Oklahoma Will Charge Those Who Install Their Own Solar Panels

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
OMG, I guess the Right is desperate to fight solar power. :cuckoo:

Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels | NationofChange

Oklahoma residents who produce their own energy through solar panels or small wind turbines on their property will now be charged an additional fee, the result of a new bill passed by the state legislature and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin (R).
<more>

Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels | NationofChange

Oklahoma residents who produce their own energy through solar panels or small wind turbines on their property will now be charged an additional fee, the result of a new bill passed by the state legislature and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin (R).
<more>

Well, at least they didn't ED some fucker's ranch to install panels from filthy commie chink bastards.

That said, every signatory of this bill should be taken into a field and shot.

I'm guessing that very soon, the militias will be leaving the Bundy Ranch and heading straight to Oklahoma to defend the residents of Oklahoma to do what they want on their own property without Big Gubmint penalizing them.

Attachments

• $untitled.png tread.png
    $untitled.png tread.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 219

<more>

OMG, I guess the idiots still blame everything on Republicans.

Did you know that people who sell energy back to the grid raises the costs for everyone else? That if the green energy lobby didn't have the lobbying muscle, and the unconditional support if idiots, it could be challenged under disparate impact as racism? Why the fuck should poor people pay for rich people to get more money?

More government in peoples life's. How leftist!

I am pretty sure you are smart enough to know that utilities are required, by law, to pay people for electricity they sell back to the grid at exactly the same rate they charge for it. Lefties call this the free market, I call it stupidity.

<more>

So, wait. You are angry they companies want to be compensated for the use of their infrastructure? Isn't that what these people are doing in order to be compensated by the companies when they sell the sell the excess energy back to the grid? Doesn't the company have to pay people to figure out what is owed to the customer that used green energy in order to issue a credit? AND in order for these people to actually get the credit they are using the companies power lines as well, yes?

Do you want them to get this service for free? Would you call that freeloading? What of those people who can't afford to install solar panels? They alone would be paying for the issuing of credits created by the additional costs of the refund which need to be figured and they alone would be paying for the infrastructure (power lines) which allows the electricity to flow back to the eclectic facility.

So if the fee is to cover the additional costs of issuing credits to consumers who use green energy and the additional power lines which need to be run to these devices I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm guessing that very soon, the militias will be leaving the Bundy Ranch and heading straight to Oklahoma to defend the residents of Oklahoma to do what they want on their own property without Big Gubmint penalizing them.

I am sure that, if you actually had a brain, you would have noticed that, if they don't sell the electricity back to the utility at government mandated rates, they won't be assessed a fee. But, please, don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

CaféAuLait;8957874 said:

<more>

So, wait. You are angry they companies want to be compensated for the use of their infrastructure? Isn't that what these people are doing in order to be compensated by the companies when they sell the sell the excess energy back to the grid? Doesn't the company have to pay people to figure out what is owed to the customer that used green energy in order to issue a credit? AND in order for these people to actually get the credit they are using the companies power lines as well, yes?

Do you want them to get this service for free? Would you call that freeloading? What of those people who can't afford to install solar panels? They alone would be paying for the issuing of credits created by the additional costs of the refund which need to be figured and they alone would be paying for the infrastructure (power lines) which allows the electricity to flow back to the eclectic facility.

So if the fee is to cover the additional costs of issuing credits to consumers who use green energy and the additional power lines which need to be run to these devices I see nothing wrong with it.

It is only freeloading if Republicans do it.

As the batteries get more reasonable in price, if the wingnut politicians do this, people will begin to simply disconnect from the grid, and say the hell with the big energy corperations. A real revolution, not some whacked out turds packing military grade weapons out in the Nevada desert.

"The measure directs utilities to recover the costs of providing electrical infrastructure to homes or businesses with solar panels or small wind turbines, The Oklahoman reported (Solar advocates worry about Oklahoma legislation for surcharge | News OK ) Saturday. The costs would be determined through a rate tariff filed with the Oklahoma Corporation Commission."

Oklahoma solar, wind energy users worry about legislation that would add fee to utility bill - Seymour Tribune

That's total BULLSHIT.

When a person places alternate devices on his/her house, everything is included and installed by the solar/wind company. The ONLY thing the utility does is connect to the grid (which is the utilities requirement) which costs you $125.00 for 5 minutes work. I've been there, bought it, had it installed, and am reaping the benefits.

This is nothing more than Oklahoma Republicans fucking the little guy.

As the batteries get more reasonable in price, if the wingnut politicians do this, people will begin to simply disconnect from the grid, and say the hell with the big energy corperations. A real revolution, not some whacked out turds packing military grade weapons out in the Nevada desert.

Bundy, An American Terrorist.

I am sure that, if you actually had a brain, you would have noticed that, if they don't sell the electricity back to the utility at government mandated rates, they won't be assessed a fee. But, please, don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

Thanks for the insult. Let me know when you grow up and then I'll have a discussion with you.

Forum List

Back