Ohio Joins The Attempt To Shit on The Constitution and Eliminate The Electoral College

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

If you cannot win fair, you need to change The Rules so you can cheat!

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.

Good. We are a 21st. Century Country voting with a 18th. Century Model. Get rid the damn Electoral College!
What century did the first democracy appear moron?

Way before the 18th century.

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.

Good. We are a 21st. Century Country voting with a 18th. Century Model. Get rid the damn Electoral College!

"29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. "

The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals

STFU, Commie bitch!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

The constitution gives the states the power to choose how they select their Electors and how they will vote.

you cannot shit on the constitution by doing something it gives the power to do

The problem is this is being done by democratic law makers and not the voting public. Here in Colorado Gov. Polis signed the law which was passed by the democratically controlled state legislature. The people had no input whatsoever.

Essentially what this means, that every voter in Colorado could vote for canidate A, but if canidate B won the PV, all of Colorado electoral votes would go to B. It’s possible for a state to vote heavily against a canidate, but have their electoral votes hand the election to the other canidate. It’s nuetering the small states influence. It is a long way from the spirit of the constitution IMO.

Seems like the people of Colorado need to rise up and get their politicians under control.

One of my brothers-in-law is moving to TX because of the way CO is going. He's lived there almost 40 years.

Interesting. I have Lived in Colorado all my life, and I’d move to Montana before I’d move to Texas if I chose to leave.

That just says you're part of the problem. I saw how commie CO was becoming when I lived there in the mid 70's to early 80's. I have no desire to go back.

All I am hearing from you is that my vote shouldn't count and that I should just accept it. Never. I understand your argument and I am not entirely unsympathetic but I fail to see how it would matter that much. The ratio of urban to rural is now so tilted that the populous states control the lion's share anyway.

If you're in Nevada, North Dakota, or New Mexico your vote isn't going to count on a nationwide popular vote anymore than it will count in the EV system. Say your candidate does win; She is going to spend 90-95% of the time talking to the voters in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago and crafting a message to get as many votes from those major metropolitan areas as possible (so will the other major party candidate as well).

You have a much better chance of having your issues spoken to in the EV than the straight popular vote.

Additionally, currently we have two major political parties. What happens if we get 3, 4 or 5 cranked up and going? Currently we have about 130M voting. And currently it's about 65M each or 50/50%. Get a 3rd Party and you may end 45/40/15%. Four parties? 35/30/20/15% You want to have a President who gets 35% of the vote? What do you do in that case? Just accept it?
All these problems have solutions that serve democracy just fine as long as democracy is our goal.
Democracy is for cave men.

This is not an amendment.

It is illegal legislation designed to steal EC votes and throw them to a candidate that did not win that state!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

The constitution was written to be amended from time to time.

Actually it is an amendment. But all this is going to accomplish is a fight to the higher courts at a cost to taxpayers. The petition is to have this amendment proposal put on the ballot for next election. However our State Constitution cannot override the US Constitution. It will be defeated one way or another.
It isn’t an amendment.

An amendment is approved by the overwhelming majority of Congress and the states.

It is illegal legislation designed to steal EC votes and throw them to a candidate that did not win that state!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Strange how you guys are for State's rights....until you're not.

Ray, what's gonna happen is things will keep going the way they've been going for 100 years or more now.

Little by little the Constitution is being made irrelevant. Little by little we lose our rights until eventually we have none. Getting close now I 'd say.
People today think it's perfectly "NORMAL" to be frisked and patted down at the airport.
People today feel it's NORMAL to have to ask for permission to carry a gun.
People today don't think twice about the fact that warrantless searches are real and police can take EVERYTHING you own by simply saying they "felt" you "might" be doing something illegal.

We're already so far gone it'd make the founding fathers scream in disbelief.
I have Zero faith now in a course change.

In 50 years, I'm sure you'll be required to be chipped at birth with trackers and permanent ID chips and you'll have to get passports just to cross state lines
If you're honest, we're headed that way and Americans don't have the will to stop it.

THANK GOD I was born when America was still America so at least I know what it WAS.
Democrats have gone too far now.

If Trump wins again with the electoral college and this shit changes the outcome there will be a civil war, and all of the damage that Democrats have done to America will be for naught in about a week.

America doesn’t have 50 years left.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

How is it state’s rights for one state to take away the vote of other states?

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

hey fuck face; Ohio is a RED STATE so, why in Hell are U bitching?

Oh, that's right; U have to bitch about everything that does not align with your right wing Nazi Trump agenda.

Cheers

Sorry uninformed voter, Ohio is not a red state. We voted for DumBama twice. We are a swing state.

Ray this is a red state through and through.
No dipshit, the Democrats just can’t win Ohio with only the far left, like they do in every blue state.

A red state would have thrown out Sherrod.

The constitution gives the states the power to choose how they select their Electors and how they will vote.

you cannot shit on the constitution by doing something it gives the power to do

The problem is this is being done by democratic law makers and not the voting public. Here in Colorado Gov. Polis signed the law which was passed by the democratically controlled state legislature. The people had no input whatsoever.

Essentially what this means, that every voter in Colorado could vote for canidate A, but if canidate B won the PV, all of Colorado electoral votes would go to B. It’s possible for a state to vote heavily against a canidate, but have their electoral votes hand the election to the other canidate. It’s nuetering the small states influence. It is a long way from the spirit of the constitution IMO.

Seems like the people of Colorado need to rise up and get their politicians under control.

One of my brothers-in-law is moving to TX because of the way CO is going. He's lived there almost 40 years.

Interesting. I have Lived in Colorado all my life, and I’d move to Montana before I’d move to Texas if I chose to leave.

That just says you're part of the problem. I saw how commie CO was becoming when I lived there in the mid 70's to early 80's. I have no desire to go back.

It’s a beautiful state. The Libs and Commies are in Denver and Boulder. Outside of the front range its more conservative. Besides, Texas spawned Senior Beto who almost whip Lyin’ Ted. Wasn’t LBJ a Texas boy?

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Explain how they are taking votes away from other states.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Actually it is an amendment. But all this is going to accomplish is a fight to the higher courts at a cost to taxpayers. The petition is to have this amendment proposal put on the ballot for next election. However our State Constitution cannot override the US Constitution. It will be defeated one way or another.
It isn’t an amendment.

An amendment is approved by the overwhelming majority of Congress and the states.

No, I was speaking of the states constitutional amendment, not the US Constitution.

The electoral college was born of slave owners to protect slavery from the abolitionist north. It's origins are tainted and it's original purpose no longer exists. People like to explain that it protects rural voters from irrelevance but what it really does is make minority party votes worthless. If you vote democrat in a red state or republican in a blue state your vote has probably never counted. I want my vote to count.

You are an idiot. Go back and study the history of the Constitution since you slept through your classes in school.

The largest states back then were Pennsylvania and Virginia, with tiny Massachusetts having the third largest population.

Bullshit, it rewrites The Constitution giving all of Ohio’s Electoral Votes to Hillary Clinton even if President Trump Wins Ohio!

IF this were in place in 2016, then it not only stabs Ohio voters in the back, but everyone not living in New York City Chicago, Miami or Los Angelos has Zero Representation in National Elections for President.

It would Completely overturn The 2016 Election and have All The States Trump won 33 of them actually cast their votes for Clinton.

Wake the Hell Up People!

It’s a big Screw You to All The State’s Voters!

These people proposing this need to be hunted down and dragged through the streets then tarred and feathered and set on fire!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

:rofl:

Read your own link Drama Llama. Nothing in it says anything about "ditching the Electoral College". It's actually entirely within the guidelines of the Constitution. Unless of course you can show the class where the COTUS dictates how the states "must" choose electors.

Rotsa ruck finding that Dumbass.
It gives electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote, how is this unfair? Unfair is my presidential vote has only counted one time in my life.

That's because you are an idiot to believe that.

Don't like it? Move!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

When states want the right to suppress or oppress people, Americans should oppose them.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Voter in the smaller states actually count more than voters in other states. How is that fair?

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

You seem to have no idea what the Constitution is.

The states have the right to do as they wish regarding their Electors or Amend the Constitution if they so choose.

They cannot base their electoral votes on another states voters. They can determine who their voters elect, and not from someone outside the state.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Voter in the smaller states actually count more than voters in other states. How is that fair?

Don't like it? Change the law. The Constitution does not specify how many members there are in the House.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Only in America can the candidate who wins fewer votes can get elected.

Doesn't that seem like a bad way to run a democratic republic?

Yes! It prevents New York and California from deciding every presidential election.

Calm down Skippy.

Don't like it? Change the law. The Constitution does not specify how many members there are in the House.
Changing the law means amending the constitution. That moves incrementally.

Forum List

Back