Ok!! What did ya get for xmas? TELL!

Mostly clothes. I got a lottery ticket that was a $100 winner. $20 scratch off.

No snow.

None of us could really afford to do anything money-wise this year. I took care of my youngest grandson and get a delay on my oldest grandson until February when he moves from Korea to Ft. Bragg, NC.

I made an early trip to my little lady's house to make a Christmas pancake breakfast for her, her overnight caretaker and myself. Otherwise, my little lady would have had her usual cold cereal for breakfast.

It's all good - my family is healthy and we have each other and that's a lot to be thankful for.

Several of us pooled resources and ordered a bunch of those "Great Courses" DVDs. Variety of subjects from ancient history to modern architecture. The real gift will be the gatherings to watch them.

None of us could really afford to do anything money-wise this year. I took care of my youngest grandson and get a delay on my oldest grandson until February when he moves from Korea to Ft. Bragg, NC.

I made an early trip to my little lady's house to make a Christmas pancake breakfast for her, her overnight caretaker and myself. Otherwise, my little lady would have had her usual cold cereal for breakfast.

It's all good - my family is healthy and we have each other and that's a lot to be thankful for.

It sounds like a nice Christmas. I don't care anymore about all the gifts. as you get older, it gets to be that way.

Merry Christmas, Granny. All the best for the new year. :)

I got an official Red Ryder 200 shot carbine range rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time

A DVD of "The Prize" by Daniel Yergin. A very nice colored-glass desk lamp by a local artist. A mini-fry pan (non-stick) from the daughter so I don't dirty mom's dishes. :lol:

Smaller knick-knack stuff.

Fun day. :thup:

No snow.

The Bully Pulpet by Doris Goodwin and "Take Your Eye Off The Ball by Pat Kirwan; the usual socks and underwear, so far. The kids will be here next Saturday for Prime Rib and then we'll open the primary gifts (shhh I got my wife a new Windows 8 lap top).

No snow.

The Bully Pulpet by Doris Goodwin and "Take Your Eye Off The Ball by Pat Kirwan; the usual socks and underwear, so far. The kids will be here next Saturday for Prime Rib and then we'll open the primary gifts (shhh I got my wife a new Windows 8 lap top).

Nice. :)

I got a bottle of cheap rum and a bottle of sangria.

I also got laid off
I pray that you are working a job again soon! :) :) :)

A plastic candy cane with candy kisses inside, two Nestle's Crunch bars, a pack of gum, a ball of hair scrunchies, and three little bottles of Bath & Body scents were in my stocking. There was also a word search book in there. I loved doing those when I was a kid. :) :) :)

Under the tree was a really good book named Country Faith: 56 Reflections From Today's Leading Country Music Stars. Also under there was the 2nd season of Blue Bloods, the 1st season of the TV show that comedian Bill Engvall did a few years ago on TBS, country singer Darryl Worley's Christmas album was also under there for me as well as fellow country singer Alan Jackson 2nd Precious Memories album and new bluegrass album. I also got a film on DVD named Kix Brooks Presents A Country Christmas. I was given a scarf later on in the day by two of my cousins. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I was told that I am supposed to get at least one more gift, but it will not be here until sometime next month.

Forum List

Back