Ohio Joins The Attempt To Shit on The Constitution and Eliminate The Electoral College

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

If you cannot win fair, you need to change The Rules so you can cheat!

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.

The constitution gives the states the power to choose how they select their Electors and how they will vote.

you cannot shit on the constitution by doing something it gives the power to do

Comrade, I doubt what you say is true. The Constitution does say that states will apportion electors according to their own rules, but the Constitution also guarantees a republican form of government. Hence if Ohio voters elect Donald Trump but the state awards the electors to Nicolas Maduro because California voted for him, that violates the guarantee of a republican government, Ohio is shitting on the votes of the people there.

You will be challenged in the courts over this. And remember, you Bolsheviks have lost your stranglehold on the courts.

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.

The constitution gives the states the power to choose how they select their Electors and how they will vote.

Comrade, I doubt what you say is true. The Constitution does say that states will apportion electors according to their own rules, but the Constitution also guarantees a republican form of government. Hence if Ohio voters elect Donald Trump but the state awards the electors to Nicolas Maduro because California voted for him, that violates the guarantee of a republican government, Ohio is shitting on the votes of the people their.

You will be challenged in the courts over this. And remember, you Bolsheviks have lost your stranglehold on the courts.

Actually, I do not support this movement, I think it is the wrong way to go. But that does not make it unconstitutional.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Comrade, I doubt what you say is true. The Constitution does say that states will apportion electors according to their own rules, but the Constitution also guarantees a republican form of government. Hence if Ohio voters elect Donald Trump but the state awards the electors to Nicolas Maduro because California voted for him, that violates the guarantee of a republican government, Ohio is shitting on the votes of the people their.

/----/ "And remember, you Bolsheviks have lost your stranglehold on the courts."
Bolsheviks hates it when that happens.

Last edited:

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Actually, I do not support this movement, I think it is the wrong way to go. But that does not make it unconstitutional.

The Constitutional challenge is in regard to denying a republican form of government. What Colorado and the other Soros ruled states have done is subvert the voice of their own voters with the voice of California. Essentially they have created a dictatorship by denying the people the right to vote in presidential elections.

The electoral college was born of slave owners to protect slavery from the abolitionist north. It's origins are tainted and it's original purpose no longer exists. People like to explain that it protects rural voters from irrelevance but what it really does is make minority party votes worthless. If you vote democrat in a red state or republican in a blue state your vote has probably never counted. I want my vote to count.
The electoral college is racist. Right?

Your vote won't count if the Democrats keep watering it down with fake manufactured votes. They don't trust your vote enough to not stuff the ballot box.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

The people not being represented is not un-constitutional? The idea your vote is worthless is un-constitutional?

The problem is this is being done by democratic law makers and not the voting public. Here in Colorado Gov. Polis signed the law which was passed by the democratically controlled state legislature. The people had no input whatsoever.

Essentially what this means, that every voter in Colorado could vote for canidate A, but if canidate B won the PV, all of Colorado electoral votes would go to B. It’s possible for a state to vote heavily against a canidate, but have their electoral votes hand the election to the other canidate. It’s nuetering the small states influence. It is a long way from the spirit of the constitution IMO.

Seems like the people of Colorado need to rise up and get their politicians under control.

One of my brothers-in-law is moving to TX because of the way CO is going. He's lived there almost 40 years.

Interesting. I have Lived in Colorado all my life, and I’d move to Montana before I’d move to Texas if I chose to leave.

That just says you're part of the problem. I saw how commie CO was becoming when I lived there in the mid 70's to early 80's. I have no desire to go back.

It’s a beautiful state. The Libs and Commies are in Denver and Boulder. Outside of the front range its more conservative. Besides, Texas spawned Senior Beto who almost whip Lyin’ Ted. Wasn’t LBJ a Texas boy?

It's OK if you like snow and commies, I don't.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

The people not being represented is not un-constitutional? The idea your vote is worthless is un-constitutional?

This method makes a vote no more worthless than the current winner take all system.

This method makes a vote no more worthless than the current winner take all system.

You're not very bright, which is why you are a Communist.

If California votes for the democrat choice, 80% of Colorado voters vote for Trump, then the electoral votes go to the choice of California - fuck the voters in Colorado.

Can you grasp how that makes the votes in Colorado worthless? Can you find a grownup to explain it to you?

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 would compel the Supreme Court to strike down such a shenanigan. In short is says no State shall "enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State" without the consent of Congress. I would think this section of Clause 3 would especially apply to States trying to circumvent the Constitution.

So I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Yeah, it doesn't. There IS NO circumvention of the Constitution.

Wrong again commie, the States are given the power to allocate electors based on how their citizens vote, winner take all or proportional. They can not engage in a multi-state compact to award their electors base on the votes of other States citizens, without the consent of Congress.

One point that was made regarding the fools who want to pretend that the power of the States to choose allocation is completely unlimited is this question: if a state decided to sell its Electoral votes to the highest bidder, would you think that was Constitutional as well? Would you think the Supreme Court would uphold that as a valid exercise of the state's power?

It would be.

What part of "in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct" flies over your ignorant pointed head?

Ask your reading teacher. It means that if a state chooses to, it can use rock-paper-scissors.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

The problem is this is being done by democratic law makers and not the voting public. Here in Colorado Gov. Polis signed the law which was passed by the democratically controlled state legislature. The people had no input whatsoever.

Essentially what this means, that every voter in Colorado could vote for canidate A, but if canidate B won the PV, all of Colorado electoral votes would go to B. It’s possible for a state to vote heavily against a canidate, but have their electoral votes hand the election to the other canidate. It’s nuetering the small states influence. It is a long way from the spirit of the constitution IMO.

Seems like the people of Colorado need to rise up and get their politicians under control.

One of my brothers-in-law is moving to TX because of the way CO is going. He's lived there almost 40 years.

If I were going to move out of Arizona - and it's tempting, after they let that ugly, strident cow Sinema steal the election - I'd move to Texas.

You actually think there's a shortage of ignorance in Texas?

Which reminds me of a cute Texas quote that applies here --- when Ignorace goes to fifty bucks a barrel I want drilling rights on your head.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 would compel the Supreme Court to strike down such a shenanigan. In short is says no State shall "enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State" without the consent of Congress. I would think this section of Clause 3 would especially apply to States trying to circumvent the Constitution.

So I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Yeah, it doesn't. There IS NO circumvention of the Constitution.

Wrong again commie, the States are given the power to allocate electors based on how their citizens vote, winner take all or proportional. They can not engage in a multi-state compact to award their electors base on the votes of other States citizens, without the consent of Congress.

One point that was made regarding the fools who want to pretend that the power of the States to choose allocation is completely unlimited is this question: if a state decided to sell its Electoral votes to the highest bidder, would you think that was Constitutional as well? Would you think the Supreme Court would uphold that as a valid exercise of the state's power?

It would be.

What part of "in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct" flies over your ignorant pointed head?

Ask your reading teacher. It means that if a state chooses to, it can use rock-paper-scissors.

Yo, Holocaust denier, what does

{
Section 4
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.}

mean to a Jr. College mind rapist such as you? In denying the people of a state the right to an effective vote, are they not violating this? In fact they are. The Soros agents have no ability to silence to the voters of a state in favor of the decisions of California. Doing so denies those citizens a republican government and makes them a vassal to rulers in California.

You actually think there's a shortage of ignorance in Texas?

Which reminds me of a cute Texas quote that applies here --- when Ignorace goes to fifty bucks a barrel I want drilling rights on your head.

Are you in Texas, Holocaust Denier?

If so, then there is an ABUNDANCE of ignorance in the state.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

How do you figure? We have (like most states) winner takes all. That means the people as a whole decided who they want for President. If the people decide who they want for President, and the EC is forced to vote the opposite way, then it totally disenfranchises the majority of voters in our state. That's un-constitutional.

How do you figure? We have (like most states) winner takes all. That means the people as a whole decided who they want for President. If the people decide who they want for President, and the EC is forced to vote the opposite way, then it totally disenfranchises the majority of voters in our state. That's un-constitutional.

Were how the electors voted always tied to state popular vote?

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

You seem to have no idea what the Constitution is.

The states have the right to do as they wish regarding their Electors or Amend the Constitution if they so choose.

They cannot base their electoral votes on another states voters. They can determine who their voters elect, and not from someone outside the state.

Nope. They can base their electoral votes on anything they want. They could read tea leaves and it would be Constitutional. They don't have to vote at all, and if they do hold a vote they don't have to follow its results to allot electors (and they already DON'T).

"in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct" is not unclear.

Were how the electors voted always tied to state popular vote?

Was there a constitutional challenge to electors being appointed by Senators?

That is a pertinent fact you were going to conveniently gloss over.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

You seem to have no idea what the Constitution is.

The states have the right to do as they wish regarding their Electors or Amend the Constitution if they so choose.

They cannot base their electoral votes on another states voters. They can determine who their voters elect, and not from someone outside the state.

Nope. They can base their electoral votes on anything they want. They could read tea leaves and it would be Constitutional. They don't have to vote at all, and if they do hold a vote they don't have to follow its results to allot electors (and they already DON'T).

"in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct" is not unclear.

Nor is

{
Section 4
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

}

Holocaust denier.

Nope, I'm afraid it isn't. And when they throw out everybody else's vote, as they do now, that isn't unConstitutional either.

And when they vote for candidate X even though X got 48% and candidate Y got 47, that too is not unConstitutional.

Again ---- "in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct" means what it means, PERIOD.

Forum List

Back