OK Republicans, let’s stop the impeachment once and for all

Offer an alternative

Offer a SOLID Censure of President Trump. Not some mealy mouthed condemnation of violence that ignores the Presidents role. A condemnation that a majority of Republicans won’t sign up to anyway.

In lieu of Impeachment, offer a STRONGLY worded Censure of the Presidents actions leading up to and during the attack on Congress. Offer a Censure that the overwhelming majority of Republicans will support.

In addition to the Trump Censure, offer a bipartisan resolution declaring that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased.

If Republicans won’t do these two things, Democrats should proceed with Impeachment
Well, kiss my grits. RHIP* so we dims gonna exploit it! Let's not be further condemned for a third error that has to have proof of wrongdoing so whatever we can do that doesn't have to go through scrutiny of other elected bodies who find the nab not guilty, let's just smear a little censure on the angel of a God we do not believe in because our lies have been believed in by everybody who loves Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews who tell us what we love to hear. If we say so, the Republicans have to agree with us or we will make a law that provides calumny against anyone who is a Trump supporter, since all of them are on our hit list for ruin and humiliation that we could not get with the founders bad laws that made us conformists. Bleh!

RHIP= Rank Has Its Privilege

The "angel of God we believe in"????? "Angels of God" don't make policy decisions that kill 360,000 of their own citizens, or set their people against one another for their own political gain.

Trump needs to be impeached again, not just to stop him from running in 2024, but for the Republican Party to, once and for all, repudiate Trump and Trumpism, and for Republicans to take responsibility for enabling this shitshow for so long.

The Republican Party needs to stop its slide into white supremacist authoritarianism. Impeaching its leading proponent would be a start.

What a waste of time....Despite your inaccurate, and inflamatory characterizations....

Republican lies and incendiary rhetoric are the most destructive force in America today.

The D's are pretty big on "incendiary rhetoric" too.

But you think America would be better off without a loyal opposition? Sort of like North Korea?

Republicans aren’t “loyal”. Except to remaining in power by any means necessary.

Offer an alternative

Offer a SOLID Censure of President Trump. Not some mealy mouthed condemnation of violence that ignores the Presidents role. A condemnation that a majority of Republicans won’t sign up to anyway.

In lieu of Impeachment, offer a STRONGLY worded Censure of the Presidents actions leading up to and during the attack on Congress. Offer a Censure that the overwhelming majority of Republicans will support.

In addition to the Trump Censure, offer a bipartisan resolution declaring that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased.

If Republicans won’t do these two things, Democrats should proceed with Impeachment

Quit being a baby
Thats about the size of it with Republicans
Another free pass for Trump

Exactly why Republicans leave no option other than Impeachment
You really want a bigger political war?

A bigger war than attacking Congress?

Wasn‘t that when Washington captured the airports?

Offer an alternative

Quit being a baby

complete with firearms, at least 1 assault weapon, molotov cocktails, AND napalm.

sounds very war-rish to me.
Are you claiming Trump supporters at the protest against the Democrat swindle had an assault weapon, molotov cocktails, AND napalm?

Please post some evidence, or shut the fuck up.

Also George Floyd rioters als had firearms, assault weapons, Molotov cocktails. We have video of them using these articles, not just mere possession.

Offer an alternative

America, as we have seen this past week is more divided than even liberal progressives thought...Why you idiots would want to throw gas on the fire is beyond me.....But we all should unite right?
America, as we have seen this past week is more divided than even liberal progressives thought...Why you idiots would want to throw gas on the fire is beyond me.....But we all should unite right?
We don’t avoid doing the hard work of holding this insurrectionist president to account because the intellectually and emotionally weak among us may become further upset. Whether impeachment makes it through the Senate or not is irrelevant. The purpose is to record for posterity who stood up against such actions and who stood for the protection of our democratic republic from such actions even when doing nothing would be far easier given the time the insurrectionist in chief has left.

Leftists like yourself Hutch don't give two shits about this Republic...The aim of individuals like yourself over the past 40 years at least, as been to tear it down....
Leftists like yourself Hutch don't give two shits about this Republic...The aim of individuals like yourself over the past 40 years at least, as been to tear it down....
Your retarded brethren literally just tried to tear it down, dope.
Grow up and stop being an idiot child.

Not so sure that those people breeching the Capitol were ALL from the right, or Trump supporters...Investigations will reveal....Now that is not to say that there were a fair number of overzealous Trump supporters in that group, but as a whole, I, as well as most Republican's that I know of don't support that kind of nonsense...

But, I will take your point that this was a terrible event, and shouldn't have been done...

As for your name calling, while hiding behind your computer keyboard is just revealing as to your level of testoserone.....
As for your name calling, while hiding behind your computer keyboard is just revealing as to your level of testoserone....
Name calling is not a sign of weakness but rather of exasperation and just getting straight to the point.
I’m done trying to explain the world to incompetent adults who have proven themselves unable, unwilling to listen or who just want to blow it all up.
You all have your own agendas. I find it hard to believe that you all really feel that there is such conspiracies that you espouse. If you do, then calling you a dope is not only apt but rather polite given the circumstances.

Just a little more of the "Unity" y'all are going for no doubt....
Just a little more of the "Unity" y'all are going for no doubt....
You don’t want unity. Don’t act as if you do. Like I said, you all have your own agendas.

You don't have a clue what I'd like to see or not, from a few posting on a message board...

The only thing you seem bent on is calling people "dope" or worse...So, yes your agenda doesn't include the "unity" your leader pays lip service to.

Just another flame thrower, adding gas to the fire.
You don't have a clue what I'd like to see or not, from a few posting on a message board...

The only thing you seem bent on is calling people "dope" or worse...So, yes your agenda doesn't include the "unity" your leader pays lip service to.

Just another flame thrower, adding gas to the fire
It only “seems” like that’s all I’ve said to the incompetent adults reading.
You are right about one thing though. I don’t know what you would like to see because you have offered no alternative to impeachment.

Offer an alternative

Censure won't stop him from running again, which I thought was the only point?.

Offer an alternative

Quit being a baby

complete with firearms, at least 1 assault weapon, molotov cocktails, AND napalm.

sounds very war-rish to me.
Are you claiming Trump supporters at the protest against the Democrat swindle had an assault weapon, molotov cocktails, AND napalm?

Please post some evidence, or shut the fuck up.

Also George Floyd rioters als had firearms, assault weapons, Molotov cocktails. We have video of them using these articles, not just mere possession.

In addition, Contee said, two pipe bombs were recovered from the headquarters of the Republican and Democratic national committees, as was a cooler from a vehicle on U.S. Capitol grounds that contained Molotov cocktails.

Offer an alternative

Quit being a baby

Actually, the libs do. After all, in less than 2 weeks, a daffy old coot with their party label will be President. And the American will see it when Sleepy Joe gets stumped with question at a press conference like "Mr President- do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?" and "Mr. President- the people want to knwo- you wear boxers or briefs?"

A big political war focused on Donald J. Trump takes the spotlight off of Biden.

Which, BTW, is fine with me. The more time that can be consumed by liberal scorched earth policy, the less time they'll have to really foul things up.

Trump will never hold national office in this country. Ever. I voted for him twice and, I assure you, I would not vote for him a third time, and I know a lot of former Trump supporters who feel the same.
Unfortunately, there are more Trump supporters who are not as reasonable as you. According to several polls taken since the Capitol Riot, about a third of folks in this country still approve of the Pres. (see 538). Rasmussen says half.

Trump will never hold national office in this country. Ever. I voted for him twice and, I assure you, I would not vote for him a third time, and I know a lot of former Trump supporters who feel the same.
Unfortunately, there are more Trump supporters who are not as reasonable as you. According to several polls taken since the Capitol Riot, about a third of folks in this country still approve of the Pres. (see 538). Rasmussen says half.

And that's something that should scare the shit out of the left.

Some 74 million people voted for Trump. That can't be ignored, and it's only to the peril of the democrats if they choose to...

Some 74 million people voted for Trump. That can't be ignored, and it's only to the peril of the democrats if they choose to...
What do you mean, only to their peril? What should Dems be afraid of?

The 74 million people who didn't vote for Biden...

Offer an alternative

Censure won't stop him from running again, which I thought was the only point?.

It offers Republicans an option short of Impeachment

But Republicans won’t accept any measure that makes Trump look bad, So Dems might as well go with Impeachment

81 million people voted to get rid of Trump
Where does that leave you?

Offer an alternative

That's watering the whole thing down though.

No, go right ahead with impeachment. Because that goes in the history books and that's gonna look really odd to future generations.

What about them? What peril are the Dems in from them?

The D's are going to have a real hard time implementing their policies with so many dissidents in the country.

Example given, with this corona virus, I'll be dammed if I'm going to wash my hands after using the can if Biden is responsible for it.

74 million is roughly 57 times larger than the entire Armed Forces of the United States.

Do the math...

I'm reminded that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's dumber younger brother Doug, is now the Premier of Ontario, and Doug ran on what a great job that he and his brother did when the ran Toronto. The Fords claimed they "saved" Toronto taxpayers $80 million and had the lowest tax increases of any city in North America. None of what they claimed was true at all, but Doug Ford is still repeating these lies, and Ontario voters believed him.

Toronto voters had Rob Ford stripped of all his mayoral powers during his term, so that he was mayor in name only. When Rob Ford dropped out of the election campaign due to his cancer diagnosis, Doug took his place and finished dead last. But Ontario voters believed the fictions, and quickly learned it was all a lie.

If Trump is allowed to go free, and continue to spout his poisonous lies for another four years, unchallenged, you could be right back in same mess you're in now, if Trump or someone worse, is elected in 2024.

81 million people voted to get rid of Trump
Where does that leave you?

The 74 million who didn't vote for Biden have most of the guns and over 8 trillion rounds of ammunition. It would be wise, if not to fear them, to at least have a healthy respect for what they could do.

The 81 million who did vote for Biden actually believe that going to a "safe place" will protect them...

I'm reminded that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's dumber younger brother Doug, is now the Premier of Ontario, and Doug ran on what a great job that he and his brother did when the ran Toronto. The Fords claimed they "saved" Toronto taxpayers $80 million and had the lowest tax increases of any city in North America. None of what they claimed was true at all, but Doug Ford is still repeating these lies, and Ontario voters believed him.

Toronto voters had Rob Ford stripped of all his mayoral powers during his term, so that he was mayor in name only. When Rob Ford dropped out of the election campaign due to his cancer diagnosis, Doug took his place and finished dead last. But Ontario voters believed the fictions, and quickly learned it was all a lie.

If Trump is allowed to go free, and continue to spout his poisonous lies for another four years, unchallenged, you could be right back in same mess you're in now, if Trump or someone worse, is elected in 2024.

If Trump runs again in 2024, it'll be as an independent, and he's made damn sure he'll got no chance of winning...

Forum List

Back