:
hey fuck face; Ohio is a RED STATE so, why in Hell are U bitching?

Oh, that's right; U have to bitch about everything that does not align with your right wing Nazi Trump agenda.

Cheers

Sorry uninformed voter, Ohio is not a red state. We voted for DumBama twice. We are a swing state.

No dipshit, the Democrats just can’t win Ohio with only the far left, like they do in every blue state.

It is red if they want to beat Brown they need to find a better candidate then Renasty, Howie Mandel, or keibler elf DeWhinner!

Renacci came in at the last minute. I don't know that anybody could have beaten Brown at that point. I think Mandel stood a pretty good chance.

ReNasty was even worse than Howie who got spanked 6 years before!

Mandel at least had a familiar name, unlike Renacci who was mostly known locally. Mandel had the ability to raise enough money to compete with Brown whereas Renacci didn't even come close to Brown's spending. It was like joining the car race ten laps behind.

Mandel at least had a familiar name, unlike Renacci who was mostly known locally. Mandel had the ability to raise enough money to compete with Brown whereas Renacci didn't even come close to Brown's spending. It was like joining the car race ten laps behind.

Was that the problem when Brown smoked incumbent DeWhinner? And was it the problem with Howie when Brown smoked him in 2012?

Was that the problem when Brown smoked incumbent DeWhinner? And was it the problem with Howie when Brown smoked him in 2012?

The true effects of Commie Care didn't hit people until after the 2012 election. Brown (like all Democrats) was a strong proponent of the disaster. DeWine was a weak candidate and in my opinion, a RINO and still is. I didn't care for him then and I don't care that he's our Governor now. This state hasn't had a decent Governor since Voinovich, and I wouldn't call him a good Governor either.

The true effects of Commie Care didn't hit people until after the 2012 election. Brown (like all Democrats) was a strong proponent of the disaster. DeWine was a weak candidate and in my opinion, a RINO and still is. I didn't care for him then and I don't care that he's our Governor now. This state hasn't had a decent Governor since Voinovich, and I wouldn't call him a good Governor either.

We can agree on our governorship for the last 40 years, but once again if Brown is so terrible how did he defeat someone as well known, financed and principled as Howie?

We can agree on our governorship for the last 40 years, but once again if Brown is so terrible how did he defeat someone as well known, financed and principled as Howie?

Brown is a household name here in Ohio. Many people go to the polls and just vote for somebody familiar. But I think if Mandel would have stuck in the race, he would have stood a pretty good chance at unseating him. However my crystal ball is no different than yours.

Brown is a household name here in Ohio. Many people go to the polls and just vote for somebody familiar. But I think if Mandel would have stuck in the race, he would have stood a pretty good chance at unseating him. However my crystal ball is no different than yours.
/——/ My crystal ball has Netflix. Binge watching Dexter.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

You have a lot of nerve talking about the constitution.

1. You don’t know anything about it.

2. You have your head up the butt if a corrupt fascist demigogue.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

You have a lot of nerve talking about the constitution.

1. You don’t know anything about it.

2. You have your head up the butt if a corrupt fascist demigogue.
/——/ Dems motto: Change the rules so we win.

Since the redundant thread closed, I'll note that it's not a left-right issue. Maine and Neb are the two states that apportion proportionally. The reason for it is simply to reflect the vote as accurately as possible. I favor the apportion approach, but all 50 states would have to join. It would preserve the weight given to small states. For example, are you better off with 100% of Kan or 70% and 20% of Calif? More or less a wash, imo.

But Jesusland will never do it. So probably we'll have to wait until states with 270 ev's pledge national winner take all before the states take up a way to eliminate the elitism in the EV of the Founders while trying to preserve some protection for very rural states

If you divide up the EC votes, what you have in essence is a popular vote. It would work out the same way, and that defeats the purpose of the college in the first place.

Uh nnnnnnnno. That's not how Madison and Jefferson saw it.

Already told you this while you were busy going :lalala:

CNN, NBC/MSNBC (Comcast), ABC, CBS, PBS, NYT, Washpo, AP, Reuters and others bet the farm on the fake Russia narrative. Some, like CNN and MSNBC a bit more than the others but if you watched or read one, you pretty much saw them all as they were pushing the same theme.

Fox, Breitbart, some opt Talk Radio were they only, relatively SMALL voices that were reporting it, but not concluding Trump was guilty up front. So, maybe 95% were pulling for the removal of Trump due to Russian collusion. Now they are paying for it.
can you actually quote an actual source where any of those news sites said they knew the Mueller Report would say anything, since there were no leaks of any kind coming from Mueller or his team? Where do you get this shit? From a dream you had?

The audience is very small yet CNN is on everywhere. Who pours money into CNN so they can keep pumping out their disinformation and propaganda?
Nobody asks to see it yet you can't get away from it.

Strange how you guys are for State's rights....until you're not.
Like every other liberal, you are ignorant as to what "states rights" means and doesn't mean.

States agreed to the Constitution when they became states. So what is specifically written in the Constitution is not for the States to ignore. The Constitution trumps states rights only on those issues specifically enumerated in the Constitution. The Electoral College is specifically enumerated, and thus not up to the states to ignore or MODIFY.

Forum List

Back