Old picture of a famous TV sitcom actress. You'll never guess!

I won't say yet, see if you can guess.
View attachment 327911

That is Irene Hervey...

1587844277843.png

Beauty doesn't age well.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Maybe the make up department made her look well aged.

I served in the Army with Phyllis Diller's nephew.

He said his aunt was much more attractive in real life than her stage makeup.

Young Phyllis Diller

View attachment 327945
View attachment 327951
Makeup and airbrushed by Playboy

Embed Tweet. Playboy planned to do a spread with Phyllis Diller as a goof, but never published them because they were “too sexy”.

Well I was wrong, looks like it is Ms. Ryan. We can see what happens from excessive smoking of crawdads!

^
' We can see what happens from excessive smoking of craw dads! '

you wrote one too many words there, froo froo; so i fixed it for ya.

yer welcome.

View attachment 327911

Here in the middle of the picture is Irene Ryan in the 1948 film "Texas, Brooklyn and Heaven" she is almost already unrecognisable from the picture in your OP when she was 18 years in age in 1920, below she would be 46 years in age:

View attachment 327928
Wow even at 46? She must have had a hard life, she was a total knockout!

Yes she was incredibly beautiful at the age of 18 and TOTALLY unrecognisable at 46, even if you would have posted a picture of her at age 46 I don't think anyone automatically would have thought it was the SAME Irene Ryan. I can't find alot about her early life only she was married to the actor Tim Ryan and they were married from 1922-1942, but there is nothing about any traumatic happenings or a hard life, but as you comment there must have been something because I can't see how someone goes from being very beautiful at 18 to being completely unrecognisable less than 20 years later.
The only thing I found was that Max Baer (Jethro) once said Irene "smoked like a chimney" to the point where the Beverly Hillbillies cast worried about her health. So maybe even from a young age she smoked so much it radically changed her appearance .

Young Phyllis Diller

View attachment 327945
View attachment 327951
Makeup and airbrushed by Playboy

Embed Tweet. Playboy planned to do a spread with Phyllis Diller as a goof, but never published them because they were “too sexy”.

Most (if not all) of the Playboy models were airbrushed.

I myself did not know, but yes it is "The Beverly Hillbillies"

View attachment 327924

It say 1920 so she was 18 years in age born 1902, it illustrates again the absolute tragedy of the human ageing process because she was very beautiful as a young woman.

Naaah. Looking old when you're old is just proof that time hasn't been able to kill you yet. Wrinkles are battle scars.

View attachment 327911

Here in the middle of the picture is Irene Ryan in the 1948 film "Texas, Brooklyn and Heaven" she is almost already unrecognisable from the picture in your OP when she was 18 years in age in 1920, below she would be 46 years in age:

View attachment 327928

Yes she was incredibly beautiful at the age of 18 and TOTALLY unrecognisable at 46, even if you would have posted a picture of her at age 46 I don't think anyone automatically would have thought it was the SAME Irene Ryan. I can't find alot about her early life only she was married to the actor Tim Ryan and they were married from 1922-1942, but there is nothing about any traumatic happenings or a hard life, but as you comment there must have been something because I can't see how someone goes from being very beautiful at 18 to being completely unrecognisable less than 20 years later.
The only thing I found was that Max Baer (Jethro) once said Irene "smoked like a chimney" to the point where the Beverly Hillbillies cast worried about her health. So maybe even from a young age she smoked so much it radically changed her appearance .

That is sad so I had to give a Sad rating, on the old format it would have been Informative, the new ratings are so terrible, the old ratings were alot more appropriate.

• Love
Reactions: Ava
View attachment 327911

That is Irene Hervey...

I think Hjmick is right, that is Irene Hervey! The picture I posted has been circulating as Irene Ryan but if you zoom into the signature on the picture (on my pic it's edited out) it looks like the last name is Hervey or at least a name beginning with 'H'. Good catch!

A woman’s greatest inherent virtue is the beauty of her youth. Call it sexist; call it what you want... Women were made so beautiful, so that they could land the best possible mate before they dry up, and grow old. Too bad feminism has turned them into easy whores who destroy themselves before they ever have a chance to pair bond and raise a family... It’s good for horny guys though...

View attachment 327911

View attachment 327928

Time...

View attachment 327911

That is Irene Hervey...

I think Hjmick is right, that is Irene Hervey! The picture I posted has been circulating as Irene Ryan but if you zoom into the signature on the picture (on my pic it's edited out) it looks like the last name is Hervey or at least a name beginning with 'H'. Good catch!

Iran Ryan was by no means ugly in her youth, but she was no Irene Hervey...

iu

View attachment 327911

That is Irene Hervey...

Excellent work from hjmick

Let us look now:

1587854624816.png

^^^^ Sincerely Irene - does not look like Ryan and it finish with a y and line through the y.

I also find a picture of Irene Hervey autographed:

1587854782079.png

I zoom in and Screen Shot the autograph notice the SAME line through the y:

1587854844960.png

And another Irene Hervey autograph notice you can just see the end of the line through the y:

1587855109403.png

Okay other pictures of Irene Hervey:

1587854706014.png

1587854956137.png

View attachment 327911

That is Irene Hervey...

Excellent work from hjmick

Let us look now:

View attachment 328030

^^^^ Sincerely Irene - does not look like Ryan and it finish with a y and line through the y.

I also find a picture of Irene Hervey autographed:

View attachment 328033

I zoom in and Screen Shot the autograph notice the SAME line through the y:

View attachment 328034

And another Irene Hervey autograph notice you can just see the end of the line through the y:

View attachment 328036

Okay other pictures of Irene Hervey:

View attachment 328032

View attachment 328035

Your original post of the full size Hervey picture piqued my skepticism... Ryan's maiden name was Noblitt. Neither last name looked close to the signature on the photograph...

Last edited:
View attachment 327911

That is Irene Hervey...

I would give you a Winner on the old format.

View attachment 327911

View attachment 327928

Time...

Well yes but now thanks to Sherlock "Hjmick" Holmes we now find it's not even Irene Ryan!

Forum List

Back