Oklahoma banned students could sue the college and win big

A government institution which is what a University is classified as CANNOT prohibit free speech. Period.

What is going on you moron is that you want to this PUBLIC university to be a PRIVATE university SO BAD so you can have a POINT, but it's NOT going to happen. STOP TROLLING.

Sure they can

They just can't throw you in jail for it. You can be kicked out at any time for your actions

The Army is a government institution. Do you think you can say anything you want without punishment?

If you are in the Army you are an employee. A college student is the customer, not an employee.

nice try, but ---------------------- FAIL

Good god....is that the best you can come up with?

A college student is accepted or rejected by the university. Their admittance can be revoked at any time

they are accepted based on grades and the ability to pay the tuition. not on their political beliefs.

but not one of you libs has given us the rules of OU that were violated.

They are expected to meet standards of conduct

Celebrating lynching does not meet any standard

so you would expell a group of blacks for playing a rap song that called for killing cops and/or whitey?

its a yes or no question, jake.

Ok, so kick the fraternity off campus, but expelling students is another matter.

They did kick them off campus. SAE kicked them the rest of the way

They were expelled for creating a hostile environment for others......you don't think celebrating lynching creates a hostile environment?

no one that was not on the bus heard the song. where exactly was the hostile environment?

If it was a public bus you would have a valid point, but it was a private vehicle.

So you haven't heard the song...

yeah, I heard it and I personally find it offensive, I also find many rap lyrics offensive. If a bus full of a black fraternity was playing anti-white or anti-cop rap on a boom box should they be expelled?

The point is that both are done in a private setting, a bus that was rented by that group, not a public setting.

Are you leftists now wanting to punish people for what they do in private?

In my opinion, as soon as the video went viral they might as well have been singing in Carnegie Hall. Tough world we live in when videos expose abusive cops and racist ranting songs.

The university will be singing a different tune very shortly. Why do you think I said I hope Al sharpton gets in on this and Obama? Lol... These kids can take them all down. Isn't it funny that they are nowhere to be seen on this. They know where this is going and protecting their asses.

It was an SAE event

SAE is a fraternal organization resident at OU and sanctioned by the parent organization and the university
What has been shown is that this racist chant was taught to new members and had been performed many times. As can be seen on the tape, this was a very popular song....lynching negroes and all

Both the SAE parent organization and university acknowleged this is not the type of organization they want on campus

Ok, so kick the fraternity off campus, but expelling students is another matter.

They were expelled for creating a hostile environment for others......you don't think celebrating lynching creates a hostile environment?

no one that was not on the bus heard the song. where exactly was the hostile environment?

If it was a public bus you would have a valid point, but it was a private vehicle.

yeah, I heard it and I personally find it offensive, I also find many rap lyrics offensive. If a bus full of a black fraternity was playing anti-white or anti-cop rap on a boom box should they be expelled?

The point is that both are done in a private setting, a bus that was rented by that group, not a public setting.

So the kids should sue? They should run to the big federal government for help then?

So the kids should sue? They should run to the big federal government for help then?

Or a private law firm. Why do leftists assume everyone has the govt fight their battles?

Of course. The US supreme court will rule in their favor as they have in the past like the examples I posted. I'll even donate to their cause. ;)

they don't need the feds, I am quite sure there are many lawyers who would take their case on a contingency basis.

In my opinion, as soon as the video went viral they might as well have been singing in Carnegie Hall. Tough world we live in when videos expose abusive cops and racist ranting songs.

The university will be singing a different tune very shortly. Why do you think I said I hope Al sharpton gets in on this and Obama? Lol... These kids can take them all down. Isn't it funny that they are nowhere to be seen on this. They know where this is going and protecting their asses.

I'm still hoping to see some spark of genius, somewhere in there. No luck yet.

they don't need the feds, I am quite sure there are many lawyers who would take their case on a contingency basis.

10% of 100 million is $10,000,000, I'd take it on.

Of course. The US supreme court will rule in their favor as they have in the past like the examples I posted. I'll even donate to their cause. ;)

Could you provide me the post number as to where you posted these decisions, thanks.

Or a private law firm. Why do leftists assume everyone has the govt fight their battles?

Assume? The OP STARTS OUT making this a CONSTITUTIONAL issue, which makes it a GOVERNMENT issue.

Goddam you people are stupid.

Maybe the two expelled students can use the apologies they just issued as part of their defense. What do think? Sound like a good idea?

Assume? The OP STARTS OUT making this a CONSTITUTIONAL issue, which makes it a GOVERNMENT issue.

Private law firms argue cases before SCOTUS..."goddamn you're stupid"

Could you provide me the post number as to where you posted these decisions, thanks.

yes, post #184

courts are part of the government. you really did fail 9th grade civics didn't you?

Which means exactly what I said...

these kids would be running to the big federal government to help them.

they are accepted based on grades and the ability to pay the tuition. not on their political beliefs.

but not one of you libs has given us the rules of OU that were violated.
The students were chanting they would never allow blacks into their fraternity. That's discrimination.

http://www.ou.edu/content/dam/studentlife/documents/AllCampusStudentCode.pdf

The student has the right to form, join and participate in any student organization or group without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age (40 or older), religion, disability, political beliefs or status as a veteran.

No, they would be using a law firm to argue their case. "goddamn you're stupid"

courts are part of the government. you really did fail 9th grade civics didn't you?

The Irish C is the one who's claiming they're not, dumbass. Learn to read.

which court other than a government court should they go to????????? you cannot be as stupid as you appear to be.

It wasn't even called civics, it was called US Government, lol, btw you were responding to the wrong guy. You need to edit.

Forum List

Back