Ok so what do you see in the Al Franken picture?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
I'm probably going to piss off Conservatives about this, but I have to call it like I see it. I don't see anything incriminating in the USO picture. I see Al Franken acting goofy for the photographer. Yeah Ok it isn't cool to use a sleeping female soldier for a prank photo but to me that is all it is. Sorry but I don't see sexual misconduct it doesn't appear that Franken is really touching her. He looks like a college guy making fun of someone who fell asleep at a party. If I don't have it right, then by all means, set me straight.
Also I am no Al Franken fan. I remember his election and I thought it was total BS how they did recount after recount to come up with enough votes to push him over the top. I don't think he deserves to be a Senator but this gotcha stuff has to stop on both sides.

franken.jpg

I'm probably going to piss off Conservatives about this, but I have to call it like I see it. I don't see anything incriminating in the USO picture. I see Al Franken acting goofy for the photographer. Yeah Ok it isn't cool to use a sleeping female soldier for a prank photo but to me that is all it is. Sorry but I don't see sexual misconduct it doesn't appear that Franken is really touching her. He looks like a college guy making fun of someone who fell asleep at a party. If I don't have it right, then by all means, set me straight.
Also I am no Al Franken fan. I remember his election and I thought it was total BS how they did recount after recount to come up with enough votes to push him over the top. I don't think he deserves to be a Senator but this gotcha stuff has to stop on both sides.

View attachment 160869

Right, I don't think he is touching her, and if she is the first women who had been kissed without permission by a man, well she isn't and she will not be the last. I guess if you look wrong at a woman , or say something wrong, its sexual assault.
Pity the poor women who is beaten and raped. Hundreds a day in the USA , we never hear about them, as they do not have a platform.

I see Franken is clearly not touching her.

Thus, it falls under the category of "workplace harassment", as opposed to "sexual assault".

And in such cases, when the perp does not have a pattern of such behavior and shows regret, he doesn't get fired.

But that's just my consistent liberal ethics talking.

View attachment 160869

that would be true except, as I understand, this photo happened after he already had stuck his tounge in her mouth with a forced kiss and she had to push him away, telling him if he ever tried that again, she would fight back.I heard this from her interview on the radio, and she was pretty forceful about how angry she was at the time. Therefore I come to the conclusion that if he took this photo after that event, his intention was to demean her. Technically it may not be sexual harassment, but it makes him very lowlife to say the least.

View attachment 160869

If he were merely acting like he was reaching for her breasts you would have a point. However his hands ARE on her breasts. That constitutes sexual assault in my book.

View attachment 160869
A sophomoric prank, something you'd see in college.

Another difference is that the woman Franken harassed is fully clothed, as well as an adult woman.

Moore stripped himself and a 14 year old girl down to their underwear and made her touch his erection while she protested.

Nope, sorry, not the same thing at all. False equivalency.

Another difference is that the woman Franken harassed is fully clothed, as well as an adult woman.

Moore stripped himself and a 14 year old girl down to their underwear and made her touch his erection while she protested.

Actually the mother of the accuser called her out as a liar on the details of her testimony involving the phone in particular

View attachment 160869

It's pretty hard to see anything in a pic that small.

Looks like a lame practical joke.

View attachment 160869

Nice try. But you don't have all the facts. The photo is the icing on the cake. Franken needs to resign.

View attachment 160869

Nice try. But you don't have all the facts. The photo is the icing on the cake. Franken needs to resign.

What for?

View attachment 160869

What for?

I guess you missed the part where he forced himself on her. But I'm sure you'll defend that also.

That has not been proven. It is an ALLEGATION.

Both of these men deserve the benefit of the doubt IMHO.

BUT, If it turns out to be true.......

pitchforks.gif

View attachment 160869

What for?

I guess you missed the part where he forced himself on her. But I'm sure you'll defend that also.

No, I heard about that, although it's not the topic. I heard about the picture too, but this is the first time I've seen it, and it's hard to see much of anything.

But with or without that, my question was, on what basis does Franken "need to resign" from a gig he wasn't even in at the time?

That has not been proven. It is an ALLEGATION.

Both of these men deserve the benefit of the doubt IMHO.

BUT, If it turns out to be true.......

pitchforks.gif

What? Shove them into a time machine?
Cruel.

Forum List

Back