Oklahoma banned students could sue the college and win big

they are accepted based on grades and the ability to pay the tuition. not on their political beliefs.

but not one of you libs has given us the rules of OU that were violated.
The students were chanting they would never allow a black into their fraternity. That's discrimination.

http://www.ou.edu/content/dam/studentlife/documents/AllCampusStudentCode.pdf

The student has the right to form, join and participate in any student organization or group without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age (40 or older), religion, disability, political beliefs or status as a veteran. Institutional Equity Office and Sexual Misconduct

The kids are also now saying they were taught the song in the fraternity.

yeah, I heard it and I personally find it offensive, I also find many rap lyrics offensive. If a bus full of a black fraternity was playing anti-white or anti-cop rap on a boom box should they be expelled?

The point is that both are done in a private setting, a bus that was rented by that group, not a public setting.

Are you leftists now wanting to punish people for what they do in private?

So the kids should sue? They should run to the big federal government for help then?

Or a private law firm. Why do leftists assume everyone has the govt fight their battles?

Assume? The OP STARTS OUT making this a CONSTITUTIONAL issue, which makes it a GOVERNMENT issue.

Goddam you people are stupid.

courts are part of the government. you really did fail 9th grade civics didn't you?

The Irish C is the one who's claiming they're not, dumbass. Learn to read.

not what she or I said. your reading comprehension is very poor.

they are accepted based on grades and the ability to pay the tuition. not on their political beliefs.

The students were chanting they would never allow a black into their fraternity. That's discrimination.

The student has the right to form, join and participate in any student organization or group without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age (40 or older), religion, disability, political beliefs or status as a veteran. Institutional Equity Office and Sexual Misconduct

they probably were. so what? Any idea what kinds of songs are sung in private in black fraternities?

Six pages so far of racists crying over some not very bright students being punished for violating school code. I thought the right was all about the rule of law, personal responsibility etc etc blah blah.

There must be one of you - a genius perhaps - who could get it through to my feeble liberal mind exactly how the University was not acting within its rights when they decided to expel these students.

So tell us, did you not smoke pot or drink while on campus or in the dorms? Those are code violations as well, but I don't see colleges suspending or expelling anybody. Kids do stupid things in college.

So the kids should sue? They should run to the big federal government for help then?

Or a private law firm. Why do leftists assume everyone has the govt fight their battles?

Assume? The OP STARTS OUT making this a CONSTITUTIONAL issue, which makes it a GOVERNMENT issue.

Private law firms argue cases before SCOTUS..."goddamn you're stupid"

Which means exactly what I said...

these kids would be running to the big federal government to help them.

which court other than a government court should they go to????????? you cannot be as stupid as you appear to be.

Given how much you RWnuts hate the federal government, and half the RWnuts around here don't even think the Supreme Court should have the right of judicial review,

I just find it funny how quickly you run to the federal government when it suits you.

they probably were. so what?

You said no one told you what rules of OU were violated. Now you can't say that any more.

Any idea what kinds of songs are sung in private in black fraternities?

Are you a member of a black fraternity?

they probably were. so what? Any idea what kinds of songs are sung in private in black fraternities?

Two wrongs making a right is not a legal argument, nor a logical argument.

which court other than a government court should they go to????????? you cannot be as stupid as you appear to be.

Given how much you RWnuts hate the federal government, and half the RWnuts around here don't even think the Supreme Court should have the right of judicial review,

I just find it funny how quickly you run to the federal government when it suits you.

^^ Help, help I have poor reading comprehension and I'm drowning!!!!!!

Dude, you can say that about all of you guys or 95% of America since it was created. Who cares? The point is these kids need to get their mail and start calling these referrals that you know they are getting.

Dude, you can say that about all of you guys or 95% of America since it was created. Who cares? The point is these kids need to get their mail and start calling these referrals that you know they are getting.

Shouldn't they start by appealing their expulsions according to university procedure?

Sure they can

They just can't throw you in jail for it. You can be kicked out at any time for your actions

The Army is a government institution. Do you think you can say anything you want without punishment?

If you are in the Army you are an employee. A college student is the customer, not an employee.

nice try, but ---------------------- FAIL

Good god....is that the best you can come up with?

A college student is accepted or rejected by the university. Their admittance can be revoked at any time

They are expected to meet standards of conduct

Celebrating lynching does not meet any standard

so you would expell a group of blacks for playing a rap song that called for killing cops and/or whitey?

its a yes or no question, jake.

Well, you got a good point there don't you?

If the rap song mentioned Oklahoma University or an organization at OU that advocates the killing of cops, then I think it should be banned

Does that help?

they probably were. so what?

You said no one told you what rules of OU were violated. Now you can't say that any more.

Any idea what kinds of songs are sung in private in black fraternities?

Are you a member of a black fraternity?

Who cares. Btw.. even you know he "might" be on to something with the black fraternities, however, as of now there is no proof.

It does not look spontaneous

Looks like they have all sung it before

Who cares. Btw.. even you know he "might" be on to something with the black fraternities, however, as of now there is no proof.

Redfish desperately threw out a red herring pie with a tu quoque crust.

The little racists punks got caught violating the school's anti-discrimination policy. They're outta here, and they haven't a legal leg to stand on.

Case closed.

"I am deeply sorry for what I did Saturday night. It was wrong and reckless. I made a horrible mistake by joining into the singing and encouraging others to do the same," Parker Rice said in a statement printed by the newspaper.

So one of the students has already admitted to wrongdoing. Makes it a bit hard from him now to claim he did nothing wrong.

Shouldn't they start by appealing their expulsions according to university procedure?

hell no. why would they want back in when they can sue for additional damages of the university slandering their reputation, and use that as an excuse to why they can't attend ANY college. Expulsions follow you and are on your record. You have to disclose that to any university you apply for.

hell no. why would they want back in when they can sue for additional damages of the university slandering their reputation, and use that as an excuse to why they can't attend ANY college. Expulsions follow you and are on your record. You have to disclose that to any university you apply for.
It isn't slander if it is true. They destroyed themselves.

Case closed.

You don't get it, they've already issued apologies, there won't be any lawsuit, it's over.

Forum List

Back