OK Republicans, let’s stop the impeachment once and for all

Trump will never hold national office in this country. Ever. I voted for him twice and, I assure you, I would not vote for him a third time, and I know a lot of former Trump supporters who feel the same.
Unfortunately, there are more Trump supporters who are not as reasonable as you. According to several polls taken since the Capitol Riot, about a third of folks in this country still approve of the Pres. (see 538). Rasmussen says half.

And that's something that should scare the shit out of the left.

Some 74 million people voted for Trump. That can't be ignored, and it's only to the peril of the democrats if they choose to...
What do you mean, only to their peril? What should Dems be afraid of?

The 74 million people who didn't vote for Biden...

81 million people voted to get rid of Trump
Where does that leave you?
One loots and burns the other kills ...

Trump will never hold national office in this country. Ever. I voted for him twice and, I assure you, I would not vote for him a third time, and I know a lot of former Trump supporters who feel the same.
Unfortunately, there are more Trump supporters who are not as reasonable as you. According to several polls taken since the Capitol Riot, about a third of folks in this country still approve of the Pres. (see 538). Rasmussen says half.

I'm reminded that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's dumber younger brother Doug, is now the Premier of Ontario, and Doug ran on what a great job that he and his brother did when the ran Toronto. The Fords claimed they "saved" Toronto taxpayers $80 million and had the lowest tax increases of any city in North America. None of what they claimed was true at all, but Doug Ford is still repeating these lies, and Ontario voters believed him.

Toronto voters had Rob Ford stripped of all his mayoral powers during his term, so that he was mayor in name only. When Rob Ford dropped out of the election campaign due to his cancer diagnosis, Doug took his place and finished dead last. But Ontario voters believed the fictions, and quickly learned it was all a lie.

If Trump is allowed to go free, and continue to spout his poisonous lies for another four years, unchallenged, you could be right back in same mess you're in now, if Trump or someone worse, is elected in 2024.

If Trump runs again in 2024, it'll be as an independent, and he's made damn sure he'll got no chance of winning...

Why would you think that? No one can touch Trump in the Republican Party.

Why would he bother with a pointless 3rd Party run? Who would the R's nominate instead- a sure loser like Pierre Delecto, Low Energy Jeb, or Son of a Mailman Kasich?

Some 74 million people voted for Trump. That can't be ignored, and it's only to the peril of the democrats if they choose to...

What about them? What peril are the Dems in from them?

74 million is roughly 57 times larger than the entire Armed Forces of the United States.

Do the math...
74 million is roughly 57 times larger than the entire Armed Forces of the United States.

Do the math.
You are wildly overstating your support to the point of derangement.

What about them? What peril are the Dems in from them?

Do the math...
Why, I do believe you're trying to threaten us, Canon Shooter.

I'm reminded that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's dumber younger brother Doug, is now the Premier of Ontario, and Doug ran on what a great job that he and his brother did when the ran Toronto. The Fords claimed they "saved" Toronto taxpayers $80 million and had the lowest tax increases of any city in North America. None of what they claimed was true at all, but Doug Ford is still repeating these lies, and Ontario voters believed him.

Toronto voters had Rob Ford stripped of all his mayoral powers during his term, so that he was mayor in name only. When Rob Ford dropped out of the election campaign due to his cancer diagnosis, Doug took his place and finished dead last. But Ontario voters believed the fictions, and quickly learned it was all a lie.

If Trump is allowed to go free, and continue to spout his poisonous lies for another four years, unchallenged, you could be right back in same mess you're in now, if Trump or someone worse, is elected in 2024.
Trump's last tweet was that they weren't done...
I believe him. Whether he continues to have support from a large number of people, HE thinks he does, and we don't need him stirring up hopes and fantasies again. I understand the seeming futility of an impeachment, but it is simply for this reason that I hope it goes forward and is successful. I wish Mitch wasn't dragging his feet.

Offer an alternative

Offer a SOLID Censure of President Trump. Not some mealy mouthed condemnation of violence that ignores the Presidents role. A condemnation that a majority of Republicans won’t sign up to anyway.

In lieu of Impeachment, offer a STRONGLY worded Censure of the Presidents actions leading up to and during the attack on Congress. Offer a Censure that the overwhelming majority of Republicans will support.

In addition to the Trump Censure, offer a bipartisan resolution declaring that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased.

If Republicans won’t do these two things, Democrats should proceed with Impeachment
If Republicans won’t do these two things, Democrats should proceed with Impeachment
Exactly right.
Nixon was not impeached only because Republican leaders told him he no longer had their support and it was time to go.

Republicans put the nation above Party in dealing with Nixon

They are no longer willing to do that. These are the same Republican Senators and Congressmen who emerged from a bunker hiding from wild “Stop the Steal” protestors and still voted to support the fantasy that 2020 was a stolen election

One thing that would go a long way to quell the suspicion surrounding this election, would be if Democrats would agree to investigate, and hold hearings on what happened, for the record in those battleground states, and agree to work with state legislatures in getting control how they proceed forward with future elections....

If that doesn't happen, this shit will only get worse. Because it is clear now how Democrats, and some Republicans conspired to make President Trump a one term President....And American's won't suffer that kind of corruption...

Just like when some seemingly insignificant individual gets killed in some far away land that sparks an internal civil war, you people just made Trump a martyr.....congrats.
Nothing "happened." Don't you get that? If something had actually happened, then you would have pin pointed exactly what that was. Instead, no one has found out, that anything "happened" at all. Critical and logical thinking are valuable tools. Try using them.

Offer an alternative

Offer a SOLID Censure of President Trump. Not some mealy mouthed condemnation of violence that ignores the Presidents role. A condemnation that a majority of Republicans won’t sign up to anyway.

In lieu of Impeachment, offer a STRONGLY worded Censure of the Presidents actions leading up to and during the attack on Congress. Offer a Censure that the overwhelming majority of Republicans will support.

In addition to the Trump Censure, offer a bipartisan resolution declaring that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased.

How would a "censure" help the Republicans at all?

And until there is a commission to investigate the 2020 election, how can anyone declare it was "fair".
There is nothing to investigate. Imaginary voter fraud does not qualify for consideration.

If Trump runs again in 2024, it'll be as an independent, and he's made damn sure he'll got no chance of winning...

Why would you think that? No one can touch Trump in the Republican Party.

Why would he bother with a pointless 3rd Party run? Who would the R's nominate instead- a sure loser like Pierre Delecto, Low Energy Jeb, or Son of a Mailman Kasich?

Because he's lost whatever respect and support he ever had from the majority of the party. These" who else could it be" questions are silly. Look at the slate of candidates running back in 2015 and 2016. All of them were pretty viable...

And until there is a commission to investigate the 2020 election, how can anyone declare it was "fair".

50 States have declared the election fair.
That is where the investigation belongs.....To the states.

Republicans embraced a States right to select a President in 2016 when it elected Trump
Now, they refuse the rights of States to declare they conducted a fair election

So you think its perfectly ok for the D's to chase everyone home and then bring in tractor trailers full of Biden votes in to be counted in secret at 4 a.m.?
You have zero evidence anything like that would occur. Make believe makes you into a fool.

Offer an alternative

America, as we have seen this past week is more divided than even liberal progressives thought...Why you idiots would want to throw gas on the fire is beyond me.....But we all should unite right?
Ignoring an attack on Congress only adds to the fire.

The only way to extinguish the fire is to admit that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased. Not because it will stop the violence, but because it is true.

Congress cannot tolerate an attack on Congress to stop the election process. They cannot stand for members being threatened and intimidated. They must hold Trump accountable.

It is folly to think that you are going to get half the population, angered by the bullshit that went on to ensure that Trump lost in this election will now be just declared as "fair and unbiased".... It wasn't, and myself for one will NEVER concede that it was....

You just made Trump a martyr, and now you, and when I say you, I mean Democrats, and as such now you can reap what you are sowing....
Then you're a grade A pos liar then, because you have no proof. And if you don't have any proof, then you yourself just made it up. You have nothing to go on to support your conclusions. And your feelings about it, are worth about two buckets of shit.

Offer an alternative

Repugs might go along with that "strongly worded" censure or resolution since it is essentially meaningless and toothless and won't do anything to deter or punish Trump.

Offer an alternative

Censure won't stop him from running again, which I thought was the only point?.

It offers Republicans an option short of Impeachment

But Republicans won’t accept any measure that makes Trump look bad, So Dems might as well go with Impeachment
Cool.

Impeach.

This isn’t about what Dimwingers claim Trump did. They are scared shitless he will come back in 2024 and kick Commiela Harris’ ass.

81 million people voted to get rid of Trump
Where does that leave you?

The 74 million who didn't vote for Biden have most of the guns and over 8 trillion rounds of ammunition. It would be wise, if not to fear them, to at least have a healthy respect for what they could do.

The 81 million who did vote for Biden actually believe that going to a "safe place" will protect them...

More “second amendment remedies” do not help your case

Let Trump split the GOP vote

Final nail in the Republican coffin

More fantasy and games by the left.

I agree

Any expectation of Republicans to act responsibly is a fantasy.
That is why Impeachment is the only remaining option

I just read this thread and smiled. You fail to really understand that neither party is capable of acting responsibly. Gullible people like you only think in superior and inferior terms, that one party is better than the other. They are all inferior. None of them are capable or willing to make this country better for us.

But unlike you, I won't be a lamb led to slaughter.

Let Trump split the GOP vote

Final nail in the Republican coffin

Also, I see people like you actively seeking the death of the opposing viewpoint.

Why do you harbor so much hatred for other people who think differently than you?

Forum List

Back